Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4653 4654 [4655] 4656 4657 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472135 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69810 on: February 05, 2014, 01:44:49 am »

You can healthily treat the sexual attraction you feel as a small part of the person. You can still see them as a human being and not a hole to stick your penis in whilst experiencing sexual attraction. It's a matter of respect, of being a decent fucking human being, that so many people are lacking and that society raises people to not have. It's something we should call bullshit on loudly and not stop shouting at until it goes away.

Also, just gonna leave this here.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:50:03 am by MorleyDev »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69811 on: February 05, 2014, 01:49:03 am »

whoa did i just get myself in a lot of shit. should've seen it coming

yeah i've never had a honest conversation about things but for a honest conversation you need somebody to be honest with and that's not happening here or anywhere else because "nuuuu my image could be hurt by this"

that or i don't know what honest conversations even are, both versions are plausible

so seeing that every single time i hit preview the red box pops up, if you want to keep piling on the shit i leave you open my inbox let's not butcher this thread any more than needed

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #69812 on: February 05, 2014, 01:50:12 am »

I'll add sex to the list of things I don't want to talk to humans about.
By now the damn thing's longer than the internet.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69813 on: February 05, 2014, 01:51:55 am »

O_o

Actually we sorta sensed a tiny point there and worked a way with it for mutuality.

SO. Back to the point at hand because photoshopping someone's face on somewhere else which carries far worse connotations than the picture itself makes people sad.

And shows blatant disrespect and/or ignorance towards the consequences.

PPE: It's subjective. :P

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #69814 on: February 05, 2014, 01:55:15 am »

Thing is, yes you have a right to honestly express your opinion. But people also have the right to honestly disagree, express that disagreement, and yes even look down on you for your opinion. That's how this whole exchange of ideas and freedom of speech thing works.

The whole sexual objectification thing in society does make me sad. And a little angry, which I think is the correct response.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:58:06 am by MorleyDev »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #69815 on: February 05, 2014, 02:26:26 am »

whoa did i just get myself in a lot of shit. should've seen it coming

yeah i've never had a honest conversation about things but for a honest conversation you need somebody to be honest with and that's not happening here or anywhere else because "nuuuu my image could be hurt by this"

that or i don't know what honest conversations even are, both versions are plausible

so seeing that every single time i hit preview the red box pops up, if you want to keep piling on the shit i leave you open my inbox let's not butcher this thread any more than needed

I don't disagree with what I wrote before, but context allowing I could have sent that message to like 40% of the internet going population (to pull a number out of my ass) and feet justified.  So I guess in a way it was too harsh, because your viewpoint is common.

As to the "honestly participating" bit, the implication was that it was already explained to you and you ignored it so you wouldn't listen a second time.  Also too harsh, because that one applies to like 80% of the population of the internet that engages in arguments.  Or possibly most of humanity internet or not.  I lack distance to say but it could very easily apply to me.

I was guessing you'd been in a similar argument before because this forum is filled with both feminists and gamer so these sorts of media/gender arguments break out semi-regularly.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69816 on: February 05, 2014, 02:41:42 am »

The ending to Rosario + Vampire.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Spoiler'd
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 02:48:23 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #69817 on: February 05, 2014, 02:44:31 am »

I barely know what that is but its still running so you might want to use spoiler tags for what they are intended for
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69818 on: February 05, 2014, 02:44:40 am »

I don't doubt it, but I can also guarantee the vast majority are men.
While I can't say it doesn't happen to guys, (I found similar images of PewDiePie. *gags*) The majority of female gamers still to this day get sexualized and harrassed, despite them making up almost half of the gaming population. It really makes me sick that this happens and has been happening for decades.

almost half of the gaming population

I am openly chauvinistic, so I am not ashamed to scoff at this.
*chuckle*
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69819 on: February 05, 2014, 02:47:52 am »

I barely know what that is but its still running so you might want to use spoiler tags for what they are intended for

Nope, its over. I am like super mad and sad right now.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69820 on: February 05, 2014, 02:49:20 am »

I don't doubt it, but I can also guarantee the vast majority are men.
While I can't say it doesn't happen to guys, (I found similar images of PewDiePie. *gags*) The majority of female gamers still to this day get sexualized and harrassed, despite them making up almost half of the gaming population. It really makes me sick that this happens and has been happening for decades.

I am openly chauvinistic, so I am not ashamed to scoff at this.
*chuckle*
It seems odd to immediately dismiss a fact. In my opinion, it depends on what you consider a member of the "gaming population" to be.

Is somebody who plays Candy Crush on their phone a member of the gaming population?

Also, I have no idea what the actual statistics are.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69821 on: February 05, 2014, 02:58:56 am »

Yeah, whats a gamer by definition? If you just mean they casually play games, then sure, the female/male ratios about 40/60 (go IOS)
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69822 on: February 05, 2014, 03:19:25 am »

Heh. Funny story on that, the makers of Modern Warfare said that 'CoD players aren't real gamers' in an interview.

There was a little bit of backlash on that.

But yes, I would rate a gamer on the level that we seem to be putting Dodger on, who reviews all sorts.
Mainly- to know the difference between an RTS, FPS, MOBA, MMO, etc, and play more than one. You may only like shooters, but at least have played multiple different shooters. Ergo, she plays mutiple game styles and multiple games from each - I'd rate that as a hardcore gamer.
Which ruins some of the idea, because The Sims doesn't really have any other games in that style, and it's pretty popular.
(And phone games for me do not count.)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #69823 on: February 05, 2014, 03:27:00 am »

Half of the gaming population are assholes.

There is one thing that can be done about it, namely:

1) Get rid of internet anonymity;
2) Find out where people who do that live;
3) Organize transportation;
4) Apply kinetic energy to the offending person's cranium;
5) Be fucked over by the lack of internet anonymity in some unrelated way.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69824 on: February 05, 2014, 03:38:29 am »

OH SON OF A BITCH I HATE YOU SO MUCH WHATEVER CREATED THE UNIVERSE
The ending to Negima!(manga): What the fuck?!
THATS TWO SHIT ENDS IN A ROW
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I SWEAR IF I RUN INTO ANOTHER DUD ENDING I WILL USE ARGO COMPANY TO TAKE OVER THE PLANET
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 4653 4654 [4655] 4656 4657 ... 8153