Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5167 5168 [5169] 5170 5171 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8576744 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77520 on: June 25, 2014, 01:29:49 pm »

The blister on my toe isn't healing. It had better not get infected; I have things to do, and they involve walking.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #77521 on: June 25, 2014, 02:42:30 pm »

People love to complain. I don't care and they think I'm ignoring them. No, I'd just rather focus on solutions and they don't realize their thoughts aren't relevant.

The cat's bowl is full and she won't eat, because the food doesn't smell "fresh" to her (right out of the bag).

My mother will complain about this forever. I tried to explain to her very simply how to fix it. She won't hear anything, but her own complaining. She wants to complain. Meh.

So, I just took the cat's food bowl, threw it away, and gave the cat a saucer (flat plate) instead. Now there is no room for older food to build up because the cat eats off a flat surface.....

All that yelling....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77522 on: June 25, 2014, 03:04:25 pm »

My dad's cat was kind of fussy but isn't so much any more. Wouldn't eat the dry food, it would only pick at the wet food mixed in then complain that there wasn't any more.
But it learned to eat the dry food after a few weeks of no change in the food provided. 's like with children, if they won't eat what you give them they probably will tomorrow.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #77523 on: June 25, 2014, 03:07:41 pm »

Getting cats to do things is all about being more stubborn than they are.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #77524 on: June 25, 2014, 04:06:26 pm »

Or in the case of my cat they start farting all over the place in protest.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77525 on: June 25, 2014, 05:10:00 pm »

I still don't know which of the fluffy little ass-holes have been pissing in my room. Though it hasn't happened in a while, at least.

I have a headache that won't go away. I think it may have been a new soft-drink I tried at work.

We had a barbeque today at work, and everyone got to see how disgusting I am when I eat. I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to eating around other people.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #77526 on: June 25, 2014, 11:57:16 pm »

I suck at physics II and math II and everything Dx

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #77527 on: June 26, 2014, 12:04:24 am »

The fact that you care that you suck is good though. It means you want to improve, which is better than sucking and not caring. If you sucked and didn't care that you sucked, you'd really suck.

You're still cool, even if you're not absolutely perfect at everything ever.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #77528 on: June 26, 2014, 12:14:33 am »

Don't worry, everybody sucks at everything by default. It is entirely possible (probable, even) that you will be able to improve.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77529 on: June 26, 2014, 12:17:16 am »

My smallest toenails fell off from kicking things too much.(accidentally)
I hope they grow back properly.

Not all cats are picky. My fat cat will eat anything. He stole my mushrooms.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #77530 on: June 26, 2014, 12:21:30 am »

My smallest toenails fell off from kicking things too much.(accidentally)
I hope they grow back properly.
Ouch. Toenails are the worst. At least with fingernails you don't have socks and shoes to deal with. And more kicking. Try sandals and band aids, and staying off your feet for a while, if that's feasible.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77531 on: June 26, 2014, 12:40:26 am »

The fact that you care that you suck is good though. It means you want to improve, which is better than sucking and not caring. If you sucked and didn't care that you sucked, you'd really suck.

You're still cool, even if you're not absolutely perfect at everything ever.
This. So much.
YOU DON'T SUCK AND STOP HOLDING YOURSELF TO IT. YOU CAN DO IT. I'VE BLOODY SEEN YOU DO IT. VERY. WELL.
Stop listening to that voice that says you suck :I Use it as a stepping block (probably its face) and improve from that point, perhaps?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #77532 on: June 26, 2014, 12:44:35 am »

Can't improve enough/fast enough at solving problems. My grades are pretty much final :|

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77533 on: June 26, 2014, 12:47:00 am »

I'm staring at South Korean Education System (in that context) with anger and disappointment right now.

Different methods in approaching problems didn't work? :/ Alternative procedures in deconstructing//analyzing problems?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #77534 on: June 26, 2014, 12:50:25 am »

I'm only enrolled for 9 units at the start of next year. I need 16, but the foreign language program I absolutely must start this fall straddles 2 hours in the morning that 90% of the classes I meet the requirements for are in. And the other 10% are either unpaid production jobs with long hours worth 0 units, or are in godawful hours in the evening.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 5167 5168 [5169] 5170 5171 ... 8156