Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5129 5130 [5131] 5132 5133 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8569105 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #76950 on: June 17, 2014, 07:10:21 pm »

Maybe try making something simpler, at least until you feel more confident?
Keep in mind I can't cook, despite working as one. :P

I've made lots and lots of curry before... I'm having a hard time getting used to this electric stove, though, and the curry paste I purchased apparently had no power to actually, you know, create a powerful flavor. Back to real spices.

:<
Keep on doing that Vec. Improve by learning from failure! :D
Goodness knows how I learned how to cook. Observing how much heat to turn the knob up...and its a gas stove.

Sad: Bad net. Yay. No updates. Blargh.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76951 on: June 17, 2014, 07:14:34 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:21:02 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76952 on: June 17, 2014, 07:16:58 pm »

I wish I learned how to cook. All I know how to use is a microwave, since I've never been allowed to touch the stove.

Called my mom like I do every day. She laughed at me for getting told what to do by a co-worker who kept screwing up.

I'm sick of her 'be a real man' bullcrap. Especially since her idea of how a 'real man' should act sounds like a raving lunatic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76953 on: June 17, 2014, 08:39:56 pm »

I did pretty much nothing yesterday.
I got up and checked stuff on the computer for a while, then went back to sleep (I was tired, so I guess that's kind of understandable) for a bunch of hours, woke up around dusk or something and checked the computer again, then eventually shared a pizza with my brother and watched a movie.

I spent most of the day in my house, apart from walking to get the pizza and some groceries.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76954 on: June 17, 2014, 08:42:24 pm »

I wish I learned how to cook. All I know how to use is a microwave, since I've never been allowed to touch the stove.

Called my mom like I do every day. She laughed at me for getting told what to do by a co-worker who kept screwing up.

I'm sick of her 'be a real man' bullcrap. Especially since her idea of how a 'real man' should act sounds like a raving lunatic.

Buy a slow cooker. Maybe called stockpots elsewhere? You shove everything in, turn it on low in the morning, and eat some tasty stew for tea. Works well.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76955 on: June 17, 2014, 08:42:52 pm »

It's not too late \o/
I started learning when I was 19. Let nobody hinder you from learning how [to cook].
I'm 19 .__. ... yeah.

Forgive the older generations for their shortsightedness. Think of it from their perspective--the ideas so alien to us today were propagated and seen as prevalent in their time...that includes the bad ideas such as MAHNLINESH STEREOTYPE RAWR.

Be better than that thing she believes in. You're you. You're better than that 'real man' for them. You're the real man you are!
Also Stereotypes suck :v

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76956 on: June 17, 2014, 08:51:52 pm »

It wouldn't be possible for me to start learning to cook until I'm on my own. The oven here at my dad's is very finicky, and can easily over-load the circuit if not handled very carefully.

As for my mother, I think she's definitely got some emotional problems. Her views are much more backwards than other adults around her age, from what I've seen.
Spoiler: a bit ranty (click to show/hide)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76957 on: June 17, 2014, 08:53:30 pm »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76958 on: June 17, 2014, 08:54:04 pm »

Stop listening/calling to her? Say you're being a man and independent.
Christ, do stick around. That shit sounds like child abuse to me if it's been happening all the time she raised you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #76959 on: June 17, 2014, 08:54:58 pm »

Cooking is one of the most empowering skills a person can learn, IMHO. With cooking, you can turn raw, inedible stuff into something that can make people happy and keep them alive.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76960 on: June 17, 2014, 08:57:09 pm »

Stop listening/calling to her? Say you're being a man and independent.
Christ, do stick around. That shit sounds like child abuse to me if it's been happening all the time she raised you.

I doubt I'd be able to ever get away. She's more than twice my age, and her mother is almost as overbearing on her, where my mom will call her at least twice a day. If she's anything like her mother, then she won't get off of me.

Thankfully, I've never bought into this stuff, otherwise I don't think I would be so meek, though it still makes me feel like shit hearing it. There's stuff that would definitely qualify as neglect though.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #76961 on: June 17, 2014, 08:57:27 pm »

It wouldn't be possible for me to start learning to cook until I'm on my own. The oven here at my dad's is very finicky, and can easily over-load the circuit if not handled very carefully.

As for my mother, I think she's definitely got some emotional problems. Her views are much more backwards than other adults around her age, from what I've seen.
Spoiler: a bit ranty (click to show/hide)
Jeez, it sounds like she's trying to create the perfect weapon.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76962 on: June 17, 2014, 08:59:52 pm »

When you can, move away, and give her a false phone number. Don't tell her your new address, or tell her a false one. Don't want to live with a harpy dragging you down (you call her every day to hear that spiel?).

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76963 on: June 17, 2014, 09:02:56 pm »

When you can, move away, and give her a false phone number. Don't tell her your new address, or tell her a false one. Don't want to live with a harpy dragging you down (you call her every day to hear that spiel?).

If I don't call her, she calls me, and gets angry for me not calling her.

Though I thankfully don't have to hear her getting angry every day. Plus with the fight between her and her boyfriend still continuing, and him having gotten even worse since I left, she hasn't had time to focus on anything other than moving out ASAP.

I think her boyfriend is worse than she would ever be, to be honest. He thinks that calling people 'fucking useless retards' should make them happy to be around him. I'm not even joking, that came up during one of the arguments I heard between them.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76964 on: June 17, 2014, 09:03:40 pm »

the only woman a man should listen to is his mother
Convenient that, isn't it?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5129 5130 [5131] 5132 5133 ... 8156