Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4775 4776 [4777] 4778 4779 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8580399 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #71640 on: March 21, 2014, 07:31:18 pm »

Like you give you a fuck about 30-year-old-you's student debt.
I like to pretend that I am a pragmatic person. So yes, I give quite a few fucks about his debt.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71641 on: March 21, 2014, 07:33:32 pm »

The trick is to get a job in academia, where you can continue to take inexpensive Mickey Mouse classes for "career development" and keep your loans in deferment forever. Then you die with millions in debt. Plus you get tenure so they couldn't fire you if they wanted to.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71642 on: March 21, 2014, 07:34:24 pm »

Try turning to the left, and if that doesn't work try turning to the right. Briefly attempt to get comfortable lying on your face. Rearrange the pillow and go through the process again. Eventually realize you really gotta pee. Consider alternatives. Decide it's best to just get up. Finish working on that damn forum game map.
That might work if my back pain was simply caused by bad posture and sleep habits.

A couple of the discs in my back are just flat out too narrow, and can't support my upper body right. I can't really fix that.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #71643 on: March 21, 2014, 07:35:46 pm »

Like you give you a fuck about 30-year-old-you's student debt.
What?

Do you even English, bro? :P
Oops you on you too many you.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71644 on: March 21, 2014, 07:41:35 pm »

Yo dawg, you heard you like you, so you put some you in you you so you can you while you you.
The Derail Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71645 on: March 21, 2014, 07:42:54 pm »

The trick is to get a job in academia, where you can continue to take inexpensive Mickey Mouse classes for "career development" and keep your loans in deferment forever. Then you die with millions in debt. Plus you get tenure so they couldn't fire you if they wanted to.
Genius.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71646 on: March 21, 2014, 08:16:56 pm »

Dying millions of dollars in debt is totally my goal in life...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71647 on: March 21, 2014, 10:20:03 pm »

So today at work, I got into an argument with a co-worker because they were doing something wrong, and refused to believe that they could possibly do anything that would be wrong.
The last time I was at work, the manager had told everybody, this particular co-worker included, how we were to have this new system that they made to keep stock rotated. They had to repeat themselves about 4 times on the thing because somehow, people could not get it in their heads that the fresh stock, the ones that you just recently put up, goes on one side, and the older stock, the stuff you use first to make sure it doesn't go bad, goes on the other side.
For whatever reason, this concept is apparently the hardest thing ever to remember.
So today, I saw them putting things on the wrong sides again, and told them that. They responded by insisting that they knew how to do their job and was doing it right. I told them that we just had this discussion 2 days ago and that they were wrong, and they continued to argue that they didn't need me to tell them how to do their job, and to prove their point, they got the manager to prove that they knew what they were talking about.
Of course, the manager tells them that they are wrong, and they need to actually pay attention, but the managers refuse to acknowledge the fact that I was right, they just told the co-worker that they were wrong and completely ignored me, followed by the co-worker ignoring me.
Really? You aren't going to point that out? That meant nothing to them that I was the only person actually paying attention, or bothering to remember anything?
The part about this that ticks me off the most, though, is that co-worker is technically in a higher position then me, and they don't even know how to do their friggin job. They refuse to ever pay attention to anything, refuse to believe that they could ever do anything wrong, and can't even do the slightest thing without someone right there to hold their hand the entire way through.
And did I mention that they've worked there a shorter time that I have?
The reason that they are in a higher position than me is because they work the breakfast shift, which is apparently not competent enough to run itself with just the managers, so they have to appoint this title of kitchen leader that doesn't actually mean anything other than give that person permission to be a huge asshole to everyone else.
I work the lunch shift. We work well enough that we don't even need any other position, and I run the entirety of the back line by myself for multiple hours after the breakfast people leave.
Let me put this into perspective for you.
Co-worker: Has title of kitchen leader, never worked on their own, can't handle two orders on their own (they have to call for my help, taking the time that I'm supposed to get to shift the place around to get ready for the lunch time), acts like they are the only one that ever works, and never follows instructions.
Me: Runs the entire back half of the restaurant by themselves on a daily basis, handles over half-a-dozen orders by myself (if I try to call for help from anyone, like the manager, they completely ignore me, I've literally shouted in people's faces where they could clearly hear me, and they ignore me) and gets yelled at because I'm too busy cleaning up all the crap that the breakfast people left out to get my own work done.
And I know I'm not the only one, I've talked with the other lunch workers who normally work either after I leave, or on the days I'm off, and they say that they deal with the exact same thing every day from them.

I'm so freaking tired of this, they treat the people that have to pick up after everyone like crap, while the person who sits and texts on their phone in front of the managers while there are orders on the screen gets fucking promoted.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71648 on: March 21, 2014, 10:28:10 pm »

Dude, if they promote people with a decent work ethic, their own job ends up threatened. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71649 on: March 21, 2014, 10:30:26 pm »

Dude, if they promote people with a decent work ethic, their own job ends up threatened. :P
I've never thought of it like that.

That would explain why all the managers have this instinct of "Something is wrong? We must find someone to blame for this!" as opposed to trying to fix the stupid problem.
The Derail Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71650 on: March 21, 2014, 10:34:41 pm »

Dying millions of dollars in debt is totally my goal in life...

Ohh, you joining Liars Game America edition? I'll have to remember to sign you up.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #71651 on: March 21, 2014, 10:49:46 pm »

Another college I applied to released it's admissions decisions. So far the count is 2 admittances, 3 denials, and 5 still to hear from.
Edit: Actually, two did. Both were denials. So 2/4/4.
If it makes you feel better, you're about 9 steps ahead of me. I've only applied to one college so far, and I haven't even really looked if I was accepted or anything. That application was a couple months back too. Heh. Heh. I'll get around to it. Eventually. I'm not an underachieving failure or procrastinating loser or anything.

I'm such a flaky procrastinating failure oh god what am I doing with my life aaaaaa--
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71652 on: March 21, 2014, 11:12:55 pm »

I'm such a flaky procrastinating failure oh god what am I doing with my life aaaaaa--
I feel like this a lot. I know how you feel.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71653 on: March 21, 2014, 11:24:38 pm »

I feel like this a lot. I know how you feel.
I third this motion.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #71654 on: March 21, 2014, 11:41:47 pm »

I call all of you liars in denouncing yourselves. :I
Pages: 1 ... 4775 4776 [4777] 4778 4779 ... 8156