Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5133 5134 [5135] 5136 5137 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8623580 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77010 on: June 18, 2014, 01:43:21 pm »

Parents are arguing about something.

I don't know what but it's making me sad.

Hopefully nothing terrible happens as a result.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #77011 on: June 18, 2014, 01:47:50 pm »

MC, this is one of those problems that can best be solved by murder, IMO.
Are you bloody serious or what.

Nooooo?

Not because said person doesn't deserve it, but because we don't want MC to go to jails.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77012 on: June 18, 2014, 01:50:19 pm »

MC, this is one of those problems that can best be solved by murder, IMO.
Are you bloody serious or what.

Nooooo?

Not because said person doesn't deserve it, but because we don't want MC to go to jails.
It's pretty much obvious you aren't :P
But yeah :I noooo suggesting murder out of context (despite the jokishness being apparent).
Noooooooo.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77013 on: June 18, 2014, 02:14:29 pm »

It's immoral to start a power game with someone who hasn't already started one, but once someone has started playing, pretty much the only way to get out of it is to remove yourself from their control. They want you to think "it'd be immoral to fight back and stand up for myself!" Find their weak points, demonstrate that you know what they are, figure out what your turf is and hold the line. They want you out of control and reeling, so fight to restore your sense of deliberateness. Reflexes will be seen as weak, but if you teach them that you're making your own decisions based on your own principles, rather than being cowed by them, they're going to be stuck interacting with you as an equal.

You will never win Vector. It isn't a game you can win, they will just keep going and going until they eat every part of you.

MIND you, what your talking about doesn't seem like the same thing I am talking about.

To me it sounds like when someone is having an argument with you and everything you say is wrong.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77014 on: June 18, 2014, 02:20:01 pm »

Vector actually won that point. :v

If they keep going, so what?
...The same thing you were talking about isn't...err, present in this thread (past MC's post anyways).

It's too general to say that leaving is better--yes, in most cases it is, however in letting the other be aware of your strength, I believe that is Vector's point. A very good point.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77015 on: June 18, 2014, 02:23:47 pm »

There is no real winning. We are both presenting our own advice and whatever the person choses to take is their business. There is nothing to be won or gained :P

I am saying that there is no winning, that these kinds of things just continue non-stop until you are the one who loses out and that leaving early might hurt but it is far less a loss then backing out.

While what I believe Vector is saying is that you shouldn't back down, because when you back down you are giving them power over you. You need to fight them for your ability to stand up as an equal to your aggressor who will then have to respect you, or at least back off.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77016 on: June 18, 2014, 02:25:14 pm »

On murder: No.
Even if that were an option at all, just no.

On 24 ignore: I would, but that's not possible because I live with them.

But yeah.
Trying to follow Vector's advice.

I was so busy trying to reply to their texts on my lunch break, that I didn't have time to eat.
When I told them this, they said that was my fault, and started trying to find more things to yell at me for.

So yeah, pretty sure they don't actually give a shit at all.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77017 on: June 18, 2014, 02:52:24 pm »

im surrounded by idiots irl
The obvious solution is to drop your anger on them all at once and proceed to explain to them about elementary psychology and why what happened did.
If that doesn't work, show them the forums and how many people are on your side.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77018 on: June 18, 2014, 02:53:16 pm »

show them the forums and how many people are on your side

I am going to say this.

There is nothing weaker then saying "but people on the internet agree with me"

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77019 on: June 18, 2014, 02:55:58 pm »

I am going to say this.

If what MC is saying is correct, there seems to be nobody dumber than who MC is dealing with

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77020 on: June 18, 2014, 02:59:17 pm »

I am going to say this.

If what MC is saying is correct, there seems to be nobody dumber than who MC is dealing with

No, I really have to agree with Neonivek. That is a terrible idea.

----

Keep fightin', MC.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77021 on: June 18, 2014, 03:00:40 pm »

im surrounded by idiots irl
The obvious solution is to drop your anger on them all at once and proceed to explain to them about elementary psychology and why what happened did.
If that doesn't work, show them the forums and how many people are on your side.
No, don't you dare suggest that. That is a stupid thing. You can't just go and tell idiots that they're wrong and they'll accept that. If it were that easy, there would be no idiots left. What's an even worse thing to do is deconstruct their idiocy by psychoanalyzing them. That's basically like telling them they're stupid but it isn't their fault because they're so stupid they can't help it. Guess what that does? It corners an idiot. And you know what scared creatures do when they're cornered? They don't just sit there and give up. They just lash out more. Also since you hurt them, you must be evil and therefore wrong, so you basically just threw out any chance of them ever actually listening to you.

No seriously, do not psychoanalyze people in a discussion. It's just an arrogant version of an ad hominem.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77022 on: June 18, 2014, 03:05:10 pm »

People scrutinize, antagonize, and attack me due to certain physical disabilities I have had from birth. And I get called out for taking care of things myself when authority decides to sit down and do nothing. I am very antisocial when I am not entirely anonymous, but idiocy is one thing I know. If they are going to give you crap and expect you not to respond, they deserve everything they get.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77023 on: June 18, 2014, 03:16:05 pm »

I wish people like that didn't exist.

When they basically push so hard to create a situation in which you are the victim of unending verbal abuse, and they don't even liste to what you say, because instead they'd rather go "Oh, X is the one who said that! Well, in that case, he's just being a pussy."

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! After they're done with that, they start saying that YOU are the one who commited such atrocities! Nope, they never insulted you or anything! Turns out it was just you all along! Woopsies! 'Course, they're still too dense to even understand that they're being bigger assholes than the Devil himself! It would be just one more thing to blame on you, and ABUSING YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS FOR NO REASON IS SUCH HARD WORK!

* IronTomato is okay

...I don't know. Get someone else who understands to explain to your family that they're bitches? That's the only thing I haven't tried on my brother, who happens to be the same kind of lunatic. Is there anyone they'd listen to who would intervene?

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 03:17:56 pm by IronTomato »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77024 on: June 18, 2014, 03:18:18 pm »

They'd likely just get offended for something like 'slandering them behind our backs' or something like that. What else are they going to do? Admit they're bad people? Some people are pathologically incapable of accepting blame, and it's the most horrendously annoying trait someone can have. Never their fault, but someone else's.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 5133 5134 [5135] 5136 5137 ... 8156