Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4974 4975 [4976] 4977 4978 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8550598 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #74625 on: May 09, 2014, 10:33:26 pm »

This reminded me that it's been a while since I've had a proper crush on anybody. There's one girl at work who seems like she might be interesting, but I don't even know, man.
Take her out on a date or two. Then you'll know. You might want to run away screaming but hey, if that happens you won't have wasted a crush on her.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #74626 on: May 09, 2014, 10:52:41 pm »

This reminded me that it's been a while since I've had a proper crush on anybody. There's one girl at work who seems like she might be interesting, but I don't even know, man.
Take her out on a date or two. Then you'll know. You might want to run away screaming but hey, if that happens you won't have wasted a crush on her.
I think I might be misunderstanding you, but what I'm saying is I'm not actually even crushing on her. I think I'm just mostly feeling lonely lately, and I think she might be nerdy in some way (I'm mostly just going by looks with this, since I've barely talked to her at all), so it might just be a case me just going, "eh, good enough."

Plus there's the fact that I've never actually asked anyone out before.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74627 on: May 09, 2014, 11:08:38 pm »

I warn people all the time that if they have a crush on someone, that means they should've asked said person out long ago. Dating is for experimentation; finding out if you like someone. Dating isn't an end but a means. If you've determined you like someone but aren't in anything resembling a relationship with them, problems very often arise.

Maybe you're just lonely and desperate. Maybe not. Test the waters, so to speak.

Also there's a first time for everything :)
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74628 on: May 10, 2014, 02:32:41 am »

Personally I think that if that person didn't ask me out, then they probably wouldn't react favorably to me asking them out.
But hey, I guess things won't work if everyone was like that.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #74629 on: May 10, 2014, 03:50:00 am »

Personally I think that if that person didn't ask me out, then they probably wouldn't react favorably to me asking them out.
If 'things' is 'the end of humanity', then yes yes it does.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74630 on: May 10, 2014, 03:56:04 am »

Arranged marriage and marrying people you don't love are still options.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #74631 on: May 10, 2014, 04:46:48 am »

Arranged marriage and marrying people you don't love are still options.

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #74632 on: May 10, 2014, 06:16:15 am »

Usually, though certainly not all the time, the girl likes the boy to ask them out, and won't ask themselves.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74633 on: May 10, 2014, 06:21:08 am »

Usually, though certainly not all the time, the girl likes the boy to ask them out, and won't ask themselves.
I suppose the situation gets worse when it's a boy asking another boy out. Not that it really matters for me since I'm in the "Nobody deserve me and they can go bugger themselves even if they ask me out" phase.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 06:23:38 am by Objective »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74634 on: May 10, 2014, 06:25:16 am »

Their loss.

This is a gender role/attitude/etc that only hurts the people who don't take the initiative.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74635 on: May 10, 2014, 06:33:32 am »

Perhaps. but if it really hurt, I'm sure initiative would be taken. It's mainly just a vague idea of "if that boy asked me out, I think I'd say yes." Though there are those who are hurt by it, and they'd be better off working up the guts to simply ask. That's what my brother's girlfriend did.

I don't see any problem in who takes initiative, I'm just saying what the trend is.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74636 on: May 10, 2014, 10:00:27 am »

It's what my wife did too. And now she's got me in her claws :D

As a personal aside, I'll say that if someone was interested in me and failed to approach me, I'd see that as a reason to not date them. Especially if they failed to approach me due to conforming to gender roles (though far less so if they were just timid/shy). If they carry gender role expectations of themselves they probably would of me.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74637 on: May 10, 2014, 11:39:31 am »

I just hate myself. I think I just have fit too tightly into this miserable mold of my life, and anyone else placed into my shoes would've just killed themselves a long time ago and saved themselves the trouble.

Though really this is just one of my moods again, I'm going to sleep soon.

In recent news, I'm squaring and corning myself into an objective this time, something to aim my aimless life at, and that's to actually break out into a residence of my own. Though the idea is still scary, and I'm not sure what I'd do from there, it's the idea of adding arbitrary elements into my life to potentially give it meaning.

This is going to be an expensive endeavor, I'm looking for a possible roommate, but the idea of rooming with a stranger is terrifying. Just terrifying, but it's not like I have anyone else. Every person is just a new bundle of problems wrapped in flesh, and I know they have an inalienably greater right to personhood than I do. That's the painful part of even being in public, I know everyone else stands on a greater terrace than I do, just looking people in the eye feels dishonest on my part, like I'm simply pretending to be an equal in this terrible society.

I'm utterly disgusted with myself for telling my therapist that I wanted to kill myself, but it was just the simplest explanation for my feelings. I could have worded it better, something along the lines of just objectively feeling my life is worthless, and that such a life has no value in the world, and thus it doesn't matter whether I'm existing or not, and therefore I'd prefer to not exist. It's hard to articulate that into words though, when someone's speaking to you, and I didn't even think to properly write it down, when I WAS writing things down. Just disgusting, just insufferable, it's been biting at my conscience all week. I'll have to make reparations.

I'm off to bed now. I have work again tonight. It's a lonely and isolating job, like all other aspects of my life, but I guess someone has to do it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74638 on: May 10, 2014, 12:27:48 pm »

I physically don't have enough time to revise. Tuesday, first exam. Four essays, including scholarly quotes, to be memorised, each three-four pages long and with 35 minutes each.

I am rather screwed.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #74639 on: May 10, 2014, 12:51:40 pm »

Times and people change, I guess. Even online, where there's sort of an illusion that they don't.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 4974 4975 [4976] 4977 4978 ... 8155