Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4700 4701 [4702] 4703 4704 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8555289 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #70515 on: February 24, 2014, 12:05:55 am »

My friend got me into Adventure Time recently and I can't listen to the end credits song without wanting to cry. I don't know why.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #70516 on: February 24, 2014, 12:46:05 am »

This post belongs in the sad thread! :D
See: Modify.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 07:40:23 am by Tiruin »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70517 on: February 24, 2014, 01:21:08 am »

I want to play my guitar, but it's too late at night. I want to play other games, (KSP, X-COM, etc.) but I have to be up in the morning to work, and if I start playing now, I won't stop until it will severely impact my sleep cycle. ;_; Curse you, time.
Don't worry, I'm reasonably sure we eventually invent time-travel.
That doesn't help me now, though. I mean, it will help future me/past you/future you/MaximumSlimeHuntZero, but that's a ways off.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70518 on: February 24, 2014, 01:34:53 am »

Welp. It's that time where I can't go to sleep without sleeping through both my alarms. Again. Dammit self, ya gotta sleep sometime. Guess I'm gonna run on pure sugar tomorrow. Except today is tomorrow. Fuck.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #70519 on: February 24, 2014, 04:37:40 am »

The pain hasn't stopped. They said the pain would stop. I have no idea how people like MZ and mastahcheese deal with worse than this on a daily basis. Three days of this is beating me down.

Edit: it now hurts to swallow. Eish.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:40:12 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70520 on: February 24, 2014, 08:04:57 am »

Grandfather passed on today...
First in direct family member to pass on for me...
Last saw him yesterday just before he had his dinner in the hospital, wheeled him around in a wheelchair that he had just been moved into when I arrived. It was the first time he had left his room for days. Sat with him, talked with him. Other then his wife, I was the last to see him in a 'stable' condition where he wasn't attached to a heart monitor and such, let alone able to sit up...
Haven't broken down and cried yet, tears have welled and throat starting to choke up but, I don't know, will prob break down at funeral in a few days...
I'm the oldest Grandson/child in the family, so I think I might be expected to say something, I don't know...
Sorry guys, kinda needed to say something. Put it in words ya know...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70521 on: February 24, 2014, 09:10:13 am »

Last saw him yesterday just before he had his dinner in the hospital, wheeled him around in a wheelchair that he had just been moved into when I arrived. It was the first time he had left his room for days. Sat with him, talked with him. Other then his wife, I was the last to see him in a 'stable' condition where he wasn't attached to a heart monitor and such, let alone able to sit up...
Haven't broken down and cried yet, tears have welled and throat starting to choke up but, I don't know, will prob break down at funeral in a few days...
I'm the oldest Grandson/child in the family, so I think I might be expected to say something, I don't know...

My sympathies, man.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70522 on: February 24, 2014, 09:17:53 am »

I have no idea how people like MZ and mastahcheese deal with worse than this on a daily basis.
To be perfectly honest with you, I fake it. I get myself so amped up on adrenaline that I can't feel anything. I used to abuse alcohol. If I'm not in a situation where I can blast music and RAAGGEEE out, I ignore it until I can't, and then I take acetaminophen and ibuprofen as I can, and whine about it.

My condolences, ser. Stay strong. (I didn't have to speak at either of my grandfathers' funerals, if that helps. The only people who did were the pastors conducting them.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #70523 on: February 24, 2014, 10:34:07 am »

I'm sorry :( Hugs :(

That kind of stuff just... really hurts. My grandfather passed away unexpectedly while I was studying abroad, and we'd just started developing similar interests... I kept thinking how I was looking forward to going back and sitting down with him for a nice long chat. Was encouraged not to visit home because he would be OK for a while still, and I was going home in a few months anyway. He passed away a few days later... I totally broke down :(

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70524 on: February 24, 2014, 12:27:57 pm »

I know a bit how you feel. My grandfather passed on when I was just 10.

I didn't know him that well, but he was still nice. I always liked going over to his house in the countryside and seeing him and my grandma. He had been in the hospital for a while, but I had never known anyone that died before, so I didn't realize how sick he was. When I found out about his death, I completely broke down. I stopped doing my work and needed to get daily counseling from the school counselor/psychiatrist. After a week or so, I was able to start focusing again and got all of my schoolwork back on track.

However, a few months later, my great-grandmother passed away. I knew her less than I knew my grandfather, but it still hit me hard as I remembered when she used to always teach me piano. I didn't have a complete breakdown this time, just went into a state of semi-shock/depression. I kept doing my work, but I stopped acting excited or like I had any energy at all. I wasn't even sad really, just lifeless, not talking to people, not showing emotions, not even playing games. This lasted longer, but eventually went away. After her funeral, my cousins, family and I went to the beach to mourn. I spent the whole time skipping rocks off into the sunset by myself.

I have to say though, I consider myself very lucky. I still have two grandmothers and a grandfather who are healthy and more energetic than most people I know their age. I also have my brother who helped me through these hard times. He wasn't able to grasp the concept of death at the time, and was able to pull me through my depression. He's always been the optimistic one out of the two of us, and I am really thankful to have him. I don't always tell him because we're brothers, we get into fights sometimes. But at the end of the day, we are always glad that we have one another.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70525 on: February 25, 2014, 11:18:06 am »

Great. For the past few days, my body had been handling my medication quite well; only minor heartburn rather than a whole host of other digestive problems listed under the side effects.

So of course on the day I'm supposed to go back to work, everything goes down the toilet.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #70526 on: February 25, 2014, 01:48:32 pm »

Fruit, yes. I am happy to eat seed-based foods, because then I'm just thwarting their natural reproductive process, much in the way you would eat an egg.

But to eat something like baby asparagus is just inhumane. It's got its whole life ahead of it.
Baby anything is more tender and delicious. Baby corn you can even eat the cob. Baby spinach. REAL baby carrots instead of just chopped-up ones. Itty bitty potatoes. Bean / clover sprouts. You know why lamb and veal are more expensive? You are paying for the delicious taste of suffering.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70527 on: February 25, 2014, 01:56:50 pm »

Lamb is basically the only kind of sheep-meat sold here. Mutton is basically nonexistant.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70528 on: February 25, 2014, 04:18:07 pm »

Twice in my life I have joined debate teams, and as of today it looks like that ship is sinking for a second time come next semester.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70529 on: February 25, 2014, 09:31:46 pm »

Cmega3, chemistry's awesome - if you can't get that kit, you might want to look into just purchasing used glassware. It's surprisingly cheap! Then you just need to find a chemical supplier that'll sell/ship to you, but that shouldn't be too big of a problem. You'd need to figure out first what kind of stuff you want to do, though...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 4700 4701 [4702] 4703 4704 ... 8155