Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4935 4936 [4937] 4938 4939 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8558811 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #74040 on: April 28, 2014, 09:27:15 pm »

Bay12?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #74041 on: April 28, 2014, 09:37:27 pm »

Yeah.

To be really, really blunt. I almost feel like I don't get much out of here anymore if I'm sober. Which I have to be now given I'm job hunting.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #74042 on: April 28, 2014, 09:42:35 pm »

I dunno. I'm always sober (okay maybe not, but I'm unable to use keyboards if I'm messed up) and I still have fun around here. Biggest reason is to write things.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74043 on: April 28, 2014, 09:47:23 pm »

When I'm un-sober is pretty much the only time I'm able to have fun in the dreaded meatspace, so you generally don't see too much of me here. :P Gotta make the most of that after all.
As for "out-growing" Bay12, well, at times I feel as though I don't get on too well with a lot of people, but the good outweighs the bad in any case. There aren't too many forums like Bay12 around, that's for sure.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74044 on: April 28, 2014, 09:54:33 pm »

Today is probably the single worst day of my life so far.
I can't even think of where to begin.
I can barely even see anymore.

Even my wife hates me, now. She's joined everyone else, in saying that all I ever do is complain, and says that I just try to make everything about myself. She claims that it's my fault for not working on getting my back taken care of earlier. She won't even look at me.
My twitching has hit an all-time high now. I involuntarily struck myself in the head maybe 5 or 6 times, I don't really remember that well. I think I may have a slight concussion because since then my vision keeps getting blurry, and I nearly fainted a couple times.
The entire day, I had to help my Mother-in-Law move to a new place, which consisted of almost the entire day of hauling around extremely heavy objects, which didn't help my head in the slightest.
I can't even remember half of the stuff that happened today.

I don't know what to do anymore. My head is pounding so hard I can't even think. I can barely even write this. I don't even feel like living anymore.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #74045 on: April 28, 2014, 10:01:23 pm »

Even my wife hates me, now. She's joined everyone else, in saying that all I ever do is complain, and says that I just try to make everything about myself. She claims that it's my fault for not working on getting my back taken care of earlier. She won't even look at me.
My twitching has hit an all-time high now. I involuntarily struck myself in the head maybe 5 or 6 times, I don't really remember that well. I think I may have a slight concussion because since then my vision keeps getting blurry, and I nearly fainted a couple times.
The entire day, I had to help my Mother-in-Law move to a new place, which consisted of almost the entire day of hauling around extremely heavy objects, which didn't help my head in the slightest.

I don't know what to do anymore. My head is pounding so hard I can't even think. I can barely even write this. I don't even feel like living anymore.

I don't know if you'll end up seeing this or not, but get to the nearest hospital immediately. Forget everything else, and worry about paying later.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74046 on: April 28, 2014, 10:02:02 pm »

I don't know if you'll end up seeing this or not, but get to the nearest hospital immediately. Forget everything else, and worry about paying later.
Goddamn Mastahcheese. :-\
Your wife said that? That is really horrible, I hate that people are treating you that way.
I don't have time to write more just now but I needed to give you some sympathy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #74047 on: April 28, 2014, 10:02:29 pm »

^This!
It's FEF, not FEOF

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #74048 on: April 28, 2014, 10:04:40 pm »

^This!
+1
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74049 on: April 28, 2014, 10:10:07 pm »

Looking at this place again today, I feel like I've started to really outgrow it.
If you want to go then you want to go.
There's no need to stay. I mean, people outgrow other people all the time. Socializing and friendship is a pretty dumb concept seeing that sooner or later we will forget each other.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74050 on: April 28, 2014, 10:16:55 pm »

That's a heartless thing to say.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74051 on: April 28, 2014, 10:18:17 pm »

Oh, look, come on. I'd be amazed if I'm still here by the time I'm 20. I'll probably forget all of you by the time I get a job. It's nothing personal. It's just that when it's people on the internet, people don't tend to give a fuck. I mean, I used to, but I don't any more.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74052 on: April 28, 2014, 10:20:53 pm »

...You generalize your viewpoint as a fact, then?
>_> Dear goodness.
It's just that when it's people on the internet, people don't tend to give a fuck. I mean, I used to, but I don't any more.
So you assume it applies with everyone?
'Ooo, internet! People don't give a fuck here!'
Correction: We do.
I mean, unless you don't value people then it'd be easy to forget them--would be an example of the generalization given.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74053 on: April 28, 2014, 10:23:58 pm »

Doesn't change the fact that Janet is moving on from here. If you want to keep talking to her or whatever you can ask for contacts but asking her to stay when she clearly doesn't want to is not how to go about it.

See the thing is when you become one of the older members your friends start to go away whether it be because they got a job or because they got hit by a car or whatever, and while the new members come up to join the rank you just can't get yourself to like them. To you they are boring smartasses who would soon take your good memories of this place and tear it down.

And that is when you leave.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74054 on: April 28, 2014, 10:28:03 pm »

...I never said anything like asking her to stay against her will :v

Also, that 'thing'...doesn't really apply as a generality at all. It doesn't explain quite anything.
See the thing is when you become one of the older members your friends start to go away whether it be because they got a job or because they got hit by a car or whatever, and while the new members come up to join the rank you just can't get yourself to like them. To you they are boring smartasses who would soon take your good memories of this place and tear it down.

And that is when you leave.
But it does state an observation. Something which is quite seemingly true, but mostly on the superficial level. Have you gotten to truly know those people, or just see the schism which they operate in?
Times are changing, yeah--values which people act upon somehow change too :-\ that's a sad thing, but there are still people who aren't in that category you state here (or in the least, your viewpoint is narrowed that it misses out the totality of the people present.)

Though on what you said? I'd still remain and say its heartless if you apply it as a label to everyone on the internet. It's not like we're mirrors of ourselves in reality. On forgetting people: Pretty much if they're not valued by the person forgetting them, or they aren't impacts to your life.
But it'd be a sad day for me if I see everyone just forgetting each other left and right. 'It's not like people matter'.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 10:39:59 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 4935 4936 [4937] 4938 4939 ... 8155