Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5529 5530 [5531] 5532 5533 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572815 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #82950 on: October 12, 2014, 11:41:20 am »

This morning, I felt considerably better, if I start to feel bad again later today, then I'll know that it's the medicine, and the people who say otherwise can shove it, cause I'm tired of them.
Know them feels. Everyone is like "oh that sucks" with that look on their face like "it's obviously placebo pain you fool."
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82951 on: October 12, 2014, 12:08:01 pm »

Yeah, they say that I only feel this way because I actually read the list of side effects.
It's annoying, but whatever.

The actual name of the medicine is Venlafaxine, or something like that. Sounds weird.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #82952 on: October 12, 2014, 02:24:03 pm »

I don't know why I'm worrying about my future stuff but I really don't want to live with my parents. A couple months is still tolerable, but a year after I graduate high school before going to university is just too much.

I can barely visit them without them constantly trying to get me to cut my hair and trying as hard as possible to mask their disappointment that I'm gay without even bothering to understand it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82953 on: October 12, 2014, 02:27:47 pm »

This morning, I felt considerably better, if I start to feel bad again later today, then I'll know that it's the medicine, and the people who say otherwise can shove it, cause I'm tired of them.
Know them feels. Everyone is like "oh that sucks" with that look on their face like "it's obviously placebo pain you fool."
Nocebo.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #82954 on: October 12, 2014, 03:43:20 pm »

Yeah, they say that I only feel this way because I actually read the list of side effects.

The actual name of the medicine is Venlafaxine, or something like that. Sounds weird.

You got it perfectly right. It's an SNRI.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #82955 on: October 12, 2014, 03:46:53 pm »

So... I went to a flea market with my dad, and I tried to find big box pc games to get started on collecting some. But alas, I did not find any, not really a sad thing. Just kinda disappointing :/

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82956 on: October 12, 2014, 03:53:54 pm »

To be fair, people being overdramatic about placebo pain is annoyingly frequent.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82957 on: October 12, 2014, 04:49:51 pm »

Dang it the final sexism thread was shut down because of trolls!

As hoping it was just Toady deleting their stuff and then going to put it back up... but unfortunately not.

I wouldn't mind except... that pretty much seals the deal in terms of sexism/feminism.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:56:14 pm by Neonivek »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #82958 on: October 12, 2014, 04:57:49 pm »

You could make a thread named "Totally nothing to do with sexism"

And see what happens :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #82959 on: October 12, 2014, 04:58:50 pm »

So, it was "we get one more try to talk about this and if it gets out of control again then the topic is verbotten"?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82960 on: October 12, 2014, 05:05:10 pm »

So, it was "we get one more try to talk about this and if it gets out of control again then the topic is verbotten"?

Ehhh I guess even if we did put it up the same people would still bring up the shut down topic again... Which we outright told them not to do... So I guess I shouldn't be that sad. (Even if they did it on purpose >_< This topic sabotage is getting old)

Also no, the topic was really old.

Yeah its dead pretty much no matter what, but I've accepted it now. Now it is more a "This is why we can't have nice things".

No sad no more. Lets move on!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 05:06:51 pm by Neonivek »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82961 on: October 12, 2014, 05:24:15 pm »

Shitty stuff, that is. Have you ever tried a non-SNRI antidepressant? The side effect profiles vary quite a bit between the groups.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #82962 on: October 12, 2014, 05:33:38 pm »

You could make a thread named "Totally nothing to do with sexism"
The thread could actually be another emotion thread in disguise. Embarrassment, maybe? Then I'd start porting there, and everyone would come join us.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82963 on: October 12, 2014, 06:51:36 pm »

Friend writes short stories now and then and tries to get them submitted to publishers.  The most recent one was a pretty darn good story that I actually set aside the published novel I was reading to finish after a couple draft reads.  A cop story in a modern version of a typical fantasy setting.

Unfortunately it just got rejected from the publisher.  Which is a shame, it's gotta be doing something right to have me set aside a novel from a professional author to read his work.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #82964 on: October 12, 2014, 06:56:11 pm »

Send it to many publishers, one is bound to accept it assuming it meets a certain baseline for quality. Which, as I understand, is fairly low.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 5529 5530 [5531] 5532 5533 ... 8156