Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4653 4654 [4655] 4656 4657 ... 7783

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 4762193 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69810 on: February 19, 2014, 09:03:52 am »

I can't write. I can't do anything right.
Mind bogged up.
Stuff need doing.
Uni work overwhelming.

And I don't have time for my favorite hobbies: writing, playing that flute and drawing
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69811 on: February 19, 2014, 10:31:56 am »

Feel like shit, sulking in my room while trying to do schoolwork an worst of all, I probably made my dad sad for the Nth time because I'm oh so tact when I disagree with him...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69812 on: February 19, 2014, 11:13:40 am »

Looking to buy some markers for arting purposes. It's either E-bay for 25 bucks, or buying it locally which would come out to about 50 bucks. If I did go the e-bay route, there's atleast two weeks of shipping included. Also no chance to buy it right now because I don't have any online monies :C

Feh, gotta wait a few weeks I guess.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69813 on: February 19, 2014, 11:56:49 am »

I feel rather empty after my latest love-related crash.
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69814 on: February 19, 2014, 12:57:09 pm »

Liquor store is gone o.o

And I was planning on playing some Drunk Fortress Dx

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #69815 on: February 19, 2014, 03:45:52 pm »

Just found out about the Chinese Exclusion Policy of NASA, while researching for a Social Studies Essay about how the principles of the Declaration of Independence are upheld today.
Let me tell you, since young I wanted to work in NASA, so when I went there a few years ago and heard firsthand from one of the employees that NASA's funding is shriveling up, I died a bit inside.

But this?
 :'(

Just to be sure that you're not getting false information (I've seen a LOT of people under the impression that this policy is racially based), the policy in question prohibits NASA from coordinating or sharing information with the government of the People's Republic of China and it's representatives, as well as persons that currently hold citizenship in said country, due to conflicting national policy and security interests between the US and PRC governments. Ethnic Chinese who do not represent the PRC or hold citizenship in that country are not affected.
My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Fireworks, or DIE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69816 on: February 19, 2014, 04:54:15 pm »

Just spent 5 hours in a hospital with my eldest daughter (6 yrs old) after she fractured her elbow. Not fun.  :(
This is a blank sig.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69817 on: February 19, 2014, 05:13:12 pm »

Yeah spending 5 long boring hours in a hospital's gotta suck.

Oh sorry for your daughter too :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69818 on: February 19, 2014, 06:06:21 pm »

Based on the Wikipedia entry, it may even be Chinese citizens working for a Chinese-run entity. So if you have PRC citizenship but are otherwise American, you should be fine? Maybe? At least with that interpretation.

Yeah, in the "Criticism" part, there's a bit about "Only prohibits bilateral meetings and agreements with Chinese-run businesses and PRC-run enterprises"
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:07:57 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69819 on: February 19, 2014, 10:50:07 pm »

Just spent 5 hours in a hospital with my eldest daughter (6 yrs old) after she fractured her elbow. Not fun.  :(
Knowing how hard you can hit things with your elbows without breaking them, I say: Damn. Hope she gets better soon! Note: I used Guitar Hero to speed my recovery when I broke my hand. Perhaps something like that could be arranged?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69820 on: February 19, 2014, 11:09:06 pm »

I am sad today again, because of work.
I can't even say what it is in work that makes me sad and angry anymore, because all the details are gone.
Every day is indistinguishable from the previous, and the next. It's all become this homogenized mess of irritations, and I can't even recall specific events anymore. Even what happened today, I can't even tell you what happened just 7 hours ago because it's already gone. It's started to become such a short length of time now that on days that aren't that bad, I forget before I even get home, and it's only a 15 minute drive. Not even that, more like 10.
I remember what I thought about. I usually brainstorm ideas while I'm at work. My body just operates on autopilot, like a robot. And I know this because I had even thought about writing out this very post while at work. Even this part right now, where I'm writing about thinking about writing, I've already thought it through, because work literally requires zero conscience thought anymore. I feel like a gear in a machine, that people will never notice until it stops working properly.
I feel drained by this. The new pain medicine isn't helping in that aspect, it makes me so tired and makes it hard to focus. At least it helps my back pains a bit, but my mind feels fried. I'm just so tired, I've worked there for nearly two years now, and I just feel like giving up, like I can't handle another day of it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #69821 on: February 19, 2014, 11:34:38 pm »

My dog isn't going to make it for the week, her nerve damage is so bad 3 of her 4 legs do not work.

ITS BEEN A FUN 11 YEARS

T______________T
I know that feeling. My sympathies.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Tu jee, veerey / Toofano se lad ke [Fight, brave one / Fight those internal storms and]
Tu jeet, veerey / Zakhmo se bhid kar bhi tu [Win, brave one / Weather those wounds and]
Firse uthega yaara [Rise once again]

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #69822 on: February 20, 2014, 12:06:22 am »

I am sad today again, because of work.
I can't even say what it is in work that makes me sad and angry anymore, because all the details are gone.
Every day is indistinguishable from the previous, and the next. It's all become this homogenized mess of irritations, and I can't even recall specific events anymore. Even what happened today, I can't even tell you what happened just 7 hours ago because it's already gone. It's started to become such a short length of time now that on days that aren't that bad, I forget before I even get home, and it's only a 15 minute drive. Not even that, more like 10.
I remember what I thought about. I usually brainstorm ideas while I'm at work. My body just operates on autopilot, like a robot. And I know this because I had even thought about writing out this very post while at work. Even this part right now, where I'm writing about thinking about writing, I've already thought it through, because work literally requires zero conscience thought anymore. I feel like a gear in a machine, that people will never notice until it stops working properly.
I feel drained by this. The new pain medicine isn't helping in that aspect, it makes me so tired and makes it hard to focus. At least it helps my back pains a bit, but my mind feels fried. I'm just so tired, I've worked there for nearly two years now, and I just feel like giving up, like I can't handle another day of it.
My entire life is basically this, so I really sympathize with you.
Not the pains and such, the mindlessness. Even interacting with people requires no thought.
I think that might be what love might be - interacting with someone and putting effort into it, having it be a challenge.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69823 on: February 20, 2014, 12:21:23 am »

My entire life is basically this, so I really sympathize with you.
Not the pains and such, the mindlessness. Even interacting with people requires no thought.
I think that might be what love might be - interacting with someone and putting effort into it, having it be a challenge.
Well, for me, interacting with people hasn't become mindless, because I'm wretchedly anti-social. I find even the slightest bit of human interaction to be... I don't know. It makes me uncomfortable.
And yeah, love does require a lot of effort, but it's worth it. At least for me it is, it keeps me sane. I really wish I could give you help with that, but honestly, when I was going through that stage, I didn't even know I was in it. I was totally clueless pretty much the entire time. So I guess I'm not much of a help in that regard.
As for the pains bit, at least last week I got to go to the doctor, for the first time in two years, so hopefully they'll find out exactly what is wrong with me. Until then, you know, pain medicine kinda sucks for your mind. That's why I haven't updated literally a single game of mine, because I just feel like crud. And not being able to get updates out makes me feel bad, but not for like, feelings of obligations or anything like that, just generally feeling like "I wish I could actually be doing something" sort of feels.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #69824 on: February 20, 2014, 12:49:05 am »

My dog isn't going to make it for the week, her nerve damage is so bad 3 of her 4 legs do not work.

ITS BEEN A FUN 11 YEARS

T______________T

:'(

Hugs.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 4653 4654 [4655] 4656 4657 ... 7783