Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5025 5026 [5027] 5028 5029 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8577383 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75390 on: May 25, 2014, 11:00:32 pm »

* Objective hugs Skyru

I'm sorry to hear that. I suppose that it'd be pretty stressful in an environment where you need to be better than everyone to be considered.

I can't really offer an advice because I can't compete with Koreans either.

EDIT: Ontopic sad: I feel like "friends" are a fake concept to use on online interactions. Sooner or later they decide that you're not important to them at all and they move to greener pastures. Isn't it ironic that the technology built to help people connect and communicate more easily also makes it seem more normal to abandon people and dehumanize the people you talk to, making them just mere entertainment?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 11:06:20 pm by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #75391 on: May 25, 2014, 11:22:39 pm »

...Well, I don't dehumanise anyone I talk to online, and when I call someone a friend I mean it.

That's rather cynical, Objective, and doesn't fit a number of people on here at all.

In fact, quite the contrary to what you believe, the internet is a social life line to those who desperately need it a lot of the time.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #75392 on: May 25, 2014, 11:29:17 pm »

I've known and been closer to people here for longer than many people I've known in real life. Probably because people here are accessible wherever and whenever I have access to a device.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #75393 on: May 25, 2014, 11:35:03 pm »

How does one tell if sads are honest or not? I've never really noticed "fishing", myself.
It's not like you gain much from fishing anyway. About the same as you might gain from posting a real sad feels: comforting words from people off the internet who you may or may not even know in meat space. In a similar vein, you gain nothing really from knowing whether a sad post from some stranger on the internet is real or not. So why care in the first place.

EDIT: Ontopic sad: I feel like "friends" are a fake concept to use on online interactions. Sooner or later they decide that you're not important to them at all and they move to greener pastures. Isn't it ironic that the technology built to help people connect and communicate more easily also makes it seem more normal to abandon people and dehumanize the people you talk to, making them just mere entertainment?
I don't know anyone on these forums in real life, as far as I know. None of you know me, really. From what I know of most of you, you seem like cool people, although maybe you're all secretly lizardmen or mantises or everyone's actually Descan. I wouldn't rank any of you "friends" in the same way as I consider meat space friends as "friends" but I still respect you all as people and generally wish you all good feelings. Which is also how I feel towards real life friends and acquaintances.

That being said, due to some anonymity and the potential requirements of real life taking priority over internet stuff, it's likely that given a choice over real life or internet, a person would choose real life and "move on".

Or their interests would change and they'd "move on."

Or they'd feel too guilty from making an ass of themselves all the time and burdening everyone with their nonsensical and unimportant opinions while contributing nothing to the online community and silently slink off into the night and "move on."

It doesn't change how the forum and interactions with the forumgoers had at least some impact on their lives.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #75394 on: May 25, 2014, 11:40:20 pm »

Sometimes I come into this thread and am either saddened at the state of lives or horrified at tragic events. Unfortunately I am far more often annoyed at angst, worried about attempted suicide or sickened because of fishing.

Hans, you've made me feel humbled and it's a rare gift this thread gives me which is probably why I keep coming back here.
Thank you

Don't fuckin' thank me. Tell me you care, because I come here for a goddamned reason. Because we all feel that way sometimes, and we all need that little light. I don't care if people are just fishing or not, they might need that little bit of worthless attention you are giving them.

She had to hug me when she left. And she couldn't do like the others. She couldn't give me that distant, get-away hug. No, she hugged me, and as she went to pull back... She stopped, and fucking really hugged me.
I cannot put it to words. I can't. If I do, it will be true, and if it's true... Then things are about to get really, really goddamned difficult. I can't.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75395 on: May 25, 2014, 11:41:31 pm »

That's rather cynical, Objective, and doesn't fit a number of people on here at all.

In fact, quite the contrary to what you believe, the internet is a social life line to those who desperately need it a lot of the time.

except that someone who also uses it as a "social life line" will tell you that yes

Sooner or later they decide that you're not important to them at all and they move to greener pastures.

this is true

but then, the nature of interaction makes it easier to do than meatspace, so what the fuck do you expect

at least the internet has a lesser dosage of cunts

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #75396 on: May 25, 2014, 11:43:14 pm »

at least the internet Bay12 has a lesser dosage of cunts

FTFY, unless you're talking about a different internet to the one I know.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75397 on: May 25, 2014, 11:44:47 pm »

at least the internet Bay12 has a lesser dosage of cunts

FTFY, unless you're talking about a different internet to the one I know.

no, i think we're speaking of different meatspaces instead

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75398 on: May 25, 2014, 11:45:15 pm »

I may not say it much anymore, but I care. I've read every post in this thread, and empathize with as many as I can.

Hans, dudebro, let it be what it is. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, well, it doesn't. You get the opportunity to make some memories and move forward. You can always make things a little easier if you simplify them. I know that it's easy for me to say, but I've been there. The thing is, the "bad" outcome of the last time I was in that position was one of the best things that could have ever happened to me, because I dodged a serious bullet (even though I wound up with my ex-wife. Can't dodge them all, I suppose.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75399 on: May 25, 2014, 11:56:08 pm »

It's so goddamned difficult. Why couldn't it just be easy, just this once?

I guess you are right though. I keep trying to just accept things as they are and move forward in my daily life, which is working for the most part. So far.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75400 on: May 25, 2014, 11:57:06 pm »

everyone's actually Descan.
That would be crazy.

>____>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #75401 on: May 25, 2014, 11:57:49 pm »

Unfortunately I am far more often annoyed at angst, worried about attempted suicide or sickened because of fishing

My bad.

Except the fishing part. Honestly the only reason I post sads in the thread is because that's what the thread is for. I'm just making the thread a bit bigger. The thought that people I never met actually being worried or caring about me makes me uncomfortable. Like, there's more important things to care about than me, y'know.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75402 on: May 25, 2014, 11:58:53 pm »

Yeah, but I choose to care about you.
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75403 on: May 25, 2014, 11:59:55 pm »

Okay, I made a joke about it, but am I really notable enough to be used in a context I have very little to do with (okay, except for the whole "everybody has a Descan avatar" from a few weeks back, BUT THAT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT YOU GUIZ), in a thread I haven't posted in for a few pages?

Especially where a "everybody is pathos" joke is historically... almost mandatory?

This feeling... This heady feeling of fame and wonder. Quick, someone tell me I'm a cunt or I'll get all arrogant and invade Crimea!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75404 on: May 26, 2014, 12:01:24 am »

Unfortunately I am far more often annoyed at angst, worried about attempted suicide or sickened because of fishing

My bad.

Except the fishing part. Honestly the only reason I post sads in the thread is because that's what the thread is for. I'm just making the thread a bit bigger. The thought that people I never met actually being worried or caring about me makes me uncomfortable. Like, there's more important things to care about than me, y'know.

if that's true then i don't have important things in my life you wholebreed donk

because i give one and quarter a shit about these here sads of yours

Quick, someone tell me I'm a cunt or I'll get all arrogant and invade Crimea!

yer a cunt, pathos
Pages: 1 ... 5025 5026 [5027] 5028 5029 ... 8156