Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4649 4650 [4651] 4652 4653 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8551039 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69750 on: February 03, 2014, 11:21:14 pm »

Exhausted and heartsick.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #69751 on: February 04, 2014, 12:50:58 am »

I don't know why I'm so tired and I don't know if I can handle being alone much longer. I'm spending less time feeling free and more time feeling lonely. I just know I definitely can't handle the alternative - even if I knew how to make it happen in a non-creepy way. Blech.

EDIT: Ech, maybe I'm just being angsty. I dunno.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:31:03 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69752 on: February 04, 2014, 02:11:52 am »

Awake when I don't want to be. Slept about an hour until woken feeling too warm and couldn't get back to sleep. After laying awake for three hours decided to get up and watch cartoons or something before trying again.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69753 on: February 04, 2014, 03:52:53 am »

My eyes burn, but I must read.

Is it rage or sadness I feel? Having long sought a work which thoroughly sated me, yet once found the nature of my body being unable to process it whole?

Seriously though, I'm steaming the room now. Fucking winter and its dryness.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69754 on: February 04, 2014, 04:29:44 am »

I lost my copy of the dwarf fortress matrix tileset and the link in the thread is broken... :'( I don't think I can ever play again without an incomprehensible tileset!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69755 on: February 04, 2014, 04:38:45 am »

Then why not make one yourself?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69756 on: February 04, 2014, 04:44:12 am »

You don't understand! I spend ages figuring out that one... And it was so beautiful, to me. Can't you see?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69757 on: February 04, 2014, 04:48:24 am »

True believers use Ascii
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69758 on: February 04, 2014, 04:50:10 am »

Dude, look, no. Trust me, you don't even know. This is like, beyond the ascii tileset... Here, check out the remaining screenshots.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69759 on: February 04, 2014, 05:05:12 am »

... My god.
It's full of stars.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #69760 on: February 04, 2014, 05:05:45 am »

That's actually kinda cool in a weird alien way. I'd totally use that if I got back to the game, well assuming someone archived it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69761 on: February 04, 2014, 05:10:40 am »

It has been my tileset of choice since 2011 and I honestly think it improves the game a lot. It makes things less graphically comprehensible, so you need to stop and read a lot more, and that really brings out one of Dwarf Fortresses greatest strengths, its detailed written descriptions. When you can just look at things and know what you are doing the game looses some charm compared to spending a long time just looking at things, reading, learning.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69762 on: February 04, 2014, 05:11:55 am »

Looks like I'm adding another keyboard to the graveyard. I was making a post when suddenly my keyboard started to act as if I had the control key held down, and pressing both control keys didn't "unstick" them. I tried to restart my computer to fix the problem, but now none of the keys work except M, space bar, caps lock, and backspace, with M being enter and backspace being a letter. I can't log into my own computer, because it thinks I'm still holding control, even if the keyboard isn't plugged in, meaning I can't go into ease of access and turn on the on-screen keyboard.
I've only had this keyboard for less than 3 months. Ever since I left my parents' place I've been cursed with crappy keyboards. When will it end?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69763 on: February 04, 2014, 05:13:51 am »

If you are going to throw it out anyway you might as well grab a screwdriver and see if you can open it up and fix the problem... Keys sometimes get stuck, but cleaning out the insides can save you a keyboard.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #69764 on: February 04, 2014, 05:16:40 am »

If your keys are hitting the wrong switches when you press them. Like described...

but now none of the keys work except M, space bar, caps lock, and backspace, with M being enter and backspace being a letter

Then usually the PCB is damaged. And there's very, very little you can do outside of salvage the electronic switches under the keys, the keys themselves and the cord.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 4649 4650 [4651] 4652 4653 ... 8155