Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4970 4971 [4972] 4973 4974 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8576405 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #74565 on: May 08, 2014, 04:45:46 pm »

Apparently my grandmother is about to die. She had a heart attack, is blind in one eye, and is having trouble keeping food down. She's 91 and pretty frail to start with, so chances are she's not going to last much longer, she apparently says she's had enough and is "ready to die".
That's not really sad. If she has nothing else she wants to do in this life, she might as well move on into the next one.

http://youtu.be/UndHRgDFHc4
I read the title and then was incredibly disappointed upon actually watching the thing.
I really do wonder, why does everybody hate this guy so much?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74566 on: May 08, 2014, 04:49:13 pm »

Oh god.
My friend has cancer ;-;

Ah, shit! What kind?
Lung.
My ex-girlfriend had lung cancer. She kicked its cellular ass.
Tell you friend to not worry. Cancer is a disease, not a death sentence - it can be fought, and with good chances of winning.
Eh, tell that to her still smoking even with this happening.
Quitting would be a great start for her.
I perfectly agree, though that's kind of how she chooses to cope with problems...
Buy her some snuff. It weirds out many people who try it for the first time, but it has almost no health risks (apart from addiction) and gives just as good a kick! /snufftobaccofanboying
E-cigs are also a healthier alternative, as is nicotine gum.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #74567 on: May 08, 2014, 05:19:24 pm »

Wait, what? Don't cats go where they please, and stay away for long periods?

Depends on the cat.
Love, scriver~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #74568 on: May 08, 2014, 05:24:44 pm »

Depends on the cat.

Cats do whatever they please, and this includes following this statement or not.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74569 on: May 08, 2014, 05:36:10 pm »

Someday I'll get an Irish Wolfhound and it'll be the biggest dog to make up for all the dogs I never got to have. But it's a pipe dream for now and the forseeable future.
Just... get a mutt for your first dog. Or two. Or five. Or all of them. They tend to last live longer, have less health problems, and have better personalities than purebreds. I've had both and, well. The mutts have had a better record. Not to say the purebreds did badly -- I've had some excellent ones, over the years -- but the mutts did better on all counts.

... and yeah, condolences to Pnx, especially if the two of you were close. My experience with that situation's getting closer every day, and... well. On the one hand, it's better to go and be at peace than stay and suffer, but losing someone that's been a major and consistent part of your life is, well. No fun, to understate things.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #74570 on: May 08, 2014, 06:15:10 pm »

Depends on the cat.

Cats do whatever they please, and this includes following this statement or not.
But if the cat pleases to not go where it pleases, isn't that a paradox?

Following this would make the universe explode. We all knew cats were capable of it, though. 'Twas only a matter of time. This is how the world ends, not with a bang, but with a mieow.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #74571 on: May 08, 2014, 06:16:32 pm »

Someday I'll get an Irish Wolfhound and it'll be the biggest dog to make up for all the dogs I never got to have. But it's a pipe dream for now and the forseeable future.
Just... get a mutt for your first dog. Or two. Or five. Or all of them. They tend to last live longer, have less health problems, and have better personalities than purebreds. I've had both and, well. The mutts have had a better record. Not to say the purebreds did badly -- I've had some excellent ones, over the years -- but the mutts did better on all counts.

... and yeah, condolences to Pnx, especially if the two of you were close. My experience with that situation's getting closer every day, and... well. On the one hand, it's better to go and be at peace than stay and suffer, but losing someone that's been a major and consistent part of your life is, well. No fun, to understate things.
Hear, hear :(

I do hope my dogs back home are with us for several more years yet. Our german-shepherdish mutt (who has floppy ears and big brow dots that give her a constant happy look) is the sweetest, funniest, most good natured and stubborn creature I have ever known.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74572 on: May 08, 2014, 06:18:58 pm »

Oh god.
My friend has cancer ;-;

Ah, shit! What kind?
Lung.
My ex-girlfriend had lung cancer. She kicked its cellular ass.
Tell you friend to not worry. Cancer is a disease, not a death sentence - it can be fought, and with good chances of winning.
Eh, tell that to her still smoking even with this happening.
Quitting would be a great start for her.
I perfectly agree, though that's kind of how she chooses to cope with problems...
I mean, there are other ways of coping without adding to the problem.

I wouldn't cut my wrist to cope with having diabetes, for example.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74573 on: May 08, 2014, 06:24:27 pm »

Most likely will, unless I'm extremely lucky with future living arrangements. IWs are my dream dogs but they're notoriously short-lived and take a lot of...everything. Space, food, money.

Apart from that, though, I'd take a beautiful mutt over any other purebred breed.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #74574 on: May 08, 2014, 06:28:43 pm »

And you can usually find one at the pound. Pound puppies are often best puppies.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74575 on: May 08, 2014, 06:40:41 pm »

Why do things that make other people sad not make me sad? In fact not much at all makes me sad.
It makes me feel like I'm failing at being human in some way. Except just about everything else about me points to me being human, but I cannot be sad. The last time I cried from emotions must have been over 7 years ago. And that's only a bit under half how long I've been alive total.

Actually given how often I've whinged about this, the only thing that really bothers me is what my emotions are. Metaemotions?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74576 on: May 08, 2014, 06:52:10 pm »

So I might have neglected to mention my parents are currently overseas... Well my mother apparently decided to react to her husband's mother being about to die by flipping out, attacking him, and kicking him out of their hotel room. *sigh*

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #74577 on: May 08, 2014, 06:56:01 pm »

So I might have neglected to mention my parents are currently overseas... Well my mother apparently decided to react to her husband's mother being about to die by flipping out, attacking him, and kicking him out of their hotel room. *sigh*

...what the...??
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74578 on: May 08, 2014, 06:58:28 pm »

...what the...??
If you're surprised by this, you must not read my sad thread posts very often.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #74579 on: May 08, 2014, 07:03:28 pm »

There are thousands of other ways other than smoking [of any kind of substance], drugs or any such thing which is obviously negative.

Does she know of the repercussions of smoking?
Yeah, she chooses to smoke weed all the time, though.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!
Pages: 1 ... 4970 4971 [4972] 4973 4974 ... 8156