Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4978 4979 [4980] 4981 4982 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8635698 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #74685 on: May 11, 2014, 06:09:22 pm »

I wouldn't say it takes a whole minute to write 'seconded'.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74686 on: May 11, 2014, 06:20:17 pm »

Sometimes people type their posts while they are in the middle of another activity.  Sometimes they are interrupted by something that needs immediate attention.

Besides that, 'seconded' is not a demand for groveling, it's a statement of agreement.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74687 on: May 11, 2014, 06:23:31 pm »

I question if you'd legitimately respond to the statement 'man up' with physical violence.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74688 on: May 11, 2014, 06:27:57 pm »

I question if you'd legitimately respond to the statement 'man up' with physical violence.
I've a funny story for that :P But you should probably woman up to understand it.

;p
Re: Things that made you sad today thread: In which gender-related ideas are debated \o/

Sad: Exam time~ and less than 3 weeks since last exam.
Cue tons of work being pulled, and little work able for hobbies.
And said hobbies have people clamoring for 'now now now' D:
x_x

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #74689 on: May 11, 2014, 06:40:34 pm »

I'm going to object to the term "grovelling" being used in relation to me. I think it has negative connotations far beyond that of "man up."

And don't let exam time get to you, Tiruin. I suggest copious amount of music, which is how I usually get from day to day in a happy, cheerful mood. Unless I don't have time, which tends to happen around exam time. Maybe you'll have more time than me though, given you're in a different country and I don't know the importance of the exams you're sitting. All the best in them, in an case.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74690 on: May 11, 2014, 07:10:31 pm »

Only if we still get to use the term "ninja" in relation to you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #74691 on: May 11, 2014, 07:16:00 pm »

Sure, knock yourself out.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74692 on: May 11, 2014, 09:12:42 pm »

-stuff-

I didn't have time to respond to this earlier, but I just want to say: no matter your doubts, go ahead with the 'moving out' thing.
Even if the place you move to doesn't seem ideal, just gaining that independence will be an incredibly healthy experience for you. I used to feel a lot like you do now, I lived at home with my mother under a constant barrage of annoyances from her, I was terribly depressed and basically a complete failure in every way.
Somehow, somehow I managed to find the courage to move out.
Sure, that didn't really work out as well as I'd planned; I never got a job or started studying and I ended up getting sick of my housemates, but I just felt so much better about myself having that freedom and knowing I could stand on my own two feet. Albeit with unemployment pay as a crutch.

So, yeah: go for it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74693 on: May 11, 2014, 11:15:58 pm »

It makes me sad that a hindu symbol of good luck and general auspiciousness is viewed by most of the western world as a symbol of evil because some german political party used it as their symbol.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74694 on: May 11, 2014, 11:28:41 pm »

It makes me sad that a hindu symbol of good luck and general auspiciousness is viewed by most of the western world as a symbol of evil because some german political party used it as their symbol.
'Tis more about what they're initially exposed to, sadly. :/ Most do not know that it is a good symbol, and rather attach it to the idea or imagery of that party, and its figurehead (and thus the evils done)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74695 on: May 11, 2014, 11:49:39 pm »

'Tis more about what they're initially exposed to, sadly. :/ Most do not know that it is a good symbol, and rather attach it to the idea or imagery of that party, and its figurehead (and thus the evils done)
I thought I heard that it wasn't even the same symbol, exactly. The German political party in question switched the direction of the arms, or something.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74696 on: May 11, 2014, 11:59:48 pm »

The one in use in India has arms in the same direction. Christians used to use a reversed one, that some may be more familiar with.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #74697 on: May 12, 2014, 12:21:56 am »

For proof of this, find a Kipling book published before 1935 or so. There's always an extremely prominent swastika on the first page (the normally blank page before the title page) and/or embossed on the cover. It is exactly the same as the more familiar version. The "reversed arms" thing is mostly a revisionist attempt to redeem the symbol as much as possible in the eyes of the Western world.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74698 on: May 12, 2014, 12:30:19 am »

Gf just broke up with me. Her reasons were she didn't want to loose me, she didn't want us to both be hurt in the end, she's emotionally restrained, we're too close as friends to be more then that, and when I tried doing anything that involved touching her, I reminded her of someone that hurt her because I look like him and apparently act like he did before he hurt her. I think gods are cruel, because here is this beautiful, smart, kind, strong and loving person who would give everything to make someone else's life fine, and thinks and acts similar to me, only to get told by her the above things, and then some. The worst part: I'm 100% certain she is the only woman who can:
a) put up with me
b) understand how I feel/think
c) not hate me for being loyal and protective of those I care about
d) not abuse my kindness

The gods gave me a Valkyrie and said "no you can't have her" :'( Let Odin smite me for damning myself for believing still I could've done something to fix it all, but I can't, I couldn't have, and its done... The hard part is moving on... 2.5 years of being single and slapped in the face with the strong and sturdy relationships of others, my father's perverted and inhuman views of me and women, and my good friend rubbing in my face he has the perfect GF and then having this amazing woman for 3 weeks (I've known her for longer mind you) despite the fact she was uncomfortable with a lot that I was doing (holding her hand, hugging, cuddling, etc.) I was happy. I had someone who could deal with how bad of a person I am, and not judge me or abuse me for it. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be with anyone for a long while; she was the only woman who can put up with me as I said before...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74699 on: May 12, 2014, 12:37:01 am »

That's really harsh and I'm really sorry to hear about that. :(

On behalf of the bay12 community we are here for you buddy if you need us.
Pages: 1 ... 4978 4979 [4980] 4981 4982 ... 8156