Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4650 4651 [4652] 4653 4654 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8571852 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69765 on: February 04, 2014, 05:30:43 am »

Looks like I'm adding another keyboard to the graveyard. I was making a post when suddenly my keyboard started to act as if I had the control key held down, and pressing both control keys didn't "unstick" them. I tried to restart my computer to fix the problem, but now none of the keys work except M, space bar, caps lock, and backspace, with M being enter and backspace being a letter. I can't log into my own computer, because it thinks I'm still holding control, even if the keyboard isn't plugged in, meaning I can't go into ease of access and turn on the on-screen keyboard.
I've only had this keyboard for less than 3 months. Ever since I left my parents' place I've been cursed with crappy keyboards. When will it end?
My keyboard does this, but fortunately it is fixed by unplugging-replugging it and then hitting that corresponding key.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69766 on: February 04, 2014, 05:54:27 am »

And my bandwidth for the month is up. Took me 4 days to burn trough the one gig. Oh well, I should be heading home by the end of the week and that means limitless internet MUAHAHAHAHHA!!!

DOWNLOAD ALL THE THINGS!!!!!! (soon)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69767 on: February 04, 2014, 07:54:00 am »

Was playing a bunch of Dungeon Robber (Darn you, Aqizzar), and came back to it and lost all my progress... Sad.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69768 on: February 04, 2014, 08:03:54 am »

Oh my god.

Just oh my fucking god.

I wait all week just cause I want to play some TF2 or whatever with my friends. I get interrupted when I need to take my sister to school. I then need to go out and buy some kerosene to power a large space heater we have, because our furnace just now suddenly decides to break. I have to drive to a far out one to get the kerosene, I get it, then drive back, and somehow, someway, it's tipped over in my car and spilt maybe almost a gallon all over the back seat.

I'm just pissed. I don't even know how smelly this shit is gonna be, I don't even know if it's DANGEROUS, just that it pisses me off.

And I don't get to play with my friends nearly as long as I'd like.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69769 on: February 04, 2014, 08:06:28 am »

The good news- It evaporates quickly, so that's nice.
The bad news- the smell will take a lot of effort before it goes away. If it ever does.

Also try not to leave your car closed up and in the sun, although that's down to common sense.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:08:48 am by Tack »

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69770 on: February 04, 2014, 08:48:11 am »

I have to take my driver's license test tomorrow.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #69771 on: February 04, 2014, 08:51:48 am »

AGHRGRHAGH!

I took the damn thing twice, paying for both the theoretical and practical exam. Both times I failed because I've been short a miniscule amount of points (3 the first, 2 the second time - meaning literally one question).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69772 on: February 04, 2014, 10:18:14 am »

Good luck. Remember: you want the highest score possible - extra points for hitting elderly and children.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69773 on: February 04, 2014, 10:25:38 am »

Play some Carmageddon to get you in the mood.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69774 on: February 04, 2014, 01:15:56 pm »

Despite this:
Today was a rather good day. It was "global day" at school, which basically means that we got some exotic workshops and some explanation about charities and so. Also there were noodles and stuff and an African band (although I didn't actually see them properly) in the lunch break. I'm in the student council so I got to help out with guiding the people who were doing the workshops to their rooms because they obviously don't know where they are, and I spent an hour shoveling noodles into cups (which wasn't that bad). We also got one room for ourselves and there was chips and candy and drinks and we filled the blackboard up entirely (one guy even made an awesome drawing from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.)
I'm actually feeling fairly shitty. Can't stop thinking about her, even though there's no reason it happens today instead and not other days... (the particularily shitty feeling)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:16:20 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #69775 on: February 04, 2014, 02:09:42 pm »

I have a Chemistry exam on Friday, and I cannot study that shit. I am physically unable to do that. There is a ton of stuff that I could find interesting otherwise, but my lecturer has a superpower that allows him to suck away all the possible excitement someone could muster about the subjects to fuel his unholy existence.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #69776 on: February 04, 2014, 02:36:32 pm »

I have a Chemistry exam on Friday, and I cannot study that shit. I am physically unable to do that. There is a ton of stuff that I could find interesting otherwise, but my lecturer has a superpower that allows him to suck away all the possible excitement someone could muster about the subjects to fuel his unholy existence.
Scrdest, that's this amazing thing known as the education system.

Nah, I had other courses that weren't utter shite. I loved Genetics (although I probably didn't do as well as I expected to on the exam yesterday), and Organic Chemistry was, at least partially, OK.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69777 on: February 04, 2014, 02:37:39 pm »

You get more points the faster you drive, right?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #69778 on: February 04, 2014, 03:44:00 pm »

Yeah you don't want to drive too slow and cause an accident.

On my practical driving test I actually got marked down for stopping at sleepy residential intersections I didn't need to stop at. You're just supposed to slow down and keep a sharp eye, I guess.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69779 on: February 04, 2014, 03:48:09 pm »

As far as driving tests go, follow the law to the letter even if it doesn't make sense.

As far as actual safety goes, your biggest danger generally isn't how you drive*, it's usually how the rare incredibly crazy driver coming at you drives. Defensive driving is what will keep you safe, and that involves being paranoid about every turn, lane change, merge, and intersection. Watch those blind spots like a hawk and always look around corners.

*exception: Drowsiness, being high, distractions, etc. Anything that takes your attention away from the road is what you should avoid to make sure you're not the rare incredibly crazy driver coming at someone else.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 4650 4651 [4652] 4653 4654 ... 8156