Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4649 4650 [4651] 4652 4653 ... 7785

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 4766525 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69750 on: February 18, 2014, 02:19:34 pm »

I don't do any martial arts because I'm too wimpy, and I don't really intend to change that.
My best friend does (aikido, iirc) jujutsu, and that's scary. Dem pressure points, man.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69751 on: February 18, 2014, 02:24:16 pm »

Then do martial arts and unwimpify yourself.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69752 on: February 18, 2014, 02:27:19 pm »

Then do martial arts and unwimpify yourself.
+1. But whatever you do practice with caution, I busted my knee when I didn't.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You wonít have to think anymore: itíll be just like having fun!

Blaze_1711

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69753 on: February 18, 2014, 02:43:04 pm »

If you have a good knowledge of human anatomy, you don't need to know anything about martial arts, trust me, it's true.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69754 on: February 18, 2014, 03:06:29 pm »

Martial arts is using human anatomy against human anatomy, without damaging human anatomy of your choice.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

Blaze_1711

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69755 on: February 18, 2014, 03:39:02 pm »

I thought martial arts were the use of techniques to incapacitate a possible agressor while retaining your own physical integrity.

The knowledge of human anatomy teached in martial arts is very vague, like: "Apply pressure to this, and this will break" or "Punch this". But if you know human anatomy you can inflict real pain, leave your opponent permanently incapacitated and even make use of psychology to intimidate him.

Also, two things that stops any man, be him Chuck Norris or a Mr.T.: Bullets and blades. Get close enough without being seen and you don't need to know martial arts/human anatomy.

But men weren't made to fight/kill, we don't have good teeth, we don't have claws, we don't have horns, and we don't have a reliable hide. Yet we do have a brain, so we can use it for diplomacy.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69756 on: February 18, 2014, 04:00:55 pm »

I thought martial arts were the use of techniques to incapacitate a possible agressor while retaining your own physical integrity.
Like I said, using human anatomy against human anatomy, without damaging human anatomy of your choice.

The knowledge of human anatomy teached in martial arts is very vague, like: "Apply pressure to this, and this will break" or "Punch this".
Only if you have shitty instructors. We went trough basic muscle groups and how they affect your movement, as well as where you need to focus your workout to get best results. Going over how your moves affect the other guy was just as important as how you should perform it.

Also, two things that stops any man, be him Chuck Norris or a Mr.T.: Bullets and blades. Get close enough without being seen and you don't need to know martial arts/human anatomy.
Not only is this illegal in most civilized countries, it's not manly enough.

But men weren't made to fight/kill, we don't have good teeth, we don't have claws, we don't have horns, and we don't have a reliable hide. Yet we do have a brain, so we can use it for diplomacy.
You'd be surprised what human body can do. Three year old kids have leg strenght to kick adults face bones in, keep that in mind when you change diapers...

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #69757 on: February 18, 2014, 04:04:46 pm »

The knowledge of human anatomy teached in martial arts is very vague, like: "Apply pressure to this, and this will break" or "Punch this". But if you know human anatomy you can inflict real pain, leave your opponent permanently incapacitated and even make use of psychology to intimidate him.

You don't seem to have much experience with the arts. I still know every weak point I can get to. Martial arts isn't your hollywood version, either. Krav Maga isn't some little 'punch here to win' strategy, I will tell you that right now.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:09:45 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #69758 on: February 18, 2014, 04:11:05 pm »

Bullets, perhaps. Blades can be defended against whilst unarmed. Especially if they don't know how to use said blade properly - it actually becomes a disadvantage against an unarmed opponent who really knows what they're doing. The same goes for guns at close range, though at long I admit they tend to win.

We are made to fight - just not in the same way as most creatures - for example, we have a much greater range of flexibility, as well as the ability to grab and lock far more effectively. A well placed elbow can shatter the skull, so yeah.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69759 on: February 18, 2014, 04:49:54 pm »

The idea that humasn are not designed to kill is quite amusing. Brains, opposable thumbs, our ability to jog for long distances - all help us catch and kill prey. A man can easily kill another with his bare hands - he can strangle, he can snap the neck, beat him to death with kicks and punches. That's not even using tools, something we've evolved for. Why would we need claws to interfere with a grip when our ancestors could use a spear instead, something much better?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #69760 on: February 18, 2014, 04:54:21 pm »

Internet Tough Guy warning.
Love, scriver~

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69761 on: February 18, 2014, 05:03:18 pm »

In few posts time, this thread will turn into HFY thread...

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #69762 on: February 18, 2014, 05:05:01 pm »

Guys, come on, this is getting silly. :<
Can a compromise be reached if we say "Human body is not designed to kill quickly compared to sharp claws&teeth armed wildlife predators"?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69763 on: February 18, 2014, 05:11:50 pm »

There's a martial arts with a type of punch designed to kill a bison instantly.
Almost there...

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #69764 on: February 18, 2014, 05:13:39 pm »

Ok, let me paraphrase that: "Human lacks innate ability, both physical and mental, to bring down the prey bare-handed in efficient way like wildlife pradators do."
Better? :P
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 4649 4650 [4651] 4652 4653 ... 7785