Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5164 5165 [5166] 5167 5168 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8576583 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77475 on: June 24, 2014, 08:55:10 pm »

Yeah, but if you're going to do that you generally wouldn't give the sockpuppet an almost identical name.
Or calling attention to it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77476 on: June 24, 2014, 09:01:34 pm »

*I'm sure at least some of you saw this, I'm deleting this post now for reasons I can explain later*
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:03:22 pm by 4maskwolf »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77477 on: June 24, 2014, 09:08:47 pm »

Okay so it's simple insanity. Issue solved. Is Objective still super depressed?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #77478 on: June 24, 2014, 09:10:08 pm »

Lots of drama~

Re: Truean: It's hard but for what it's worth I think that was your best decision :( Lawyers and designers (web/graphical) are often the target of indiscriminate pro bono work requests and all.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ghost of Forumites Past
    • View Profile
« Reply #77479 on: June 24, 2014, 09:11:54 pm »

Okay so it's simple insanity. Issue solved. Is Objective still super depressed?
This...

I'm not even talking to you.

The reason for the separate account is that I found out that my parents track the other account.
A flitting shadow, wandering the hidden paths of the forums.  Long since lost to humanity, it's path follows no discernible pattern, simply observing that which goes on around it.  If you have found it, it is already too late for you, for none may see its silent journey.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77480 on: June 24, 2014, 09:15:25 pm »

Maybe people should stop looking for reasons to live, and just enjoy life like they were put on the Earth to do.

It's simple. Simply be simple.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77481 on: June 24, 2014, 09:16:23 pm »

Re: Truean: It's hard but for what it's worth I think that was your best decision :( Lawyers and designers (web/graphical) are often the target of indiscriminate pro bono work requests and all.
IT people, too.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77482 on: June 24, 2014, 10:53:26 pm »

Maybe people should be less selfish and stop viewing everyone else as selfish and just give what's good to others more.

are you trying to say that people are not selfish.

why does communism not work in practice please explain people that are not selfish should obviously be able to make it happen

Most of us read this as, "Humans are dicks. You should all kill yourselves."

first is correct, second is up to the individual

nobody said anything about actively killing themselves though

if they have, point me to it, i'm blind according to the antiquated laws governing the issue

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #77483 on: June 24, 2014, 11:49:38 pm »

The most important thing after realizing that we're all mindless robots programmed to stay alive is realizing that that realization is awfully silly. It's a kneejerk reaction to learning that your existence isn't always what you assumed it was. It's completely irrational to jump from "There is no objective purpose imposed on me from an external source" to "I can never have a purpose". Hell, just choose the purpose you thought you had before, only now your motivation is that you want to do it instead of you have to do it. I've always found Beta Ray Bill's reasoning to be as applicable to this problem as to any other cosmic mystery.

Sure, maybe you don't have a sandwich right now. That doesn't mean sandwiches are impossible, fantastical objects of myth. Same with reasons for being.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77484 on: June 25, 2014, 12:02:11 am »

IT people, too.
I think everyone has the expectation of friends using their professional skills for free.
I'd do free work for immediate family, and maybe close family. If the family friends were close I may. But there's a difference between legal representation and fixing someone's car.
Truean, I assume you're a lawyer?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77485 on: June 25, 2014, 12:13:30 am »

Truean is indeed a lawyer.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #77486 on: June 25, 2014, 12:29:50 am »

Sadly, yes I am. I'm sort of trying not to be anymore though. Thank all of you for your support. It really does help quite a bit.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77487 on: June 25, 2014, 12:31:10 am »

What would you even do? I mean, I know you like street vendor tacos, but turning into a street vendor seems like a big jump.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #77488 on: June 25, 2014, 12:34:05 am »

I like eating them more than making them, so I never have done that last one.

I'm thinking finance or hopefully some type of management. Though, yes, you've hit the question rather astutely. I tend to get a lot of "you're overqualified." Or "You're not who we're looking for." [sigh]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #77489 on: June 25, 2014, 12:47:20 am »

Good luck. You deserve some.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5164 5165 [5166] 5167 5168 ... 8156