Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5429 5430 [5431] 5432 5433 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8571528 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #81450 on: September 15, 2014, 09:11:04 pm »

Caz is a cat :I

* Tiruin refurbishes the cupboard to include a safety bunker for at least two people, with room enough for the actual cups to stay in.

...I just made myself sound like a former criminal, didn't I?
xD
You silly.

Sad: Still sick. x_x Typing through the pain hasn't been this fun.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81451 on: September 15, 2014, 09:39:31 pm »

My legitimate sad for today: I was going to open up and tell my closest friend about what's been bothering me and whatnot, then three other people decide to sit with us at lunch.

Urk.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #81452 on: September 15, 2014, 10:38:15 pm »

The stray cat I've been feeding died, of what appears to be blunt force trauma to the head.... I'd say it was something about the width of a baseball bat. One hit.... You can tell it suffered. This was a very nice cat, and I suspect somebody lured it into a false sense of security and bashed it's head in with a rock or something. If I find out who, I will be tempted to beat them with the metro phone book, though I'll probably resist.

I suppose it was not my cat, though it was auditioning for the part well.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:39:58 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81453 on: September 15, 2014, 10:43:47 pm »

I wonder why people even do that :S
*hugs Truean and the rest*

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #81454 on: September 15, 2014, 11:39:39 pm »

Cat hatred is a strange but very real thing.  It's different from dislike towards any other animal, especially in rural areas or with rednecks in general. 

When someone admits to disliking dogs, it's usually little more than a distaste for their company. 
When people talk about disliking spiders or snakes or the like, they usually admit that it's a stupid but unavoidable shock reaction. 
When people talk about disliking cats, it's a sadistic drive.  They take joy in seeing cats suffer.  I've spoken with dozens of people who admitted to this, and not one could explain why.

I've heard many stories of cat torture while living in small town Indiana, and I've known people with cats who had to take drastic measures to prevent their neighbors from kidnapping and torturing them.  As in people who would take any opportunity to kill a cat, even when they knew it to be a pet and knew the owner, unless threatened with dire consequences.  I've had zero experience with the same attitude towards any other animal.  Even people who kill spiders, snakes, mice, etc on sight don't take pleasure in their suffering.  They just want them gone.  But for some reason lots of people love to torture cats.  It's fucking ridiculous and I don't understand it.

* SalmonGod goes to see if there has been any research on the phenomenon of cat hatred
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #81455 on: September 15, 2014, 11:46:21 pm »

Cat hatred is a biological attempt to prevent catsplosions. It's like how diseases build up immunity to vaccines, people built up an immunity to cat mind control by naturally hating cats.

Seriously, humans are just weird.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81456 on: September 15, 2014, 11:55:52 pm »

Cat hatred is a strange but very real thing.  It's different from dislike towards any other animal, especially in rural areas or with rednecks in general. 

When someone admits to disliking dogs, it's usually little more than a distaste for their company. 
When people talk about disliking spiders or snakes or the like, they usually admit that it's a stupid but unavoidable shock reaction. 
When people talk about disliking cats, it's a sadistic drive.  They take joy in seeing cats suffer.  I've spoken with dozens of people who admitted to this, and not one could explain why.
I don't like cats, but I don't like to see them hurt. I mean, animals are animals (and are therefore for eating,) but they still feel things.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #81457 on: September 16, 2014, 12:04:11 am »

Yeah, and animals feeling pain/fear when they die taste crappy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81458 on: September 16, 2014, 12:09:22 am »

Torture (to animals or people) is not a nice thing. I have no problem with killing animals for food/skins/pest control, but killing for the purpose of seeing the thing suffer is... not something I will condone.

Yeah, and animals feeling pain/fear when they die taste crappy.
This is also a contributing factor.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81459 on: September 16, 2014, 01:12:22 am »

All but one of my previous suspected people avoiding me have now been resolved and explained to be because of being busy with the new school year and stuff. Apart from one. And that still bugs me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81460 on: September 16, 2014, 01:34:28 am »

They ain't worth your company anyways >:V
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81461 on: September 16, 2014, 01:51:07 am »

Today was just a perfect storm of badness. Computer errors, crappy routes, heavy traffic, MORE computer errors, no food or restrooms, and finally a minor vehicular accident just when I'm about ready to shut down for the night, resulting in an extra hour as I reported the incident and made records of the damage.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #81462 on: September 16, 2014, 01:54:36 am »

Knees are acting up, as is my eye, and my right hand.
I am made of pain, blindness and twitching, why must I have the body of a geriatric crash test dummy.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81463 on: September 16, 2014, 01:56:25 am »

They ain't worth your company anyways >:V
That's the problem, I still don't know if I am being avoided or if it's because of other reasons. And there's only so many times you can try and talk to someone and hardly get a response before it would be rude to keep trying.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #81464 on: September 16, 2014, 05:51:12 am »

Oh, so they exist?
Some kind of cat haters? I assume dog haters exist pretty readily as well but I wouldn't know because I live in a relatively low population area of Australia.
I mean, Jesus, I already have a hard time with knowing about people slaughtering chickens and breeding them for a life of living hell (ignoring all the other animals) but this?
Well that's another thing to put in the pile.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 5429 5430 [5431] 5432 5433 ... 8156