Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4648 4649 [4650] 4651 4652 ... 7781

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 4759508 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69735 on: February 18, 2014, 11:36:37 am »

Yeah, it sucked when I had it. Ah well. Soon enough you'll graduate and you'll never have to do it again.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69736 on: February 18, 2014, 11:38:06 am »

When they actually do the E part of PE, it can be sometimes useful. Knowing how to exercise can be quite valuable as you get older.

Most of the time PE is just excuses to get you to run around "like children should."
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69737 on: February 18, 2014, 12:04:29 pm »

Today was terrible.
I hate PE.

My every memory of PE is me writhing on the ground, mid-asthma attack, both suffocating and on the verge of puking my guts out.

It was the misery cherry on the top of the shit sundae that was my HS experience.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69738 on: February 18, 2014, 12:17:35 pm »

Yeah, it sucked when I had it. Ah well. Soon enough you'll graduate and you'll never have to do it again.
Unless you join the military.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #69739 on: February 18, 2014, 12:33:46 pm »

I actually quite enjoyed PE at school. Unless it was swimming, or football (soccer).

When it got to the point that there were separate classes for those actually studying PE, as opposed to just running around, it got better though. Just playing a game of basketball for an hour with my friends once a week in the middle of school was highly entertaining.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69740 on: February 18, 2014, 12:34:30 pm »

Boyfriend left me because 'I was more serious about the relationship than he was'. He says he's looking for something serious when we started going out, but when it came down to it he just wasn't. Fantastic.

At least he didn't string me along like the last one. Last one I had to call out because he kept cancelling, rescheduling, etc. He was straight up using me til I called him out on it.

I seriously need to take a break from dating. :'(

That sucks, Fool. My sympathies.

Keep trying I guess. I'm lucky enough to be in quite a stable relationship, even if it is currently long-distance.

Though with these things I think an early break is better than letting things drag on. People do change their minds or find they want something other than what they thought. Doesn't make it suck any less, but...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69741 on: February 18, 2014, 12:40:38 pm »

Ah well. Soon enough you'll graduate and you'll never have to do it again.
Then, you'll have to pay a monthly fee to do exercise in a gym.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69742 on: February 18, 2014, 12:46:54 pm »

You can even pay taxes to let other people do PE, in fact.

---

I'm tempted to make an exercise thread. You do boxing, isn't it, MZ? Or some kind of martial art. I do shotokan karate. I wonder what other people do?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #69743 on: February 18, 2014, 12:54:30 pm »

... I've, it's definitely an aside, but I've long wondered, Gig: Do you folks catch much flak because of the name? I mean, it's like two letters off and the pronunciation near identical...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69744 on: February 18, 2014, 12:57:47 pm »

It's normally not that bad, but shit has just been building up today. Being forced to play a sport you're terrible at and unmotivated to do when you're already frustrated just builds up extra frustration.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69745 on: February 18, 2014, 01:34:11 pm »

You can even pay taxes to let other people do PE, in fact.

---

I'm tempted to make an exercise thread. You do boxing, isn't it, MZ? Or some kind of martial art. I do shotokan karate. I wonder what other people do?
Ninjutsu (2nd degree black belt,) Savate (Yellow glove instructor), and Muay Thai (instructor). I've dabbled in lots of other martial arts, too. I did a year of kendo and iaido, wushu gong qui, and tiger kung fu. I want to get into hapkido or taekwondo, and I've never done karate, which I should probably rectify at some point.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69746 on: February 18, 2014, 01:44:45 pm »

I've wanted to do parkour and naginata for a while.  I have a few years of kendo.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69747 on: February 18, 2014, 01:52:51 pm »

I've wanted to do parkour and naginata for a while.  I have a few years of kendo.

I weigh the risks and I'd rather go down the stairs than jump out of a second story window. >.>

(But seriously, I would be too afraid of hurting myself if I were to do something like parkour.)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69748 on: February 18, 2014, 01:57:49 pm »

... I've, it's definitely an aside, but I've long wondered, Gig: Do you folks catch much flak because of the name? I mean, it's like two letters off and the pronunciation near identical...

Read my sig, and know the answer. Most people misspell it, but I don't really mind. People who know my real name always seem to call me something else as well.

So really there's no change.

Parkour looks fun as hell, but I'm really inflexible so I'm bad at rolling to break impacts, and I need to do more running to boost cardiovascular.

MZ: ...that's a lot of things, even if i've never heard of half of them. Kendo also sounds like something I'd like to try, but there's nothing like it nearby.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69749 on: February 18, 2014, 02:04:08 pm »

I kinda stopped martial arts after a) school-powered depression hit me hard, and b) nearly broke my ribs doing a simple roll when I tried to get back into it.

Used to love it though :<
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4648 4649 [4650] 4651 4652 ... 7781