Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5268 5269 [5270] 5271 5272 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8576557 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #79035 on: July 28, 2014, 10:16:22 pm »

this is around the time where we cover objective in a material more springy than the artistic laws of physics allow and toss them into a room full of jello is it not

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79036 on: July 28, 2014, 10:35:11 pm »

Looking at some of the old things I've drawn on paper that were saved from getting trashed by others around me. And they don't look very good.

I should really start doing things other than sit on the computer.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79037 on: July 28, 2014, 10:41:06 pm »

Today has been fucking lame.
Pretty much every estimated outcome of the near future is lame. Whatever I think about, whichever problem I try to invent a solution to, I'm just running up against a big wall of lame. I think it's time to buy camping gear, put away enough money to move house in just over a month, and go live as a hermit until then.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #79038 on: July 28, 2014, 11:06:11 pm »

I'm scared that I'm going to grow old and permanently lose the chance to be physically attractive. It feels like I'm racing against time here in the hope that I get at least a single year that I'm not ugly before it gets ruined by age.
Still stuck with the narrow view on physical attraction huh :/
Seriously. You're looking bloody attractive. Aesthetically attractive. But somehow you don't consider yourself as such or appreciate yourself.
Beauty and ugliness in that sense is subjective. In your case? More so.

If for any reason, at least worry more about the beauty and attractiveness of character and personality--that is what keeps bonds or relationships between any other person as it is.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:08:31 pm by Tiruin »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79039 on: July 28, 2014, 11:09:55 pm »

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:39:48 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #79040 on: July 28, 2014, 11:33:09 pm »

also

I wouldn't worry about that. Many old people can still look very physically attractive, and besides, you're really young right now.
And you're already passable~

ftfy :|

and the main problem is that isn't enough to make people find me actually attractive
((NOW I'M FOLLOWING THIS THREAD.  I WAS RIGHT, IT IS AN EMOTIONAL CIRCLEJERK- I'M EMPHASIZING WITH SAD PEOPLE NOW))
Hehe.  I'd find that a bit funnier if it weren't perfectly normal for your age. ;)

Objective, first, you're still basically a kid.  You'll change a lot more, and probably grow out of whatever you think is 'unattractive' about you.

Second, beauty isn't just in the eye of the beholder.  It's also in the nose, ears, and I'll stop there.  Confidence, personality, status, aplomb, sheer luck, overly complex chemical insanities, and self-assurance also have a lot to do with who finds what attractive.  More importantly, they have even more to do with whether a relationship will last; being attractive might start a relationship more easily, but being a genuinely nice person will keep it from collapsing.

I've known several people who got into serious, very long term relationships, with people who they originally said were quite unattractive.  Naturally, they disagree now.  People are kind of insane when it comes to who they love.

...Of course, that all assumes you're interested in a long term relationship.  If not, well, you're either boned, or boned.  Dunno which.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #79041 on: July 29, 2014, 12:22:43 am »

((NOW I'M FOLLOWING THIS THREAD.  I WAS RIGHT, IT IS AN EMOTIONAL CIRCLEJERK- I'M EMPHASIZING WITH SAD PEOPLE NOW))
Tiny text is still context...despite this one being totally silly and meant as a joke :P

I love taking these emotion threads like as Toady said. Something similar to Life Advice threads, but in the General Boards.
Also my knowledge of the use of circlejerk is always in the negative .__. Here...it sounds neutral? Also isn't it empathizing?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #79042 on: July 29, 2014, 02:37:56 am »

Get back to family's house after shitty day of cramming stuff into a too-small car, a shitty day of too-busy last day at work, and a shitty drive across the state, and find out the cat's dead as of yesterday. Literally the only thing I missed about living here is now packed in a cardboard box until we figure out what to do, just like all things I miss about living where I did until today.

Hopefully this week didn't start out as it means to go on, I don't know if I could handle it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79043 on: July 29, 2014, 08:10:24 am »

Wait, if Grindelwald is wizard Hitler, then what is Voldemort?
Just your garden variety domestic terrorist, really. Grindels is wizard hitler because he actually teamed up with hitler, from what I recall. For all the books are dramatic or whatever, Grindels was a driving force behind one of the ruddy world wars. Voldie's penny ante minor civil war junk. A much smaller dark lord.

Wait, I just recently read the harry potter books, and although it might be different in the movies I am almost certain this isn't the case in the books. Both Grindelwald and Voldemort seemed to both be largely regional, although it's worth noting that Grindelwald was a menace somewhere in Scandinavia, which has a much lower population then the UK, and generally people didn't seem fussed about him too much outside of his area, whereas although Voldemort mostly stayed in the UK, he was feared AT least throughout all of Europe.

Edit: In actually looking it up, it seems like his connection to hitler and WW2 came from stuff Rowling said later, so I guess that's legit, although it's not in the books. And in any case he still failed. Whereas Voldemort succeeded. (Arguably, for a year, until some ridiculous child somehow beat him.)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:16:00 am by Criptfeind »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #79044 on: July 29, 2014, 09:22:16 am »

When someone talks to you, just for their own reasons, not for you know, actual conversation or anything. Just, god it makes me annoyed and saddened when people just try to use me like that.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79045 on: July 29, 2014, 03:34:22 pm »

Oh gods it's cold this morning, and yet I need to go into the city and catch a train.
It would be so, so very easy to just snuggle back down in my sleeping bag and try to sleep until it warms up. :<
Also I forgot whatever dream I was having when my alarm woke me up. It is completely gone. Damn. I don't think it was all that exciting anyway, but I still like to remember my dreams.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #79046 on: July 29, 2014, 07:10:59 pm »

That this didn't go anywhere.
Much sadness.
Now, back to page 240-something or so to dig through old threads.
Take a closer look at this text!

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79047 on: July 30, 2014, 08:11:39 am »

Well, I made myself sad yesterday thinking about friends. There used to be this one person from Iceland that I used to talk to all the time on Steam, but eventually we just stopped talking for one reason or another. I checked my old account (My brother uses it now), and he isn't on it's friends list anymore.

I miss talking to people on Steam.   :-\
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #79048 on: July 30, 2014, 12:27:25 pm »

I have discovered a fantastic weight loss strategy. Simply empty half a bottle of discount hot sauce onto your lunch of greasy leftovers on your last day in an apartment, since you know it won't keep through the move and you might as well use it while you've got it. The next few days will do wonders.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #79049 on: July 30, 2014, 12:48:27 pm »

I have discovered a fantastic weight loss strategy. Simply empty half a bottle of discount hot sauce onto your lunch of greasy leftovers on your last day in an apartment, since you know it won't keep through the move and you might as well use it while you've got it. The next few days will do wonders.
...my butt cringed. That sucks.

Somewhat related, I just had this two day college "new student orientation" event where you stay overnight in the dorms, dov arious group activities, sign up for classes, tour the campus, etc. I don't know if it was the leftover pizza I had for breakfast the morning before going, the mexican food I ate for lunch, or the dinner the college provided in the meal hall, but something gave me a case of the magma sprays. First case I had in years. Super awkward, shit sucked, really stunk up the whole trip. Of course it had to happen on the two day event where I have to stay miles away from home, surrounded by people I don't know, and only have public restrooms available for use when I have a mild phobia of using said restrooms.

I seem to have the natural ability to take any sort of social activity like that and make it suddenly go bad.

Anyway, you have my butt's sympathy.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 5268 5269 [5270] 5271 5272 ... 8156