Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4656 4657 [4658] 4659 4660 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8636215 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69855 on: February 05, 2014, 10:55:25 am »

I really like her because it doesn't ever feel like she's trying to fake anything. She just seems to love being her own weird self and I really respect that. She's also completely adorable and tiny. As in 4'10" tiny.

She's also got one of the most reactive faces I've seen in a facecam. It's fascinating to watch her go from her concentrating "game" face to all these different expressions in response to in game events, then back to concentrating. If her Volgarr video is anything to go by, she's definitely a competent gamer. (A couple other videos of hers I watched previously implied she wasn't that good at games, like most LPers who can do stupid stuff. It's refreshing to see the LPer actually think through what they're doing and make progress rather than not pay attention or make stupid avoidable mistakes like what seems so common in LPs.)

Also, her voice is pretty awesome.

Also also, 4'10''? Aaaaaaah that's so adorable like ohmagerd imgonnadieofcuteness.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69856 on: February 05, 2014, 11:07:28 am »

Considering this isn't much rage and less '*siiiiiigh* Why?'

My parents as I've said are more fanatical Christians and of course fear that anything that would slightly challenge us in beliefs(I personally am more agnostic in my beliefs) however I am probably exaggerating the point greatly, but it is just odd my parents are changing the plans to have my brother go into that teaches gasp evolution. It's just... I'm normally not one to whine, but I really cannot just keep my thoughts to myself anymore as, regardless if what my parents think, listening to them and the Bill Nye v Ken Ham debate has just made me wonder why I can't just be confident enough to ask questions about religion and try to talk about but noooo I end up thinking I'll get yelled at for that and I personally have to walk on eggshells mentally to avoid unintentional outbursts.

Apologies if this sounds a bit ragey and/or whiney teenager, I just needed to vent.

Also, apologies if this seems a bit jumpy in terms of topic, again I just needed to vent. Feel free to tell me I'm being a bitch to my parents.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #69857 on: February 05, 2014, 12:38:37 pm »

My bow broke. I should have expected it, considering it was the first actually decent one I've made and I made from some unidentified wood, but I took it from 'random tree' to 'acceptable bow' entirely by hand, including cutting down the tree. Mild emotional attachment to inanimate object? Apparently. Oh well, guess it's time to start on the Mk. II.  :-\

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69858 on: February 05, 2014, 01:52:41 pm »

pre-IOS it was mainly male, on consoles and PC, thats why you usually see most PC/console games made for guys
whereas IOS is sorta "everyone-friendly"

This is an excellent essay on why that's not the whole story.

Seriously, I actually really enjoyed reading it, and I recommend that anyone interested in the subject take a look.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69859 on: February 05, 2014, 03:05:17 pm »

pre-IOS it was mainly male, on consoles and PC, thats why you usually see most PC/console games made for guys

Seriously, I actually really enjoyed reading it, and I recommend that anyone interested in the subject take a look.

That is an excellent essay. Very much agreed with the self-fulfilling prophecy aspects. And the mushy and situationally dependent definition of the phrase "video game". Why come to an understanding of a huge and varied market when there's much more money and/or political hay to be made from tarring with a big damn brush?

Also, hadn't seen that little girl's video rant before. She is a hero of her time.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #69860 on: February 05, 2014, 08:41:06 pm »

Uh. 
Why'd the wtf thread get locked?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #69861 on: February 05, 2014, 08:47:42 pm »

Uh. 
Why'd the wtf thread get locked?
If I had to guess, the dildos. It certainly wasn't Akura doing it, He hasn't been active for the last few days.

And then there were four. EDIT: Image and sub-thread removed, WTF back up
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:49:22 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #69862 on: February 05, 2014, 08:48:58 pm »

Welp he just deleted the dildo rifle all's good.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69863 on: February 05, 2014, 09:29:34 pm »

A good article, and very insightful.
... Except they misquoted the internet video.
Riley was complaining about the colors. Her words were "Boys like Superheroes and Girls like Superheroes, and Boys like Princesses, and Girls like princesses. So why do Girls have to buy pink stuff and Boys have to buy other colored stuff?"
The annoyance was the stigma of princesses wearing pink, and no superheroes wearing any pink.
Which is hilarious because later the article goes on to say -paraphrasing "People in marketing are payed massive amounts of money to know what color makes you want to buy which product." So it would be rather amusing to find that pink is naturally associated with femininity, rather than the far more bleak and possibly realistic idea that pink = femininity is an idea being shoved down our throats.

My bow broke. I should have expected it, considering it was the first actually decent one I've made and I made from some unidentified wood, but I took it from 'random tree' to 'acceptable bow' entirely by hand, including cutting down the tree. Mild emotional attachment to inanimate object? Apparently. Oh well, guess it's time to start on the Mk. II.  :-\
I feel you.
Actually I think Janet makes smoothbores as a hobby. I wonder if they have attachment.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:31:13 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69864 on: February 05, 2014, 09:35:10 pm »

rather than the far more bleak and possibly realistic idea that pink = femininity is an idea being shoved down our throats.

In the Victorian era, boys wore pink and girls wore blue.  Yes, pink = feminine is definitely not a naturally determined thing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69865 on: February 05, 2014, 09:38:17 pm »

I think I can just be thankful that there isn't a games section with a pink background. And the MLP: FiM game sitting in the Nintendo DS section is jammed between a Mario Party game and the latest Pokemon- because who the hell knows who their primary market is.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #69866 on: February 05, 2014, 09:39:20 pm »

Actually I think Janet makes smoothbores as a hobby. I wonder if they have attachment.

I'm attached to everything I've made. From the shitty knives and temporary tools I've hammered out of rail spikes to the very carefully made .75 caliber caplock rifle I have hanging above the desk in my room.

The only thing for the guns I don't hand make are the caps, (I am NOT touching fulminating mercury, sheesh.) the gunpowder, and some of the smaller and more fine parts for the action I don't have the tools to make properly.

rather than the far more bleak and possibly realistic idea that pink = femininity is an idea being shoved down our throats.

In the Victorian era, boys wore pink and girls wore blue.  Yes, pink = feminine is definitely not a naturally determined thing.

I was actually gonna mention this in my post for a bit. But I wasn't sure I wanted to get involved with this conversation. Regardless of pinks reason for being what it is in marketing, it's still almost a "junk" color reserved for making something look more feminine. Which kinda sucks, a good shade of pink looks pretty good on some things.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69867 on: February 05, 2014, 09:50:44 pm »

Eh. One of my classmates died back in high school and the requested dress was pink ties for the men at the funeral, because the guy felt that real men could wear pink.
Which is surprising, because the guy was a massive jock.
And then there's this.

So I guess it's not all bad.

Edit: And as for purple, here it's just gay. Which is a completely different discriminatory ballgame.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69868 on: February 05, 2014, 09:54:50 pm »

I really like the colour purple, personally. It just looks really nice.

Some of the time, anyway. It tends to be misused.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69869 on: February 05, 2014, 10:01:51 pm »

...I pretty much like all colors...
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4656 4657 [4658] 4659 4660 ... 8156