Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4745 4746 [4747] 4748 4749 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8577420 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #71190 on: March 15, 2014, 10:30:08 pm »

Once again, I find myself wanting to put something in here, about how I'm sad, and I realized that I sat here not typing anything for about 10 minutes, then decided to check my other tabs, and came back and I still don't know what to say, how to put my feelings into words.
All the details are gone, everything is the same now. There's no uniqueness to the days as they go by, it's all the same thing.
All of my emotions seem to consist of either depression or anger, until I can get home and sink into apathy again, for it to start again the next, identical day.

I got my check yesterday. Because of the many days of work I had to take off a while ago due to sickness, I didn't make enough to pay the bills. So now I have to ask for help and hope that they will be willing to.
My wife says that it's not my fault, and that I couldn't help getting sick, but I feel so worthless right now. I should be doing this, I should take care of things, and I don't. I feel like I should have just sucked it up and went to work anyway.

My mind is such a mess right now that I can't even focus my eyes right now, everything is coated with a slight blur, and I can't see colors right. My fingers feel heavy just trying to type, and I don't know what to do.
It's times like this that I want to just stop caring about everything, just find the part of myself that worries over everything and just shut it off, and go to sleep.

I know that this is just my depression acting up, and I have an appointment with a psychologist in just a couple weeks, but what do I do now? I really wish I didn't have this, that my mind would just get over itself and stop trying to make everything horrible.

I hate putting on this façade for everyone, because nobody will take the time to understand what this feels like, and they think that me being upset is just some attempt to get attention, so I have to act like nothing is ever wrong, and just continue to be the robot running on autopilot, without even so much as a pulse or shutter of independent thought.

I just can't take this much longer.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71191 on: March 15, 2014, 11:03:14 pm »

-snip-

Is there anything that can help take your mind off of everything for at least a little bit? Something to make the couple of weeks until the visit shorter?

Because what's happening it's your fault, your wife is right. For all of what you've let show here on these forums, I think you're a really wonderful person and it makes me sad to hear you're suffering like this, makes me wish I could help somehow.

I hope everything turns out all right for you, Mastah.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71192 on: March 15, 2014, 11:05:16 pm »

4maskwolf cancels grouse about life: interrupted by actually reading the previous person's post.

I'm so sorry... I know exactly what you are talking about.  It is the worst thing in the world.

When that happens to me, all I want to do is sleep.  Sleep as long as possible, possibly forever.

But enough about me.  I really hope things get better for you.  I know they will.

PPE: Pufferfish ninja'd me in saying what I was saying.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71193 on: March 15, 2014, 11:09:35 pm »

Well, being on the forums helps, in that it takes my mind off of real life for a bit, so does video games and the like.

Right now, I'm actually going through my email that I never get on and deleting the (oh my god I just realized this) over 9000 (yes, I'm serious) junk emails that it's accrued since my last check.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71194 on: March 15, 2014, 11:12:14 pm »

Well, being on the forums helps, in that it takes my mind off of real life for a bit, so does video games and the like.

Right now, I'm actually going through my email that I never get on and deleting the (oh my god I just realized this) over 9000 (yes, I'm serious) junk emails that it's accrued since my last check.
Wow.  I do that with all of the colleges who spam anyone who put their emails on the PSAT tests.

Anyway, yeah, the forums are really helpful to me, too.  I guess I'm starting to see a point one of my friends once made about online friends being just as real as in person ones.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71195 on: March 15, 2014, 11:19:22 pm »

People are worried that the internet is causing a disconnect of person from person, but what we're getting, at least here, is a sense of intimacy one could only achieve with the closest of friends. I, at least, am not afraid to be myself on here, to share with you guys what's on my mind. That's rare for me.

I'm closer with you all here than with the majority of the people I see on a daily basis in the real world, and I'm so glad to have met you all and I worry about each and every one of you when you're feeling low.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71196 on: March 15, 2014, 11:20:42 pm »

People are worried that the internet is causing a disconnect of person from person, but what we're getting, at least here, is a sense of intimacy one could only achieve with the closest of friends. I, at least, am not afraid to be myself on here, to share with you guys what's on my mind. That's rare for me.

I'm closer with you all here than with the majority of the people I see on a daily basis in the real world, and I'm so glad to have met you all and I worry about each and every one of you when you're feeling low.
This is definitely how I feel. I can't express myself with actual people at all, but I can here.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71197 on: March 15, 2014, 11:22:07 pm »

This is definitely how I feel. I can't express myself with actual people at all, but I can here.
I third this motion.  It's funny how that works.  I join the most competitive, paranoia-inducing section of the forums (the mafia forums), and find that everyone is absolutely amazing.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71198 on: March 15, 2014, 11:22:50 pm »

STHAP. THERE ARE TOO MANY GOOD FEELINGS IN THIS THREAD. YOU'RE MAKING ME TEAR UP FROM THE HAPPIES. QUICK, GET SOMEONE SAD IN HERE!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71199 on: March 15, 2014, 11:23:46 pm »

STHAP. THERE ARE TOO MANY GOOD FEELINGS IN THIS THREAD. YOU'RE MAKING ME TEAR UP FROM THE HAPPIES. QUICK, GET SOMEONE SAD IN HERE!
I suppose I could go on a rant about things, but what would be the fun in that?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71200 on: March 15, 2014, 11:24:26 pm »

Good! It's making me tear up a little too! Because you're all beautiful and important people!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71201 on: March 15, 2014, 11:24:43 pm »

I'm still clearing out my email, and still have over 8000 to go.

I'm getting there, so have them sads.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71202 on: March 15, 2014, 11:26:25 pm »

Good! It's making me tear up a little too! Because you're all beautiful and important people!
Pufferfish throws a derail at the thread about sadness.  It strikes the sadness in the lower body, bruising the gut.  The sadness looks sick.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71203 on: March 15, 2014, 11:27:14 pm »

I should really get back in modding DF one of these days.

I miss it sometimes.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71204 on: March 15, 2014, 11:27:58 pm »

I should really get back in modding DF one of these days.

I miss it sometimes.
I should mod people from the forums into my games as megabeasts.
Pages: 1 ... 4745 4746 [4747] 4748 4749 ... 8156