Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4682 4683 [4684] 4685 4686 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8575232 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #70245 on: February 16, 2014, 10:14:33 pm »

Stomach has been bothering me quite a bit the last few days. I hope its just stress and not something more serious D:
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #70246 on: February 16, 2014, 11:33:47 pm »

Stomach has been bothering me quite a bit the last few days. I hope its just stress and not something more serious D:

I get that. Pain in the arse. Sometimes literally a pain in the arse.

Probably one of the reasons why I'm not morbidly obese though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70247 on: February 17, 2014, 01:20:51 am »

so is the part where practically random people bump themselves into your life trying to change everything you do because they think their way of doings things is inherently better to yours a part of the human condition or what

i thought this shit would end after i moved out +- a year but nope it's just people i don't even know for a change

let's not even get started on people trying to use their authority on me while i only recognize a very limited amount of authorities (like five things total)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #70248 on: February 17, 2014, 01:24:31 am »

so is the part where practically random people bump themselves into your life trying to change everything you do because they think their way of doings things is inherently better to yours a part of the human condition or what
It's normal-there are people who do so, some for malevolent purposes, and yet some for benevolent ones that you can't see given the viewpoint differences. Maybe they see what you're doing is detrimental so wish to help you and such...
Especially when they're strangers? They want to help. :/ Being rebellious doesn't solve anything on both your or their parts though (in which I'd ask the 'why' and 'what's going on' in your situation)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70249 on: February 17, 2014, 01:34:35 am »

strangers being genuinely helpful, by which i mean not attempting to manipulate me for their own benefit in a way that also benefits me yet is secondary to their benefit (or without the secondary benefit in the first place) sadly finds itself hard a concept to process given my prior experience with the help of strangers

the post was more motivated by random thought than any sort of current affair, given that i am in a period where nobody is really bothering me and let's hope that lasts

and how exactly are you being rebellious when you recognize the authority of the state, church on affairs of christianity (which i'm still socially expected to follow and sortofkindof embrace it), management at work (instead of the fuckasses who try to shove the entire department's work on me), etc.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70250 on: February 17, 2014, 02:34:55 am »

Authority is given.

I tend to give it to the elderly or the intelligent. If an expert tells me something, I'm inclined to believe them.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #70251 on: February 17, 2014, 02:49:43 am »

------------------

Never mind me, just spouting nonsense.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 03:02:42 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70252 on: February 17, 2014, 06:07:17 am »

See, what it is, is that the VN board became the GD board. We're just slowly changing it to become more and more shitty so as to avoid having Toady ban us for it.
That's... certainly an opinion.

Also Sinistar's nonsense was rather philosophical. I liked it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 06:09:30 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #70253 on: February 17, 2014, 06:21:40 am »

Certain people lie to my face about events during which I was present, and they expect me to aye-say them? Maybe they think I am retarded and have a ten-minute attention span? What the fuck?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70254 on: February 17, 2014, 06:58:41 am »

Poured a bowl of cereal.
Ate like two pieces as I walked to my desk.
Not hungry anymore.
Thanks disease.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70255 on: February 17, 2014, 08:35:32 am »

Facekillz058: There some sort of disease going around my parts too, it's that time of the year I guess. Get well soon, friend.

ChairmanPoo:...wow. The nerve of some people. :o

See, what it is, is that the VN board became the GD board. We're just slowly changing it to become more and more shitty so as to avoid having Toady ban us for it.
That's... certainly an opinion.

Also Sinistar's nonsense was rather philosophical. I liked it.
T-thank you ;_;
It's a thought that, due to certain events, has been rolling around my head for quite some time now...but it still doesn't feel quite finished.  ::)
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70256 on: February 17, 2014, 08:50:18 am »

It's the Same Basic idea as currency.
It's just a game, but the world doesn't want us to realize that, because if everyone knew it was just a game, then the spell would be broken.
It used to be that the most expensive item in the world was gold. Then somehow it became promises on paper. And now it's digitized. Stocks are probably the biggest marketable good, and they have no scarcity beyond what the owner says, because I'm reality they're intangible.
And yet we all play the game because we think we might be the ones who'll win, when in reality the biggest winners are the ones who are running it, and know it's a game.

Authority has many similarities.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:56:22 am by Tack »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70257 on: February 17, 2014, 09:09:33 am »

Tack: I agree.
I also feel like I spent just to much time thinking about that thing, realizing now how obvious the right answer is. Dammit, you made it sound so trivial, I feel so silly.  :P

Ah, the problems of the first world...I'm actually quite happy now. Time to leave this thread.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #70258 on: February 17, 2014, 11:42:10 am »

Toady locked my Mars Politics Thread because he thought it was spam.
IT WAS A JOKE! I WAS PARODYING THE OTHER POLITICS THREADS.

Anyway:
It's the Same Basic idea as currency.
It's just a game, but the world doesn't want us to realize that, because if everyone knew it was just a game, then the spell would be broken.
It used to be that the most expensive item in the world was gold. Then somehow it became promises on paper. And now it's digitized. Stocks are probably the biggest marketable good, and they have no scarcity beyond what the owner says, because I'm reality they're intangible.
And yet we all play the game because we think we might be the ones who'll win, when in reality the biggest winners are the ones who are running it, and know it's a game.

Authority has many similarities.

Well technically we still use gold. Its just that dollars and euros and etc. all represent a set portion of the gold in a country. So if there were only 100 dollars in the US, having 1 dollar would mean you own 10% of the gold in the Federal Reserve. Since there are a fuckhueg amount of dollars in the US, having 1 dollar means you can haz cheeseburger.
But only a little one. That probably isn't using actual beef.
This is how inflation works.
Stocks and such even FURTHER confuse the utter retardation of this system in that they give you a portion of the portion of the portions of a company that has a certain amount of portions.

So yes, you are 100% correct that its all pretty much bullshit. It kinda STARTED as necessary, but its gotten so befuddled in crap that its just lost meaning at this point.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70259 on: February 17, 2014, 12:43:07 pm »

Well technically we still use gold.
Wasn't Dollar removed from gold standard while ago? Or am I remembering wrong?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!
Pages: 1 ... 4682 4683 [4684] 4685 4686 ... 8156