Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4645 4646 [4647] 4648 4649 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8580728 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69690 on: February 01, 2014, 03:07:42 am »

You fool! You missed Subparagraph(xxvi), Paragraph(c), Subsection(MM), Section(ZZZZY), Chapter(20), which states that LordSlowpoke is under no obligation to make you into a magical girl! You basically sold your soul for nothing!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69691 on: February 01, 2014, 03:19:42 am »

But the fine fine fine print basically said that all I gotta do is hug him.

So I basically hugged him for nothing.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #69692 on: February 01, 2014, 04:06:12 am »

I really need to write about my coding projects to help it be more legible to any possible future college admissions officers.

Yet laziness strikes, and strikes hard!

Also, school starts Monday.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69693 on: February 01, 2014, 04:08:05 am »

I know how you feel. I need to flesh out my application essay and send it in in 4 days, and I'm also a day behind on my math. >_>
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69694 on: February 01, 2014, 04:18:39 am »

I'm probably going to end up going, but I'm not sure if I'll have a date. I'm a bit shy myself, at least when it comes to anything involving dates. Plus a total lack of people who I'm interested in who are interested in people of my gender.
I personally would take a girl anyway, just because they look pretty for the photos.
No issues with asking a friend in my opinion, just as long as they won't end up as beards.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69695 on: February 01, 2014, 08:37:29 am »

New month is here. Which means a whole new one gigabyte of bandwidth is there for me to use. I can also play all the online games!!!

Except not, because pretty much all of them have some sort of bigass patch that's going to eat up most of the bandwidth I have :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69696 on: February 01, 2014, 09:06:39 am »

but then i'll never be able to go to a prom because no one will ask me

I'm glad that for our high school prom we didn't need to worry about that kind of thing. We only "took" someone to the prom if we really wanted to, most didn't. I just sat around drinking neat whisky in my kilt and brooding.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69697 on: February 01, 2014, 11:34:39 am »

what there's no fine print in my contract no siree what could possibly make you think otherwise what am i an evil soul collecting wizard HAHA FROM WHERE DID YOU GET THE IDEA i'm totally not an evil soul collecting wizard. promise. if you looked a few fineness levels further you'd notice i now have the right to summon you for hugs all i want, also a few other things so mission accomplished

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69698 on: February 01, 2014, 12:34:02 pm »

Write some romantic poetry and give it to her in a nice envelope.
Not really sure if our relationship is at the point at which that sort of thing is appropriate - I suppose it is if I feel I can give her flowers and chocolates without worry, though. Add the fact that I'm probably a lousy poet as well. And there's the issue of actually giving it to her, since encountering her in person is(once again, ironically enough) the issue.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69699 on: February 01, 2014, 01:31:54 pm »

Write some romantic poetry and give it to her in a nice envelope.
Not really sure if our relationship is at the point at which that sort of thing is appropriate - I suppose it is if I feel I can give her flowers and chocolates without worry, though. Add the fact that I'm probably a lousy poet as well. And there's the issue of actually giving it to her, since encountering her in person is(once again, ironically enough) the issue.

I feel like chocolate, flowers, and romantic poetry are all on the same level--I've never received any, though, so I wouldn't necessarily know.

You seriously can't just give her a sealed envelope in front of her parents?  She doesn't have to read it or anything.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #69700 on: February 01, 2014, 02:39:23 pm »

what there's no fine print in my contract no siree what could possibly make you think otherwise what am i an evil soul collecting wizard HAHA FROM WHERE DID YOU GET THE IDEA i'm totally not an evil soul collecting wizard. promise. if you looked a few fineness levels further you'd notice i now have the right to summon you for hugs all i want, also a few other things so mission accomplished
Being from New York and spending a large amount of time near Wall Street, I know a bit about selling your soul. Without having reviewed the contract, it looks soul-binding; it depends on whether your favors granted by him include an immortal aspect, which would grant you his soul either in part or in whole.

I take a 5% soul fee, plus an additional 1% for taxes. Only if you win though.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69701 on: February 01, 2014, 02:40:08 pm »

To me, a relationship is nothing if you can't poke fun at it.

So I would LOVE to get crappy, badly written poetry, as long as the guy knows it's badly written and is doing it for an affectionate lark.

Otherwise I just feel a little uneasy. "O-oh... th... thaanks? Uhm... It's... lovely..."

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #69702 on: February 01, 2014, 09:33:29 pm »

http://www.scp-wiki.net/quiet-days

AAAARGH! THE MASS LOSS OF MURDEROUS ANOMALIES HAS NEVER BEEN SO DEPRESSING!
From the comments, regarding a brief derail involving Santa and his potential loss of powers:
The Foundation gets 500 tonnes of coal every year. They use it to power their facilities, because it's free.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:00:02 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #69703 on: February 01, 2014, 10:15:07 pm »

"O-oh... th... thaanks? Uhm... It's... lovely..."

I mentally added tildes to the end of that, and read it in the voice of an overly kawaii anime girl (who may or may not be magical) who's adorkably awkward about her relationship and causes unintentional hilarity and drama as a result of her awkward adorkableness.

Confound it internet, what have you done to me.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69704 on: February 01, 2014, 10:56:30 pm »

All I've taken from it are questions and an uneasy headache.
A headache after some hefty introspection is actually a good thing. Means you're thinking hard and fighting those cognitive dissonances.

It takes a long time for someone to truly know themself. I find out new things about me all the time still.

Anyway, just observe yourself and think. Eventually the clouds will clear and things will be easier.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 4645 4646 [4647] 4648 4649 ... 8156