Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4637 4638 [4639] 4640 4641 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578088 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69570 on: January 28, 2014, 03:45:31 pm »

Start putting up posters on campus, threatening to find their homes and shit in their spleens if they don't cooperate in the future.

If anyone asks, it's an economic experiment to better understand non-traditional bargaining behaviours in illegal transactions.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #69571 on: January 28, 2014, 06:55:57 pm »

I can't.
It just means you don't have very womanly hips like I do :3
I like my man hips.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69572 on: January 28, 2014, 07:18:21 pm »

I can't.
It just means you don't have very womanly hips like I do :3
I like my man hips.

This. My hips are very slender compared to my shoulders, which pleases me for whatever reason. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69573 on: January 28, 2014, 09:04:56 pm »

Indeed. I'm going to pretend I can't do it because of my manly triangular physique.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69574 on: January 28, 2014, 09:23:30 pm »

Bleh, I wonder if its my metabolism or not but I'm always underweight. Even given physical exercise, I look like a stick :V I think the proper term was waifish? Hmm.

Sads: I've classmates who...take education for granted: Mostly always moving for bonus questions if there are any corrections during an oral quiz, making side commentaries on any mistake pointed towards other students..and always moving to adjourn when early dismissal is proposed by the teacher.
:/
Mhh.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69575 on: January 28, 2014, 09:27:49 pm »

I think points 2 and 3 are taking education for granted, but 1 seems to be indicative of those overachieving-type people.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69576 on: January 28, 2014, 09:37:31 pm »

I am on a race against time.

Tomorrow evening, Donner Pass (the only real truck route into California that wouldn't require tacking on a few hundred extra miles) is forecast to get hit with a nasty snow storm. Like, whole feet of snow on the ground. Chains or no chains, if I don't get through the Pass before the storm hits I will likely have to stop and wait for conditions to improve.

Between me and the Pass is a few hundred miles of mountainous Nevada terrain. I will have to gun it at maximum speed as much as possible, not stopping for anything and squeezing every available second into covering distance.

It's going to be a long, stressful day. Damn delays. Damn weather. Why can't it stay clear just one more day?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69577 on: January 28, 2014, 09:39:22 pm »

Bleh, I wonder if its my metabolism or not but I'm always underweight. Even given physical exercise, I look like a stick :V I think the proper term was waifish? Hmm.
Are you female me?
*high-five you!*
:P

I think points 2 and 3 are taking education for granted, but 1 seems to be indicative of those overachieving-type people.
It's just...sad. I mean, its in the attitude. The person in question do not even seem open to learning and view it as a chore. >_<

Tomorrow evening, Donner Pass (the only real truck route into California that wouldn't require tacking on a few hundred extra miles) is forecast to get hit with a nasty snow storm. Like, whole feet of snow on the ground. Chains or no chains, if I don't get through the Pass before the storm hits I will likely have to stop and wait for conditions to improve.

Between me and the Pass is a few hundred miles of mountainous Nevada terrain. I will have to gun it at maximum speed as much as possible, not stopping for anything and squeezing every available second into covering distance.

It's going to be a long, stressful day. Damn delays. Damn weather. Why can't it stay clear just one more day?
Our wishes sail in the wind with you. Be safe in your travels!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #69578 on: January 28, 2014, 10:00:42 pm »

Don't get eated by cannibals. :I

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69579 on: January 28, 2014, 10:29:40 pm »

Thanks for the well-wishes. In order to succeed, three things will need to go perfectly:
1: Minimal hills between here and Reno. Donner Pass itself will unavoidably suck, but the fewer hills en route, and the gentler they are, the better. I'm hauling 42k pounds - any decent incline will slow me down. My truck is new and fairly powerful, but I can expect to be going at half-speed at most up anything steep.
2: No delays. No construction, no wrecks, no traffic. No restroom breaks, no naps, no feeling sick.
3: No ice on the road. Ice will force me to slow down, and I can't afford that. Thankfully temperatures are supposed to be pretty mild overnight.

Once I get over the pass and into California I'm pretty much home free. It's the first three-quarters of the trip which will probably raise my blood pressure more than is healthy :p
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #69580 on: January 28, 2014, 10:37:54 pm »

Good luck, doodabuddy.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69581 on: January 28, 2014, 10:51:20 pm »

I have a project due soon that I neglected to start working on a couple weeks ago.

The (kinda?) sad part is I promised myself I wouldn't do this again.
(I sort of do this a lot.)
Black lives matter.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69582 on: January 28, 2014, 10:57:33 pm »

stop and wait for conditions to improve.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69583 on: January 28, 2014, 11:02:21 pm »

Game?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69584 on: January 28, 2014, 11:14:05 pm »

Game?
The Oregon Trail, I would assume. Or the sequel.
Pages: 1 ... 4637 4638 [4639] 4640 4641 ... 8156