Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5264 5265 [5266] 5267 5268 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8576456 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #78975 on: July 26, 2014, 03:42:37 pm »

And so I'm single.

And that was that.
* sjm9876 offers condolences
It isn't the end of the world :)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78976 on: July 26, 2014, 03:50:12 pm »

Unless your ex has easy access to a huge stockpile of WMDs and decides your relationship ending is good enough reason to bring about a nuclear apocalypse, that is. You have to consider these things- the Devil's in the details, after all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #78977 on: July 27, 2014, 01:17:06 am »

I wonder sometimes if maybe my meager accomplishments to this point in life haven't just been cosmic flukes. It feels like most everybody I know already has a dream job doing exactly what they want, or are on the fast track to acquiring one, and I'm just looking forward to community college so I can spend more of my life effing around and looking for a purpose.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #78978 on: July 27, 2014, 01:53:13 am »

Toribash + flailing randomly = fun, even when losing.

Got into Toribash for the first time recently.  I'd messed with it a couple times before over the years (damn it's an old game now...), but never enough to really learn it.

Beat a 2nd Dan Black Belt in a straight fight.  I think his rank was around 260.  Felt pretty good about that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78979 on: July 27, 2014, 02:48:20 am »

What was your placement?

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #78980 on: July 27, 2014, 04:29:24 am »

Witnessed a stabbing. Honestly more rageworthy than sad, but the sadness comes after the rage because humans have the capability to be so destructive, particularly to each other. And over the most petty of bullshit.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #78981 on: July 27, 2014, 08:55:25 am »

O_o Where?

Also, condolences, Gig. :(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78982 on: July 27, 2014, 09:02:39 am »

I once got blood on my eggs because apparently I had no idea I had sliced open my face somehow.

There's a lot of awkward things no one ever tells you about being a teenager.

.... To be honest I'm still not sure where I actually got cut. So the only thing I can really say about the first facial scar I got was "I have no fucking idea, it just pissed on my eggs one day"

I find it quite odd that you have enough facial scars to use the sentence the first facial scar I got outside of people asking you to list them
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #78983 on: July 27, 2014, 11:10:50 am »

I have like, 4 very obvious and large facial scars. So I've kinda internalized the order I got them because of the fact that they've been slowly appearing as I've grown older.

That one is STILL the only one I have no idea how I got. Just I had some red eggs that day because fuck it I'm not throwing them out.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #78984 on: July 27, 2014, 12:52:16 pm »

I've never really posted in these threads before; they've always seemed like a pointless emotion circlejerk.  As for why I'm posting now... Well, I probably won't if I think too hard about that, so I won't. >.>

So, there's a girl that I had a serious crush on about two years ago, and I had thought that I was pretty much over her.  She was visiting me, and we had a very enjoyable time talking.  Before too long though, she had to leave, and told me that she had really missed me, and wanted to see me again soon.  She gave me a hug.  That made me so, so, absolutely happy.  Just... wonderful.

I got in a car, and started to drive away.  But apparently someone had modified it, somehow, so that the brake wouldn't work, the gas just raised the cruise control, and I couldn't lower it unless I turned the car off.  I managed to park without crashing into anything, and as I tried to figure out what was wrong... I realized I was dreaming.  Which meant the whole thing with the girl had never happened.  She lives forty hours drive away, barely considered me a friend at best, and that fell apart a while ago.  I had come to terms with that.

Even so, realizing that right after that surge of happiness was just...  'depressing' doesn't seem to qualify.  I've had some terrifying nightmares, but that's a new way for my subconcious to flip me off.  And undeniably far more effective. ._.
If it's any consolation and not too circlejerky, I had a dream like this too.

I was just sitting on a really high tower above my home town with my crush and we just talked. Probably the most pleasant dream I remember, but very depressing the moment you realize it's just a dream.

E:
And I can confirm that "teenage" and "awkward" can be treated as synonyms.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 01:30:40 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78985 on: July 27, 2014, 12:56:55 pm »

I still vaguely remember the last such dream I had, for some reason, despite it being years ago. :-\
(Not counting the one where I was a rich businesswoman and my crush was some sort of bodyguard protecting me from ninja cyborg assassins.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78986 on: July 27, 2014, 01:10:15 pm »

I don't know why but it feels like my stomach is about to rupture.
This is painful.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78987 on: July 27, 2014, 02:04:22 pm »

This is painful.
Lie down on a sofa or something, drink something warm/hot and chill for a while. If it doesn't go away (or comes back later), consult doctor. You may have alien about to burst out of there.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #78988 on: July 27, 2014, 02:10:15 pm »

This is painful.
Spoiler: solution (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #78989 on: July 27, 2014, 02:12:31 pm »

If it's any consolation and not too circlejerky, I had a dream like this too.

I was just sitting on a really high tower above my home town with my crush and we just talked. Probably the most pleasant dream I remember, but very depressing the moment you realize it's just a dream.

E:
And I can confirm that "teenage" and "awkward" can be treated as synonyms.
Have to say, I've had similar dreams (not quite the same, because I've never actually had a crush on... well, anyone, but similar in that whole happiness/closeness followed by less happy life thing) not exactly unregularly, and I... don't exactly dislike them. I guess the best advice, if advice was wanted, is to just, y'know. Enjoy them. It's a nice dream -- maybe real life isn't up to that standard, but the dream itself was nice, and why muddle a good memory by associating it with something less good? Just pat dream-brain on the back and see if you can't go through the day a bit more cheerfully having had a nice moment while asleep.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5264 5265 [5266] 5267 5268 ... 8156