Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4601 4602 [4603] 4604 4605 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472463 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69030 on: January 10, 2014, 06:11:02 pm »

I appreciate it, the support, but this all feels so much like deja vu. Every time someone says they are going to do something extreme everyone, even absolute strangers, absolutely panic. Every time you get a broken heart, it's "theres plenty of fish," and I feel bad all the way up until the point where it fades away to the dullest shade of gray. I feel so helpless. I want to make a violent change. I want to be mad and have people recognize it.
Yeah, people tend to panic. I was actually afraid that you would no longer post, implying that I knew someone was about to off himself and I couldn't do squat... I care, and so does everyone else around here. So do us a favor and wait a bit, try to get over your relationship issues, see a doctor if you think you're ill, and only then make a final decision. There's a Nietzsche quote that goes something like "The thought of suicide has helped many a person get through many a dark night." Everybody thinks about that stuff now and then*, but as morning comes, these feelings go away.

As to your preferred method: Poisoning yourself is usually a bad method, as things can go very wrong and leave you alive but crippled, and even the prettiest corpse is not a pretty one if it's covered in vomit and other fluids. To both set a violent example and kill yourself effectively, I'd suggest a long drop hanging - at least that's the method I'd choose.

If you want to talk in private, my PM box is open ;)

*Proof: In a conversation with your friends and/or aquaintances, ask them which method they'd choose to kill themselves. Chances are that two thirds of them will not have to think long before coming up with a method and good arguments in its favor.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69031 on: January 10, 2014, 06:13:48 pm »

And it all seems really spelled out. I say I wanna die, the world says don't. Do we even know why we do it? It feels like a societal urge. Is it a decision that anyone can nod to and respect? It feels to tomato, tomauto. I stick the knife in, it hurts. Everything seems like it's built to prevent the inevitable in some fashion.

I've calmed down a bit but I'm still left wondering. The lovable human inside me wants to know what's hiding behind all this protection and I want to rebel.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69032 on: January 10, 2014, 06:19:27 pm »

Then go and do something dadaistic, or something you wouldn't normally do - plant a few potatoes somewhere in the city, for example.
Or just take a long nighttime walk over the fields or through a residential area; that usually calms me down in that sort of situation.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69033 on: January 10, 2014, 06:20:43 pm »

Well it's all better than freezing to death. Big fear. Honestly' I'd prefer the reliability of exsanguination, but I don't think I could do wrist, and neck is a lot easier to perform on others than on oneself. People usually end up cutting the trachea, causing them to drown in blood rather than exsanguinate. Discipline wouldn't allow me to use a firearm to injure myself.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69034 on: January 10, 2014, 06:23:29 pm »

the "shit let's not kill ourselves" factor is both a societal and biological one

societal because it hurts others and fuck hurting others especially since you can't be held responsible for it for obvious reasons
i actually respect it when people come to a conscious and well thought out decision to end their lives
biological because good ol' nature wants you to procreate and death isn't conductive to procreation very much
saying it now would make me more or less the biggest dick to wander these forums since fiveever so whoever actually thinks that would keep quiet
i'm trivializing a fuckton. you'd be better suited looking for some resources on the internet, honestly. a lot of good stuff out there

still, now is the time to tell the limits to go fuck themselves and do the things you always wanted? i mean why not

go buy a ton of limestone and dump it in a preschool or something

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #69035 on: January 10, 2014, 06:31:04 pm »

School house rock?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Urist McOriginalname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69036 on: January 10, 2014, 06:42:22 pm »

We don't want you to die because we know you are making a decision based on your current feelings which is dumb by default.

Your problem is questioning existence on a bad mood, do it when you feel happy, because it worked for me, because i bought everyone presents, because instead of acknowledging sad reality my mind made me realize that we all have this random chance to exist together so i wanned to make the time we have to spend here good for everyone.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69037 on: January 10, 2014, 06:51:06 pm »

the "shit let's not kill ourselves" factor is both a societal and biological one

societal because it hurts others and fuck hurting others especially since you can't be held responsible for it for obvious reasons
i actually respect it when people come to a conscious and well thought out decision to end their lives
biological because good ol' nature wants you to procreate and death isn't conductive to procreation very much
saying it now would make me more or less the biggest dick to wander these forums since fiveever so whoever actually thinks that would keep quiet
i'm trivializing a fuckton. you'd be better suited looking for some resources on the internet, honestly. a lot of good stuff out there

still, now is the time to tell the limits to go fuck themselves and do the things you always wanted? i mean why not

I know the reasoning.

Yeah, but I belong to the government, soo...

It also sucks watching all of your friends get married, have kids, that sort of thing, and you can't even hold down something that feels good. I have the same worries as a premenopausal woman. Oy. I don't take that to seriously, but it is annoying to watch. I'm a jealous person.

Yeah, I have present lined out for some good friends of mine. I'll see how that goes. I never really seem to get past just above apathy to often. Happy me is great, but rare.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #69038 on: January 10, 2014, 06:54:22 pm »

Is that what you did with your pile of limestone?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69039 on: January 10, 2014, 06:56:05 pm »

discussed that with the ex actually. She liked me most when I was happy, and having the support of someone really makes me pretty smitten, thus, I will never be happy around her, so she will never enjoy my company. I'm talking in absolutes, yes, but still I think all hope was already blackened in that arena anyway.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69040 on: January 10, 2014, 07:11:07 pm »

This song always comes to mind when talking about this sort of thing.

Warning: Depressing as hell.

Anyway, I'm joining in with everyone else: This world is good. Don't leave it. Everything that matters to you is in it, so keep those things close and treasure them.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Urist McOriginalname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69041 on: January 10, 2014, 07:17:43 pm »

Ironically the sad thread made me happy.
*internet hugs for everyone*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69042 on: January 10, 2014, 08:39:57 pm »

. . .I had a vivid dream like no other I had before...and it was me reaching closure with someone who had caused a lot of childhood trauma to me, and why I have some involuntary weaknesses I have today. It was a strange dream, akin to Coraline's theme (sans any button dolls or buttons in general, just the wackyness and symbolism.) and..and at the end, it was happy--we had reached closure and it was very much logical in how we approached it that I confused reality for..a long time.

I felt happy, and this should be in the happy thread but...

Reality. There is little way I can speak to him now, or ever, contact him. :/

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69043 on: January 10, 2014, 08:48:13 pm »

. . .I had a vivid dream like no other I had before...and it was me reaching closure with someone who had caused a lot of childhood trauma to me, and why I have some involuntary weaknesses I have today. It was a strange dream, akin to Coraline's theme (sans any button dolls or buttons in general, just the wackyness and symbolism.) and..and at the end, it was happy--we had reached closure and it was very much logical in how we approached it that I confused reality for..a long time.

I felt happy, and this should be in the happy thread but...

Reality. There is little way I can speak to him now, or ever, contact him. :/

Dreams are very neat like that.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69044 on: January 10, 2014, 09:40:56 pm »

You could try looking her up.
Like.
With Google.
Being creepy like that can sometimes be justified.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 4601 4602 [4603] 4604 4605 ... 8153