Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5128 5129 [5130] 5131 5132 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8558417 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #76935 on: June 17, 2014, 10:08:16 am »

This is going to end one way or another.
...What exactly do you mean? Because this sounds like some serious Columbine-level shit. Or a suicide threat, more likely.
There's nothing similar to Columbine or suicide, I'm just tired of this, and I'm not putting up with it anymore.

It doesn't mean I'm insane.

Ninja'd by GiglyD.
You can do it mastah! Just keep your head cool and you'll be fine.

I'm here on vacation in [insert faraway location here],with my uncle and my mom. My parents are in the process of being divorced. My uncle on my mother's side just called my dad, and told him she was on drugs. My dad drove all the way from home. and.

He tried to kidnap me and my little sister, and force us into his car. The police got involved, and right now I'm in a cheap hotel room with my mom.
That sounds really... fucked up. Your dad got any history with pulling this kind of stunts before, or was he just overeacting?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76936 on: June 17, 2014, 10:10:05 am »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76937 on: June 17, 2014, 10:42:52 am »

I'm here on vacation in [insert faraway location here],with my uncle and my mom. My parents are in the process of being divorced. My uncle on my mother's side just called my dad, and told him she was on drugs. My dad drove all the way from home. and.

He tried to kidnap me and my little sister, and force us into his car. The police got involved, and right now I'm in a cheap hotel room with my mom.
If I were the father... and if I considered the Uncle trustworthy - I'm not sure I wouldn't do the same. But there's obviously a lot of 'ifs' there. If your mother is generally a sane, rational lady and a good parent, and not at all on drugs, then your dad is worrying.
Otherwise I could definitely see a father who loved his kids doing anything to get them away from what he perceived to be a dangerous influence, and nearly committing a crime in the process.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76940 on: June 17, 2014, 11:30:54 am »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:21:07 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76941 on: June 17, 2014, 11:41:07 am »

If I were the father... and if I considered the Uncle trustworthy - I'm not sure I wouldn't do the same. But there's obviously a lot of 'ifs' there. If your mother is generally a sane, rational lady and a good parent, and not at all on drugs, then your dad is worrying.
Otherwise I could definitely see a father who loved his kids doing anything to get them away from what he perceived to be a dangerous influence, and nearly committing a crime in the process.

Yeah, I can definitely see why a father might want to keep his kids away from someone he might think is a potential danger to them, even if he has to take drastic action. Even if he actions were unacceptable, he had the right motives, I guess.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76942 on: June 17, 2014, 12:19:10 pm »

I found out that my work is about to stop selling pancakes soon, which is really upsetting because it's one of the few things I actually like. 
Also I feel for you, Vector, I keep getting woke up last night by wierd dreams, I ended up getting practically no sleep.
Also holy crap it is absurdly hot here.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #76943 on: June 17, 2014, 01:49:58 pm »

Locked out of the house in the summer sun. Yay~
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76944 on: June 17, 2014, 02:27:44 pm »

Locked out of the house in the summer sun. Yay~

Break in through an unlocked window? Screens are amazingly easy to pop off.

I've had to do it a few times, in a few different living situations because I left my key somewhere else.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #76945 on: June 17, 2014, 02:32:14 pm »

Problem is we only got throes really tough plasticky windows and most are on the second floor.
I ain't no Spider-Man, either. Oh well
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76946 on: June 17, 2014, 03:47:56 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:21:04 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76947 on: June 17, 2014, 03:59:59 pm »

Maybe try making something simpler, at least until you feel more confident?
Keep in mind I can't cook, despite working as one. :P
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #76948 on: June 17, 2014, 06:10:44 pm »

Lease ends 3 days sooner than I thought. Sheeeeeeeyit. That complicates things. Kind of a lot. I had planned to spend the 29th, 30th, and 31st doing the actual move-out, since my last scheduled day of work is the 28th, which is now also the end of the lease. I can actually still make this work, it just means that I'll need to have all my shit packed before my shift and instead of my normal routine I'll be driving halfway across the state immediately after work (and I'll need to stay with my family for 3 days since no lease I can find begins until August 1st). My own fault, though, for failing to check the exact text of the lease agreement.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76949 on: June 17, 2014, 06:56:12 pm »

Maybe try making something simpler, at least until you feel more confident?
Keep in mind I can't cook, despite working as one. :P

I've made lots and lots of curry before... I'm having a hard time getting used to this electric stove, though, and the curry paste I purchased apparently had no power to actually, you know, create a powerful flavor. Back to real spices.

:<

Pages: 1 ... 5128 5129 [5130] 5131 5132 ... 8155