Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4602 4603 [4604] 4605 4606 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572910 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69045 on: January 10, 2014, 09:49:44 pm »

Broadens the mind and makes people aware of the other places they can't generally visit unless they've got a visa or passport, yeah. :)

..Though, don't give up hope Naxza. Try asking all those who you believe knew her--they probably..remember them. Cue investigative search from then on, and probable meet-up. :D

...Most people have that opportunity. I wish I had that.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #69046 on: January 10, 2014, 10:40:35 pm »

A cousin attempted suicide today. Wrists and pills. She's in the ICU now.

JUst as an update, it looks like she'll pull through.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69047 on: January 11, 2014, 01:51:38 am »

Man, now you've reminded me of the friends I had as a small child, back when I was actually able to make friends easily. (I would quite literally walk up to them and tell them to be my friend. It worked- I was friends with just about everybody) I still keep in touch with one guy, who was my best friend for years (he is now very tall, covered in tattoos and has an intense beard), but I wonder what happened to all the rest of them.

Current sad: I feel sick. At first I thought it was just my hangover making a return from earlier for some reason, but it's worse than that- been feeling really nauseous on and off for a while. Been drinking plenty of water, and I just ate some noodles and am now sitting in the bathroom to see if I keep them down.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69048 on: January 11, 2014, 02:00:24 am »

Dang it, you guys talking about your friends and all that.
I don't talk to any of my old friends, and quite frankly, I've never really wondered about them. I still don't. I'm not sure why, but I'm ok with simply not caring that much. I'm not sure whether to be happy about that fact or not.

In any case, I had a not-quite emotional breakdown again today. I don't get it. I don't have any major thing bothering me. My life is quite frankly going splendid. I just... I don't know. I keep feeling sad for no reason, and I can't explain any cause of it. And once it passes, I'm fine, and laughing like normal. It just makes no sense.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69049 on: January 11, 2014, 02:31:54 am »

In any case, I had a not-quite emotional breakdown again today. I don't get it. I don't have any major thing bothering me. My life is quite frankly going splendid. I just... I don't know. I keep feeling sad for no reason, and I can't explain any cause of it. And once it passes, I'm fine, and laughing like normal. It just makes no sense.
If this has been going on for an extended period of time, you might want to see a doctor. Minor bouts of irrational depression are normal, but not if they keep coming back.

You don't go to the doctor for a single downswing in your mood, just like you don't go for a single cough, but if it keeps happening and doesn't let up...
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69050 on: January 11, 2014, 02:33:35 am »

Always note that there's a cause for everything, and it ain't fully chemical as those chemical reactions in yer brain are triggered...

Be safe all of you.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69051 on: January 11, 2014, 02:40:17 am »

If this has been going on for an extended period of time, you might want to see a doctor. Minor bouts of irrational depression are normal, but not if they keep coming back.

You don't go to the doctor for a single downswing in your mood, just like you don't go for a single cough, but if it keeps happening and doesn't let up...
Yeah, it's been happening for a few years now, and I've been meaning to see a doctor, but I haven't been able to recently.
There are other things I need to get checked as well, that I've needed checked for a while, like my strange neck twitching, but I just haven't had the opportunity.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69052 on: January 11, 2014, 02:47:02 am »

You are possessed by demons. I give it three days before you start harvesting souls for the Dark One.

...Dang, now I feel like watching a horror film for some reason.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69053 on: January 11, 2014, 03:17:45 am »

Three days is a pretty accurate timeframe to start the harvest in when Cheese has been having this for a few years -.-
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69054 on: January 11, 2014, 03:34:03 am »

These things take time, man!
It's probably been 663 days since the first incident or something. Demons are pretty big on certain numbers. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #69055 on: January 11, 2014, 04:57:56 am »

Boyfriend and I had some issues today :/  Boyfriend is a conservative, we're talking Fox news every day, played over his speakers, streaming pretty much all day.  The minute I hear "Obama" or "health care rollout" or "Obamacare" or "the Obama administration" or whatever other buzz word Fox is using that day, I put on headphones with loud music.  Today he was showing me some story about the attorney general (not going into that, apparently it's controversial) and I sorta snapped and made a fun controversial comment about religion.  Boyfriend gets pissed (I guess he has a positive view of religion) and so we pretty much didn't talk to each other the rest of the day.

I guess what I'm getting at is... this is the umpteenth time we've run into something the two of us disagree with and in the end we more or less agree to disagree and never bring it up again.  I guess I'm also annoyed that my boyfriend pesters me with Fox news all day, and I learn to tolerate it, then the minute I bring up or say something he doesn't like, I get the silent treatment ._.  I guess this isn't a big issue, but it does get on my nerves? o_O

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69056 on: January 11, 2014, 05:01:58 am »

Ah yes, the gay conservative. A rare and unnerving paradox.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69057 on: January 11, 2014, 05:07:29 am »

I just don't know if I'm feeling worse or better. My head is going in circles, I'm getting worked up at times such that my face is tingling.

This is an awful human existence. I'm just feeling more disconnected from society everyday. My thoughts are scattered right now.

My closest friends now are the ones I play TF2 with sometimes.

On some intellectual or emotional level, it feels like I'm dying. I don't know if I'll ever escape.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69058 on: January 11, 2014, 05:29:17 am »

Ah yes, the gay conservative. A rare and unnerving paradox.

An aquaintance of mine adds a third string to the bow of juxtaposition: as well as being gay and conservative, he is also a catholic. Somewhat ironically he lectures in Divinity.
This is a blank sig.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69059 on: January 11, 2014, 07:04:38 am »

Wanted: One (1) friend with good taste in music to party with me so I don't look like an awkward weirdo (which I am).
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 4602 4603 [4604] 4605 4606 ... 8156