Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4607 4608 [4609] 4610 4611 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8569945 times)

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69120 on: January 13, 2014, 05:56:19 pm »

That's messed up.  They hire you for one thing, put you to work on another thing that you don't do, you're the only one working for a week, then they say that they don't need you?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #69121 on: January 13, 2014, 06:05:15 pm »

T

Light the beacons! LordSlowpoke has used a Capital Letter!

i do sometimes
Also he needed to type the " and ? symbols. I don't use shift when typing quickly in a live chat like in an online game, is that where you got the habit?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69122 on: January 13, 2014, 06:16:04 pm »

That's messed up.  They hire you for one thing, put you to work on another thing that you don't do, you're the only one working for a week, then they say that they don't need you?

They hired me for a 6-month period, have been giving me basically zero guidance for the past month and a half (during which I have studied 100+ companies, put together a database, done statistical analyses, and written what would in academia qualify as a 40-page term paper; I am also far, far more of an expert on the subject than they are), and now I have 20 hours of work/cleanup I get to do before I need to be out of there.  And if it were up to them, they'd be rid of me sooner.  They apparently don't have enough work for the other people working there, so they need me gone ASAP to protect them.

I was hired as a 6-month intern during a peak period.  They had me help finish one project, and then put me on another one.  I am pretty sure my immediate manager did not know I was going to be dismissed.

Well, anyway.  No use crying over spilled mental health.  I need to get me a new job.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #69123 on: January 13, 2014, 06:26:31 pm »

LordSlowpoke, come join us in IRC. it's the best place for mindless chatter, and you don't even have to join a new community.
IRC?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69124 on: January 13, 2014, 06:29:31 pm »

LordSlowpoke, come join us in IRC. it's the best place for mindless chatter, and you don't even have to join a new community.
IRC?
Internet Relay Chat
It's about as simple as you can get in terms of lots of people talking via the internet Pan-Global Hyper WAN Connection.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #69125 on: January 13, 2014, 06:32:06 pm »

IRC?
Internet Relay Chat
It's about as simple as you can get in terms of lots of people talking via the internet Pan-Global Hyper WAN Connection.
Sounds fun. How to?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69126 on: January 13, 2014, 06:34:12 pm »

http://www.darkmyst.org/?page=webchat

Put a nickname in the nickname field, put #bay12lb in the channel field.

This is the easiest way to get started. If you want to stay, you may want to get a dedicated client, though.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69127 on: January 14, 2014, 04:53:58 am »

Urgh, I feel like shit.
I was far, far too sleep deprived today; bumbled around like a complete moron, staring vacantly about with Trevor Reznik eyes. Mistakenly thought I recognized people a couple of times, too, which was weird. I wish I could get to sleep more easily.
To make matters worse, I ate way too much rubbishy food as well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #69128 on: January 14, 2014, 05:05:36 am »

blub

will to do maths (probability this time) = 0. But not doing it spells doom for my grades.

Also having done nothing much over the past 13 days is weighing on me. My current feeling can be summed up as blub

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69129 on: January 14, 2014, 05:44:51 am »

blub
      words                                            Words
                                                                                                    secret
~Whisper*                      silence

You do good maths. >_>
Just needs self-management (ie Time management, but we all have the same 24 hours so self-management :v).
Focus~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69130 on: January 14, 2014, 12:02:09 pm »

Trying to find an old GD thread about time traveling back to the early 90's, but I don't remember enough of any post to get a decent search.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #69131 on: January 14, 2014, 12:04:26 pm »

Trying to find an old GD thread about time traveling back to the early 90's, but I don't remember enough of any post to get a decent search.
Not old, but maybe what you are looking for.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69132 on: January 14, 2014, 12:18:26 pm »

It's exactly what I'm looking for, and it's the better part of a year old, which is old for the internet.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #69133 on: January 14, 2014, 01:20:53 pm »

Heh, I remembered only few words from one post, but "bay12 "time travel" "theoretical physicist"" was a good enough for Google.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69134 on: January 14, 2014, 04:08:00 pm »

Exam results came out   :(
In all things you were. In nothing you become.
Pages: 1 ... 4607 4608 [4609] 4610 4611 ... 8156