Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5118 5119 [5120] 5121 5122 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8620221 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #76785 on: June 15, 2014, 04:26:25 pm »

Wow, I was right to an extent actually. Ended up ESFP when I took it again.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #76786 on: June 15, 2014, 04:26:52 pm »

I only learn names of people I interact with regularly.  Not an INTJ.

Yeah, I meant more that for INTJ people it seems like much more of a conscious, thought-through decision. Not that all the other types are ippy-dippy sunflower children who never fight and know the name of every snowflake, though it sometimes feels that way :P

Hmm... it's interesting to try and imagine that as a conscious decision.  At this point, you guys are making it sound like managing hard drive space.  For me, the event of thinking about that decision would seal it in my head.

I seem to move between INTP (with very slight preference for T) and INFP (again, with very slight preference for F)

Neat.  That's exactly the same as me.  Don't think I've ever met anyone else who was like that.  The descriptions of INTP and INFP taken as a whole both fit me equally well.

Me:

I:  80-90%
N: 100%
F: 0-5%
P: 100%
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:29:40 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #76787 on: June 15, 2014, 04:28:41 pm »

People's faces, on the other hand...
Bodies and movement/behavioral patterns, for me. And voices, I guess. I'm terrible with names because they're mostly useless for actual personal interaction, and terrible with faces because eye contact gives me headache so I tend to not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76788 on: June 15, 2014, 04:30:28 pm »

Wow, I was right to an extent actually. Ended up ESFP when I took it again.
My understanding is that E/I shifts are fairly common when a person is trying to change things in their life, and the most common letter changed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #76789 on: June 15, 2014, 04:36:27 pm »

Well I can say at the very least I think it was the change I needed to make to deal with my off and on depression. I can't understand how I let myself be such a shut in before now.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76790 on: June 15, 2014, 04:38:18 pm »

I can't understand how I let myself be such a shut in before now.
Because it's really easy. Trust me you're talking to an expert.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76791 on: June 15, 2014, 04:41:35 pm »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:16:52 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #76792 on: June 15, 2014, 04:42:20 pm »

I find I tend to remember faces rather than names, though I find the trick of repeating someone's name 3 times helps when I remember to do it xD Otherwise, I just wait for someone else to say that persons name whilst craftily avoiding saying their name. Which is not that difficult, because in truth using someone's name isn't that common a thing in most conversations :)

Anyway, sad...sad sad sad. Well, need to get a job soon. Just got back from University like yesterday and my dad has already mentioned that fact. Several times. But the next Tech event in the city I know of is the start of next month, and that's the best chance I have of getting a good job since I can actually talk to people, get cards for companies to send CVs to etc. I know the guy running it too, which helps.

Though until I do get a job, back living with the parents. *sigh* Four years of university and I'm right back where I started, just hopefully with a degree and a year of work experience xD I can see why some get depressed at this time.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:48:45 pm by MorleyDev »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #76793 on: June 15, 2014, 04:43:04 pm »

-snip-
Truth be told, given the sudden burst of mutes and stuff, I was half expecting a ban to head his way, sooner or later.

Anyways, whilst I'm happy I have a job, I only have a few more days of 100% freedom! D:
Make the most of them! See the world! Go out! See new st....

You're gonna play on your laptop for a few days, aren't you? :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #76794 on: June 15, 2014, 04:43:47 pm »

Apparently I'm ISTP.
Last time (and every time before that) I did the test I was INTJ.

Meh.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #76795 on: June 15, 2014, 04:45:28 pm »

Well I can say at the very least I think it was the change I needed to make to deal with my off and on depression. I can't understand how I let myself be such a shut in before now.
Good on you!

I would stay neutral on the issue, but there's so much GWG-dissin' going on I actually feel somewhat obligated to say something.
Him being banned makes me legitimately sad. Maybe because I have experience in tolerating people's neuroses, or maybe because I only ever got into one argument with him, but still. Bay12 won't be the same without him (I am aware that this is neither a positive or a negative statement), and I'm gonna miss his posts. I don't know if he is aware of this, but GWG was mah homeboy. My very unilateral homeboy, but a homeboy all the same. That's it, all personnel back to their posts, yada yada.
Even if you didn't know him GWG was your homie. I had some pretty heartfelt conversations with him about his games at times. He was a good dude at heart.

---

What the heck is all this four letter stuff stuff?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #76796 on: June 15, 2014, 04:47:18 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78290.0

Do the test on the OP. I put what they mean in the latest post.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #76797 on: June 15, 2014, 04:52:12 pm »

At this point, you guys are making it sound like managing hard drive space.

-snip-

That's really interesting.  I suppose I would find that level of devotion exhausting, too.  I am very casual and spontaneous in my relationships with people.  I don't reserve myself for the people I feel closest to.  I reach out to people when it looks like they need it, even if I don't like them or don't know them very well.  I also hate planning events, and am very passive about seeking out socialization.  I can go for a couple years without communicating with someone I'm very close to, and will know but not feel like such a gap happened at all.  I'll talk to them like I saw them yesterday.

I can totally understand how my social behaviors are frustrating for a lot of people :P   My saving grace is I'm very attentive and genuine with anyone that I do find myself spending time with.  And I think a lot of my social attitudes are from experience more than type, having spent most of my life severely isolated and distanced from everyone around me for various reasons and growing used to being that way.

Neat.  That's exactly the same as me.  Don't think I've ever met anyone else who was like that.

If I remember correctly, Soli is, too.

Not too surprised.  I can definitely see it, and always felt a kindred spirit with him, even though I don't know him outside of his forum posts.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:54:12 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #76798 on: June 15, 2014, 04:53:02 pm »

Myers-Briggs typology, one of the more, relatively, reliable personality tests, although not without its flaws in many cases, especially the Introvert/Extrovert axis which can be influenced by questions very easily and impacts how the remainder is interpreted.

Re: names, I suck at remembering names of random people, but I find it very easy to do so if the person is... relevant? I wouldn't say 'interesting' or 'worthwhile' because not only this would be insulting to a ton of people who didn't deserve it, it'd also be inaccurate, but casual acquaintances? Off to the memory-dump you go, and no, you don't have a say in it, scrdest, COMMENCE THE ERASURE! Someone I could talk on a regular basis? No problem.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76799 on: June 15, 2014, 04:56:12 pm »

Sometimes I forget you exist, scrdest. I don't mean like I think of other people on the board and you just fall through the cracks, I mean I look at your post and go "This dude, is he new-... Oh, him again! Hi!"

:v

I don't think about the people on the board. Mostly just Daryll if I think about anyone at all, and that's only because he's a cutiebutt. AFAIK he is not on the board.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 5118 5119 [5120] 5121 5122 ... 8156