Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4930 4931 [4932] 4933 4934 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578005 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #73965 on: April 27, 2014, 04:37:39 pm »

Gotta go back to school tomorrow. And I really don't want to. It's getting really intense, with exams coming up.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73966 on: April 27, 2014, 04:41:14 pm »

Also I miss Indiana Jones...

I miss their point and clicks...

Indiana Jones got ONE great point and click (Two games, but only one was great).

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #73967 on: April 27, 2014, 04:53:55 pm »

I miss the Xbox original games. The brawling was fantastic. And you could whip motherfuckers and pull them down and choke them and steal their guns.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #73968 on: April 27, 2014, 06:11:32 pm »

It didn't rain today, it was partly cloudy, and rather windy, so perfect for drying clothes and laundry, so I put them in the washing machine. They are done, and it has started raining minutes ago...
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73969 on: April 27, 2014, 07:42:03 pm »

Oh god, I don't even know what to say...

Have you tried telling that to your parents?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #73970 on: April 27, 2014, 07:47:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Do you know what's causing you to feel like this?

Regardless, my best advice would be to step back and realize one simple thing: At the end of the day, whatever you do in life is valid. Oh, sure, some people will tell you there's only one "right" thing and everything else is "wrong", but life isn't so black and white. However you live, whoever you are, whatever you choose, and everything else in life is, at the end of the day, the precisely correct answer to the questions of life, because the only person who can judge whether something is right or wrong for you is you.
If there's something you're scared of, then do something about it. Confront it, tell someone you trust about it, or do something else to free yourself of it.
As far as guilt goes, remember that most of the stuff that happens in life isn't actually your fault. It will feel like it is, I know, but it's not. I'm not saying to take no responsibility for your actions, but don't take responsibility for other's actions.
The last three is harder to help with without more details on your situations.

Remember that when all is said and done, CMega, there's an army of people sitting behind a computer screen hoping that everything goes well for you. Some claim that online friends don't really count, and these people couldn't be more wrong. People who I've never met in real life, who I've not even so much as seen pictures of, have helped me make some huge decisions about myself and life, and I never would have made it through with my sanity intact if it hadn't been for them.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #73971 on: April 27, 2014, 08:10:24 pm »

Regardless, my best advice would be to step back and realize one simple thing: At the end of the day, whatever you do in life is valid. Oh, sure, some people will tell you there's only one "right" thing and everything else is "wrong", but life isn't so black and white. However you live, whoever you are, whatever you choose, and everything else in life is, at the end of the day, the precisely correct answer to the questions of life, because the only person who can judge whether something is right or wrong for you is you.
If there's something you're scared of, then do something about it. Confront it, tell someone you trust about it, or do something else to free yourself of it.
As far as guilt goes, remember that most of the stuff that happens in life isn't actually your fault. It will feel like it is, I know, but it's not. I'm not saying to take no responsibility for your actions, but don't take responsibility for other's actions.

Remember that when all is said and done, CMega, there's an army of people sitting behind a computer screen hoping that everything goes well for you. Some claim that online friends don't really count, and these people couldn't be more wrong. People who I've never met in real life, who I've not even so much as seen pictures of, have helped me make some huge decisions about myself and life, and I never would have made it through with my sanity intact if it hadn't been for them.
+76785875674865764674865674864765824482746254782642846

It's like he actually appreciated the Star Wars EU or something.
* Sirus raises his head
Did I hear Star Wars EU?
I just hated large amounts of it.
Mara Jade, for instance.
Every Skywalker.
Most of the good guys.
The Vong.
Starkiller.
Almost everything except stuff with Mace Windu and/or Yoda in it, really.
Oh, and Bastila Shan. Killed her in every playthrough.
That's...quite a lot of it :o

HA HA HA!

Sorry Starkiller isn't part of the expanded universe, he is part of the main universe.

I actually like to mention Starkiller whenever someone bad mouths the expanded universe for having a few bad books... Because Starkiller is part of the main universe and his story is nonsense too.

Ohh and fixing Mitichlorians? Expanded universe. Hope you enjoy your force being caused by a bacterial infection EU bashers :P
Nope, Disney retconned basically everything apart from the movies and the 2008 clone wars series, including Starkiller.
And I actually liked the midichlorians, unlike practically everyone else, who kinda seem to misunderstand what they do.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73972 on: April 27, 2014, 08:23:09 pm »

+1 from Russia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73973 on: April 27, 2014, 08:59:24 pm »

Tell them directly that their attitude is also a primary cause of your state of mind :/
They should know, other than blame everything else around and point at a computed 'grade' based on human tests...which don't actually have holistic basis on intellect or prowess.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #73974 on: April 27, 2014, 09:16:11 pm »

... yeah, I probably would strongly suggest not doing that. Not without a backup plan and somewhere else to stay. That sort of direct confrontation has an entirely too non-zero chance of getting a person kicked out of their house, or into some very, very deep shit in other ways.

Just... no, T. That sort of discussion only works when you're either at a relatively equal level in regards to parity of power or the people on the other side of the discussion actually give a damn about your view of things. From what C's said in the past, neither of those are true. C's got environmental hazard parents. Not the sort you can talk with.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73975 on: April 27, 2014, 09:23:22 pm »

Just... no, T. That sort of discussion only works when you're either at a relatively equal level in regards to parity of power or the people on the other side of the discussion actually give a damn about your view of things. From what C's said in the past, neither of those are true. C's got environmental hazard parents. Not the sort you can talk with.
Well I...yeah, I know his background too but I still have to try :/
I mean...yeah >_> But still. There's that note that I feel like C's parents are under some kind of idea regarding him. It's vague to describe enough here. :\

Also...the idea you give is pretty much alien to me (ie the get away from home) as, while those stuffs do happen here, 99% of the people who would be in the same situation as this (parent-side) ...(?)are not that harsh(?)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #73976 on: April 27, 2014, 09:26:57 pm »

... yeah, I probably would strongly suggest not doing that. Not without a backup plan and somewhere else to stay. That sort of direct confrontation has an entirely too non-zero chance of getting a person kicked out of their house, or into some very, very deep shit in other ways.

Sadly true in some circumstances. Depends on the people.

Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #73977 on: April 27, 2014, 09:31:04 pm »

Mm. Well, cultural differences, T. Maybe it's not as bad where C is, I'unno. But my family ended up putting a friend up for a few weeks at one point, back in early high school. Stuff like that... isn't uncommon*, at least in my area. Even without full eviction, it's usually an incredibly good idea to have somewhere else to go for a few days, in case they blow up or react incredibly badly. Other family, friends, etc. You don't get into conflict with the people providing you shelter and legally more-or-less your owner without a fall back plan. Especially when they already have a history of antagonism.

*Though remember... 99% of the time? That means that in a town of 500, you'll have at least five folks it ends up happening to. And that is a tiny, tiny town. There were definitely more than five in such situations where I was at, though, and it wasn't much larger than that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73978 on: April 27, 2014, 09:44:01 pm »

So, yeah. I don't really know how exactly to put this.

A lot of things are happening, lately, and now they've started to combine and compound on each other.
My back has been hurting, due to my narrow spine.
I've tried to mention this to people, and asked them to please try to not have me need to do anything that would strain my back.
Today, I had to carry a 30 pound bag of charcoal up a hill, and carry a small banana tree, that for some utterly arcane reason was planted in a solid, cast-iron planter. I don't even know how much that thing weighed, but if was clearly far heavier than the bag of charcoal.
So after this, I decided that I would spend a nice, long time laying down, and not doing anything.
So naturally, they needed me to immediately go run off and drive halfway across town to get some bread, because they completely forgot it, even though they were reminded approximately 8 times, over the course of the past week.
The thing is, I think it's pretty clear that they are not listening to me.

Another thing, I've mentioned that I very rarely actually talk, and that this is "too much" for the people I'm around, and they say that all I do is complain.
So I've mentioned this to someone I know, that it really bothers me when people say that, when I'm still trying my best to help, despite the pain.

So the advice I got was "Then don't complain."

...I'm seriously wondering as to why I don't just sew my mouth shut, as that seems to be heavily desired.

Also I can't think clearly because of allergies starting up now, but that seems rather minor in comparison.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #73979 on: April 27, 2014, 09:51:39 pm »

-snip-
Wow.
Somebody somewhere should be really f***ing happy that you and I probably live nowhere near each other, because otherwise, somebody would currently have a very good idea of what their internal organs look like.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 4930 4931 [4932] 4933 4934 ... 8156