Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4934 4935 [4936] 4937 4938 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8559335 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #74025 on: April 28, 2014, 02:38:46 pm »

But...they look so delicious!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #74026 on: April 28, 2014, 02:59:26 pm »

Somehow, I've acquired extremely expensive tastes in liquor, furniture, handguns, and food. It's quite depressing to realize how fast I would blow through money if I ever got much.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #74027 on: April 28, 2014, 04:20:41 pm »

Some little kid called me "big-nose" from his parents' car while I walked by. Well. Apparently my nose is noticeably big. Well. That's cool. It's not like I've been walking around in public with my freakishly large nose where everyone can see me for the last couple years. It's not like it's the first thing everyone notices the first time they see me. It's not like I care about how attractive I am in comparison to everyone else. It's not like I evaluate my own self worth by comparing myself to everyone else, who apparently don't have freakishly large noses like I apparently do. Well.

Social Anxiety leveled up!
-1 Self Esteem
-1 Self Confidence

+1 Self Consciousness
+1 Dislike of Annoying Little Kids
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74028 on: April 28, 2014, 04:22:53 pm »

Did you at least call him something in response?
Also, remember: every adult's nose looks big when you're a small child! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #74029 on: April 28, 2014, 04:23:19 pm »

I have an unusual first name. Not a player, but several people in my dorm play League of Legends. So I hear my name being shouted loudly and in rage by about 3 people and come running in to see what the fuck is wrong. Turns out there's a character in that game with the same name as mine, spelling as well.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #74030 on: April 28, 2014, 04:35:45 pm »

Some little kid called me "big-nose" from his parents' car while I walked by. Well. Apparently my nose is noticeably big. Well. That's cool. It's not like I've been walking around in public with my freakishly large nose where everyone can see me for the last couple years. It's not like it's the first thing everyone notices the first time they see me. It's not like I care about how attractive I am in comparison to everyone else. It's not like I evaluate my own self worth by comparing myself to everyone else, who apparently don't have freakishly large noses like I apparently do. Well.

Social Anxiety leveled up!
-1 Self Esteem
-1 Self Confidence

+1 Self Consciousness
+1 Dislike of Annoying Little Kids

D'aww, I'm sure your nose is fine.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #74031 on: April 28, 2014, 04:39:08 pm »

I was sorta too stunned to reply immediately. I was tempted to yell back that he's short, but by then his mom was giving him a stern talking to. She opened the heart-to-heart mother-son lecture with "Hey, what's wrong with you?" So the mom seems cool.

This isn't the first time I got comments like that. In freshman year I had two different classmates from two different classes, who probably didn't even know one another, ask if I was jewish, on the same day. Probably because I was actually doing my stupid piss-easy work in the piss-easy standard level classes full of slackers, but having an overly large nose doesn't help the first impression of being jewish. Which I'm not. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but stereotypes are degrading, you know.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 04:52:04 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74032 on: April 28, 2014, 04:54:22 pm »

I SAW THAT EDIT and chuckled insensitively at it :P

Yeah, I'd always advocate calling a name-caller names in return for their nasty name-calling. Good fun!
Although of course the brat's parents might have objected for some silly reason, who knows.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74033 on: April 28, 2014, 05:20:42 pm »

I was sorta too stunned to reply immediately. I was tempted to yell back that he's short, but by then his mom was giving him a stern talking to. She opened the heart-to-heart mother-son lecture with "Hey, what's wrong with you?" So the mom seems cool.
Well that's easy.
He's a little shit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #74034 on: April 28, 2014, 06:11:19 pm »

This isn't the first time I got comments like that. In freshman year I had two different classmates from two different classes, who probably didn't even know one another, ask if I was jewish, on the same day. Probably because I was actually doing my stupid piss-easy work in the piss-easy standard level classes full of slackers, but having an overly large nose doesn't help the first impression of being jewish. Which I'm not. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but stereotypes are degrading, you know.

Consider channeling Cyrano De Bergerac? Only without the beating the crap out of people

no wait that's probably a terrible idea.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:14:24 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74035 on: April 28, 2014, 06:19:27 pm »

Well that's easy.
He's a little shit.

Rule number one about kids:
They can be dicks more frequently than adults. Probably because they've not long come from one (compared to you, at least)
Not a good rule though: They may be like that because that's what they've been exposed to (or, lacking any discipline or knowledge in that regard) or because they just found it different from what they know.
Adults are different. They are more often than not, expected to know that. :/

...my life is going fairly well, to be honest, but reading this thread always makes me feel guilty. In some bizarre way. Like, "Why is my life going so well when all these people have so much shit to deal with?" I wish I could help all you guys, so much, but I can't.  :'(
I believe its due to the external variables of one's life (ie their environment rather than themselves) which is more of a cause of that...stuff.
Also yeah you can: Advice! :D Morale support!
It'd surprise you how much that can help. Many people believe they're fighting all that stuffs alone, and nobody cares about them... :/
A kind word does wonders for people.

Sad: I'm still mourning the loss of my USB. Had some drawings for friends. Can't replicate them perfectly here. :'(

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74036 on: April 28, 2014, 06:41:15 pm »

Consider channeling Cyrano De Bergerac? Only without the beating the crap out of people

no wait that's probably a terrible idea.
No, no, no. The appropriate thing is to burst into song.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74037 on: April 28, 2014, 06:48:51 pm »

Bursting into song is always a valid option.
Staying Alive and the Pokemon Theme song while commuting are my personal favorites.
The awesomest part is that people sing along
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74038 on: April 28, 2014, 07:03:54 pm »

Updating resume. Completely spacing out on important details such as what the awards I've earned even mean, or the dates of my previous employment.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #74039 on: April 28, 2014, 09:22:02 pm »

Looking at this place again today, I feel like I've started to really outgrow it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 4934 4935 [4936] 4937 4938 ... 8155