Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4973 4974 [4975] 4976 4977 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8550708 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #74610 on: May 09, 2014, 11:50:53 am »

Morphine is pretty bad, but it's the fastest acting painkiller out there. Vicodin is pretty potent, but it takes a little while to kick in.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #74611 on: May 09, 2014, 12:29:25 pm »

Morphine is pretty bad, but it's the fastest acting painkiller out there. Vicodin is pretty potent, but it takes a little while to kick in.

What about Heroin? I am sure it passes the blood-brain barrier easier, and that it's sometimes used as a painkiller. Is it faster too, then? Not saying it should be used, merely curious.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #74612 on: May 09, 2014, 12:36:01 pm »

Also: Last day of high school. This just feels so wrong. This stuff is supposed to be ages away but it isn't.
The fact that you are sad about this makes me extremely jealous. I feel like if my remaining 3 years in high school are as crappy as this one I might go absolutely insane.

I don't mean in terms of grades. In fact, I've always gotten good grades. Before this year, 5th grade was my most miserable school year, and that was a long time ago. Now it's this year, on account of the teachers being completely disagreeable, and refuse to act like they care about anything. It seemed nobody else was ever paying attention, and I had only a few times in the entire year where I could raise my hand and speak without being interrupted. Went the entire year without having an actual conversation because nobody here is capable of listening. I was told the older students would be a crowd to look up to, but I eventually ended up looking away from them as they looked down at me, on account of the fact that they were extremely disrespectful and refused to help us in any way that they were supposed to. Teachers didn't care, and continued acting like everything was fine.

...Ugh, now I'm sad.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74613 on: May 09, 2014, 12:48:07 pm »

Trying to move between apartments. Average of less than five hours of sleep a night for the past two weeks. So. Tired.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #74614 on: May 09, 2014, 12:54:20 pm »

Also: Last day of high school. This just feels so wrong. This stuff is supposed to be ages away but it isn't.
Everything I've experienced leads to one small conclusion, your perception is that time speeds up as you get older. I remember back in grade school where it seemed like it could take forever for a single month to go by. Now that I'm in college it seems like semesters go by in the same time as one month used to.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74615 on: May 09, 2014, 05:13:01 pm »

Well, out of the hospital, and over at the library for a couple minutes.
Luckily it's nothing insane like appendicitis, but I've got to drink a bottle of Magnesium Citrate, now, so wooo~~
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #74616 on: May 09, 2014, 05:20:10 pm »

Luckily it's nothing insane like appendicitis, but I've got to drink a bottle of Magnesium Citrate, now, so pooo~~
FTFY

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74617 on: May 09, 2014, 05:21:25 pm »

I think I ceased to care about character deaths by the end of Clash of Kings. I do remember feeling kind of depressed about the pile of injustices on Tyrion though.
Darkness induced audience apathy is another thing that ASoIaF is infamous for. Just like real life: you see enough people die, you become desensitized and stop caring.
Well, imo the whole point of the series isn't worrying over who will die. It's more of enjoying the politics and drama. I mean, I like the Lannisters, but I wouldn't care if they all die somehow.

Luckily it's nothing insane like appendicitis, but I've got to drink a bottle of Magnesium Citrate, now, so wooo~~
Is it those metallic milky thing?
I hate drinking those. They trigger my gag reflex.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74618 on: May 09, 2014, 05:22:28 pm »

Luckily it's nothing insane like appendicitis, but I've got to drink a bottle of Magnesium Citrate, now, so pooo~~
FTFY
Indeed, good sir.
I haven't had to drink any yet, but once I leave the library (Which I should actually do about now) then I'll have to once I get home.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74619 on: May 09, 2014, 08:27:57 pm »

What about Heroin? I am sure it passes the blood-brain barrier easier, and that it's sometimes used as a painkiller. Is it faster too, then? Not saying it should be used, merely curious.
Doesn't morphine have the chemicals heroin has, just in a lower concentration or something?

Heroin is dimorphine or something like that. It's somewhat more toxic, and users claim it cause a greater high than normal morphine, but otherwise it's pretty much the same thing but deadlier. That's how I understand it, at least.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #74620 on: May 09, 2014, 08:41:37 pm »

Fortunately, I've finally gotten up the courage to ask out my crush! Unfortunately, he's not interested in guys.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74621 on: May 09, 2014, 08:53:19 pm »

Fortunately, I've finally gotten up the courage to ask out my crush! Unfortunately, he's not interested in guys.
* kaijyuu solemnly pats.

You still did the right thing. Now the moving on begins. And the fantasizing about other men.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74622 on: May 09, 2014, 09:56:19 pm »

Be advised that last bit never stops.

which is great

mmm men

just try and find a non-jealous guy who won't be all "hey don't fantasize" because shit ain't cool man, it's a fantasy get over yourself

he should also also not be a douchebag (whatever flavour of douchebag is douchey to you, avoid that)

they're hard to find

hence the fantasizing
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

firefaux

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74623 on: May 09, 2014, 10:07:55 pm »

This is the first time that a pet's death has affected me this much.

Mind, he isn't actually dead yet, but the signs are there. He's old, we all expect it, but still...

This cat wasn't even mine really, it was my stepsister's, she moved out and the cat stayed here.

He would bite without provocation sometimes, and I didn't like him at all at first.

I've had a multitude of pets, and none of them dying was this harsh.

Maybe it's because I'm witnessing his slow decline, all the rest were relatively sudden.

It's just so hard to watch.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #74624 on: May 09, 2014, 10:27:01 pm »

* kaijyuu solemnly pats.

You still did the right thing. Now the moving on begins. And the fantasizing about other men.
This reminded me that it's been a while since I've had a proper crush on anybody. There's one girl at work who seems like she might be interesting, but I don't even know, man.

This is the first time that a pet's death has affected me this much.

Mind, he isn't actually dead yet, but the signs are there. He's old, we all expect it, but still...

This cat wasn't even mine really, it was my stepsister's, she moved out and the cat stayed here.

He would bite without provocation sometimes, and I didn't like him at all at first.

I've had a multitude of pets, and none of them dying was this harsh.

Maybe it's because I'm witnessing his slow decline, all the rest were relatively sudden.

It's just so hard to watch.
Man, loosing cats is hard, and it never seems to get easier. If you can, try to be there with him when he goes.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 4973 4974 [4975] 4976 4977 ... 8155