Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4963 4964 [4965] 4966 4967 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8587450 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #74460 on: May 06, 2014, 10:08:08 pm »

I poke my head back in the thread and accidentally find people comforting me. You guys are too nice to random losers on the internet.
>_>
Man, dude. You should really reconsider your principles about yourself as they are wholly unrealistic. Loser? Useless?
Goodness. I'm really serious here in that I guess you may be holding yourself in a state which...puts yourself at others' expectations more than your own (or a measure of your own skill or prowess and such)

Whoever called you a loser anyway? :v

I need to stop worrying so much about everything.
No. Worrying is fine.
Worrying in such a way that it leads to destructive thinking or irrational logic is not fine.
You seem to be judging yourself by extremes. Why is posting what makes you sad here make you whiny, sad or rant-y? Bottling up emotions = catastrophe later on. Apathy is one huge indicator of it.
It seems you wish to leave due to the notion that does not, or ever lead to something bad-but that it may be perceived by others as bad//seeing you as a burden. That's not bad at all. I could say it is noble.

But egoistic? Doesn't seem like it. Doesn't want to grow up? You mentioned to me in PMs that you were willing to change. TO grow. To learn. That doesn't sound like immaturity or someone too complacent to grow in the least. You said it with sincerity.

I've to question that infinite loop: Was there no respite? Clarity or anything to your thoughts?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74461 on: May 06, 2014, 10:10:04 pm »

After finally making a release of my minecraft converter, very few people are interested.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74462 on: May 06, 2014, 10:12:43 pm »

If I had lots of money, I'd retire. No more financial insecurities. I'd probably have my wife invest enough money to keep us comfortably afloat for the rest of our lives, then determine how to best spend the rest on helping others.

The most I could see either of us "splurging" would be buying lots of books, or maybe funding one of our game projects to be more professional. No castles, no maids, no cars, no planes, no yachts. Just comfy living. If we had an absurd amount of cash we might use it for some humanist or environmental cause, since we'd then have the power to actually do something good on a global scale.

After finally making a release of my minecraft converter, very few people are interested.
Might be because no one actually visits the 3rd party tool section of the forums.

If it's any consolation, my wife, who plays minecraft more than I do, thought it interesting.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 10:17:02 pm by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74463 on: May 06, 2014, 10:19:08 pm »

You should link it in your sig, Japa. I didn't even know you released it...  :-\

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #74464 on: May 06, 2014, 10:35:09 pm »

DF <-> Minecraft?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74465 on: May 06, 2014, 10:38:02 pm »

DF <-> Minecraft?
That one, exactly.
I didn't know it was released o_O

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #74466 on: May 06, 2014, 10:46:54 pm »

That's more an issue with the modding forum being dead most of the time anyway.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74467 on: May 06, 2014, 11:09:56 pm »

I'm sure it'll come back to life with the new release :v

It wouldn't surprise me if it went all zombie from a combination of people feeling that there isn't really anything left to do in the current version, Masterwork and co., seeming like "Well there's ALREADY this huge mod, not worth the bother", and people anticipating the new release and thinking "Errrr, not worth the bother if there's gonna be a huge bugger release that screws with my mod, I'll just wait."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74468 on: May 06, 2014, 11:56:35 pm »

You should link it in your sig, Japa. I didn't even know you released it...  :-\
I did now.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74469 on: May 06, 2014, 11:58:39 pm »

God do I feel like an insufferable shit.

What am I even doing at this therapist besides humiliating myself?

I feel so stupid, it's absurd.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74470 on: May 07, 2014, 12:06:18 am »

It...sounds absurd in this context. >.> Why is there even the idea of you humiliating yourself when you're with someone whose profession is to aid you?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #74471 on: May 07, 2014, 12:32:40 am »

Whoever called you a loser anyway? :v

Because 9/10 scientists agree.[/joke]

Spoiler: srs answer (click to show/hide)

tl:dr:tl:dr; I'm a perfectionist who associates achievements with self-worth and by constantly having imperfections and lack of anything I'd consider "achievements" --because all my "achievements" are unrealistic things I can't achieve, mind you-- I am logically worth less as a person than anyone else. Hence my sarcastically calling myself a loser. I called myself a loser.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74472 on: May 07, 2014, 12:39:25 am »

HUZZAH

* LordSlowpoke fwoomps in via ceiling

* LordSlowpoke grabs space cat

except you're not a loser

you're pretty fucking awesome

note that this means a lot, i consider a good 94% of humanity to be not worth measuring for the sake of my sanity

* LordSlowpoke sets space cat down and grabs random trinket

* LordSlowpoke jumps out window

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74473 on: May 07, 2014, 01:12:14 am »

It...sounds absurd in this context. >.> Why is there even the idea of you humiliating yourself when you're with someone whose profession is to aid you?

It just feels like I'm not doing myself any favors. Like I'm wasting my own time and money for the benefit of navel gazing with a spectator, and in the end wind up just confusing the both of us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74474 on: May 07, 2014, 01:30:10 am »

Well, you still have that "Therapists are out to get me/Therapists are useless" attitude, so I guess it's not helping much if you still have such a stereotypical mindset for people who need therapy.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 4963 4964 [4965] 4966 4967 ... 8156