Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4744 4745 [4746] 4747 4748 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8571089 times)

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #71175 on: March 15, 2014, 06:56:50 pm »

Yes, I was a female misogynist.  And basically an MRA.
And there I was, thinking you ate misogynists for breakfast, and showed off their prepared remains as trophies in your avatar.

Nah, it was mostly related to my mom's thinking that those who don't entertain those points of view aren't intellectuals (up to and including, literally, asking why no one examines whether Hitler's argument in Mein Kampf didn't have a little truth to it).
Well, I can tell you one thing, your mom is not an intellectual. I've read the thing too, and even compared to contemporary literature of similar nature and content (the infamous Julius Evola comes to mind, his "Against the modern world" (1934) is actually worth a read), it is not worth wiping your ass with.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:16:41 pm by XXSockXX »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71176 on: March 15, 2014, 07:04:20 pm »

I've read ancient greek tractats on how the greeks were the most awesomest civilization in the world that made more sense than Mein Kampf.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71177 on: March 15, 2014, 07:30:36 pm »

Jon deleted me off steam, pretty sure that means he broke up with me.

He hadn't talked to me for a month... What did I do wrong? .____.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71178 on: March 15, 2014, 07:32:26 pm »

Not necessarily anything.  Sometimes people just shy away from intimacy in general, when they're going through a tough time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71179 on: March 15, 2014, 07:41:02 pm »

Jon deleted me off steam, pretty sure that means he broke up with me.

He hadn't talked to me for a month... What did I do wrong? .____.
Don't take that as judging or anything, but was that mostly an online relationship? Because frankly, I have a very hard time believing in those as something substantial, especially in times of real life crisis.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71180 on: March 15, 2014, 07:47:36 pm »

I know a lot of people have a similar, frivolous attitude to these sorts of things... but the internet is real life dude.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #71181 on: March 15, 2014, 07:52:27 pm »

Not for everyone, some people can't actually maintain much of an emotional connection online. Some can.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71182 on: March 15, 2014, 07:56:28 pm »

I dunno, I guess I get a certain attachment to some people online (Generally only people I play Lol with.. because Skype = best friends), but I regard the rest of the internet with some sort of paranoia.

Past me was more social, better looking, more caring, more thoughtful, better read, smarter, more motivated, and more experienced.

I hate present me.
I feel similar, except past me was more fit, better socially, better looking, much, much smarter and actually had a love life.
But was a manipulative bastard/complete monster.

So I'm kind of ambivalent about present me.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71183 on: March 15, 2014, 08:00:28 pm »

Oh, I was talking about romantic and/or sexual relationships. In these I only believe with physical evidence.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:02:33 pm by XXSockXX »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71184 on: March 15, 2014, 08:18:08 pm »

Oh, I was talking about romantic and/or sexual relationships. In these I only believe with physical evidence.  ;)
It's only until they invent a way to stimulate the responsible brain areas directly. They you'd have a way to have sex through internet.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #71185 on: March 15, 2014, 08:20:45 pm »

I have an overwhelming urge to do something productive but whenever I try to do a thing it feels like a complete pointless waste of time.

This is bumming me out. Everything that I had to do but wasn't interested in (most school courses, family get togethers, impending future crap like college or jobs or bills or taxes etc) was considered a waste of time that I'd have to do if I wanted to get back to doing whatever hobby I was interested in. Now everything I'm interested in is a waste of time. Logically, my life is one big waste of time. Also still having one big "what am I doing with my life" moment that isn't helping. 
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71186 on: March 15, 2014, 08:21:57 pm »

It's only until they invent a way to stimulate the responsible brain areas directly. They you'd have a way to have sex through internet.
That will either be very good, or very, very bad for humanity.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71187 on: March 15, 2014, 08:38:25 pm »

It'll probably not feel as good as the physical thing, though. Like how broadcast music never sounds as good as live one.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71188 on: March 15, 2014, 08:45:13 pm »

... I've heard recorded stuff that sounded better, sometimes much better, than live*. And though it's not something I've got personal experience with, from what I understand it's particularly not-uncommon for higher end sound systems and freaky stuff like FLAC format junk. We already have video resolution that's basically more real than real, after all. No doubt we've got the same in the aural arena.

And seriously, direct pleasure stimulation without the associated physical requirements or limitations? Three days straight, is what I'm saying. You're right it won't feel as good, because it'll be the next level up. The regulatory side of it'll be pretty interesting after it starts killing people, though~

*Mind you, it goes the other way, too, and live can be awesome even if not strictly on the audiophile dimension, but yeah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71189 on: March 15, 2014, 08:57:41 pm »

Absolutely. If we ever really discover how to imitate pleasure via brain simulation, this stuff will be classified until the end of eternity. It'd be like heroin, except worse.
Pages: 1 ... 4744 4745 [4746] 4747 4748 ... 8156