Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4740 4741 [4742] 4743 4744 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8554975 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #71115 on: March 15, 2014, 12:24:56 am »

Personally, I find apathy sort of comforting. Which goes to show how shitty my school experiences were. It was just easier to suppress emotion than go through the motions of getting help from the teachers. I can understand why you'd never want to be apathetic though, but sometimes, anger is so much worse.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71116 on: March 15, 2014, 01:46:21 am »

I just realized I'm working tomorrow morning. Normally I don't mind the weekends, I just clean shit for 4 hours, then go home. But tomorrow the furniture store I'm a janitor for just so happens to be THROWING A SUPER SALE.

Naturally, my work is going to be even more scrutinized. Good thing I pride myself on not doing a shit job...
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71117 on: March 15, 2014, 02:31:41 am »

There's nothing wrong with being able to feel your ribs.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71118 on: March 15, 2014, 04:41:19 am »

I never tried jiggling them... I'll try that out.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #71119 on: March 15, 2014, 05:36:23 am »

There's nothing wrong with being able to feel your ribs.

For you, perhaps. I had a chunk of my liver cut out while I was like five or so, so I have a scar that goes from bellybutton to my right side that's making it feel extremely uncomfortable, because I feel like I have a skin deficit.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71120 on: March 15, 2014, 08:02:02 am »

Personally, I find apathy sort of comforting. Which goes to show how shitty my school experiences were. It was just easier to suppress emotion than go through the motions of getting help from the teachers. I can understand why you'd never want to be apathetic though, but sometimes, anger is so much worse.
It... K, let me just say the medicinally induced apathy is an entirely different sort of beast than just about anything you can do voluntarily. So far as I've experienced, it is easily one of the most horrific things you can experience. It is not good juju. There's not much juju in this world that's worse.

I would take kidney stone pain over drug apathy, and I would honestly gouge my own eyes out and slit my throat to avoid the former over a long period. I would take -- did take -- depression so extreme it was inducing psychotic hallucinations, over drug apathy. I will take just about any damn thing, up to and including death, over drug induced blanket emotional suppression. Stopping yourself from feeling is a very, very different thing from not being able to feel. And the latter is just... it's bad. It's bloody horrific. It's not something you want to experience. Ever.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71121 on: March 15, 2014, 08:28:10 am »

Doing a close/open. Whoever wrote my schedule is a jerk.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #71122 on: March 15, 2014, 10:02:24 am »

Doing a close/open. Whoever wrote my schedule is a jerk.

How long is that between shifts?

If you live in the EU, and it's less than 11 hours, you're well within your rights to tell them you're not doing it. Don't know about employment laws in any other places, but that was always a bone of contention I had with my former employers, who did (and perhaps still do) it frequently.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71123 on: March 15, 2014, 10:03:30 am »

MZ lives in the Freedom(tm) Land.
So all he'll get by not doing it is losing his job, probably.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:05:05 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71124 on: March 15, 2014, 10:07:27 am »

And probably in an at-will employment state (I say probably because I don't remember if any of them aren't >_>), which is another way of saying they don't even need a reason to fire him. Giving them one usually isn't a good idea if you want to keep the job.
Ask not!
Ask!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #71125 on: March 15, 2014, 10:09:59 am »

That's something I have to look forward to then.

Awesome.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #71126 on: March 15, 2014, 10:25:04 am »

Was gonna start a Dominions 3 community game thing but the game just utterly REFUSES to take screenshots. Every time I take one it trys to tab out and fails and just makes my screen go dark till I ctrl+alt+delete.

Not only that, but the screenie it gives me when I paste it in paint is of my desktop, not the game.

I managed to get TWO good screenshots, in about an hour of repeating that process.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71127 on: March 15, 2014, 10:37:32 am »

... weird. Are you using the steam version or something? Alt+Print screen worked just fine, just now. Might be something screwy with the video drivers, too...

Hrm. Try windowed instead of full screen, actually*. I popped it into full screen and it gave me a wall of black when I pasted into paint, but it worked fine windowed.

*E: If you haven't already, that is.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:39:46 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #71128 on: March 15, 2014, 10:57:51 am »

... weird. Are you using the steam version or something? Alt+Print screen worked just fine, just now. Might be something screwy with the video drivers, too...

Hrm. Try windowed instead of full screen, actually*. I popped it into full screen and it gave me a wall of black when I pasted into paint, but it worked fine windowed.

*E: If you haven't already, that is.

Desura version, and that makes sense, I haven't tried the windowed version :P
I'll let you know if it works :)

EDIT: Frumple, I am no longer sad! *hugs Frumple*
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 11:06:56 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71129 on: March 15, 2014, 12:59:16 pm »

Two internet comics I was reading just ended and a third is going to soon.
Pages: 1 ... 4740 4741 [4742] 4743 4744 ... 8155