Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5559 5560 [5561] 5562 5563 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8567851 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83400 on: October 21, 2014, 06:07:40 pm »

She refuses to believe that she is doing anything wrong?
I have told her, she deleted my emails and walks away when I talk.

And um, what guidance counselor??? What even is a guidance counselor? I've heard of them, but...

Talking to a social worker might be on the extreme side, but you definetly need to talk to someone, a school counselor maybe?
Do people read anything that Kaladin posts? She clearly doesn't have access to a counsellor.

Then she can maybe find one? Doesn't neccesarily have to be a counselor, just someone she knows she can trust.

And um, what guidance counselor??? What even is a guidance counselor? I've heard of them, but...
Talking to a social worker might be on the extreme side, but you definetly need to talk to someone, a school counselor maybe?
... Our school doesn't have any. Unless they are some kind of ninja who lives in a closet somewhere.

I thought schools usually had at least one.

What about community services in the area?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83401 on: October 21, 2014, 06:10:35 pm »

They're a very American thing IIRC. Pretty much unheard of in NZ.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83402 on: October 21, 2014, 06:18:04 pm »

I keep forgetting everywhere that isn't Canada sucks...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #83403 on: October 21, 2014, 06:20:07 pm »

Guidance Counselor--those are present in each and every academic institution ._.
Meaning: Talk to someone physically who can talk sense into your mother, because by all nature of telling you what is right--she's teaching you wrong, with intent parallel to what is right however.

You don't force people into "perfection". You guide them to strive for success, not force.

Even a teacher! Even the teachers you are under! Talk to them in their free time. Implore their aid!

Chauvanism~
Everywhere that isn't Canada sucks. Yeah. >_>
Thanks.
Places suck because of what its inhabitants do in it.
Like a RL example. The Philippines used to suck because rampant corruption and lacking information + misinformation and an iron hand by the ruling officials. Those of the people realized how sucky it is, then decided to make a change by advocating humanism and fighting against those that made it suck. Currently, it sucks less--why it sucks is confined to the people who make it suck, as well as the attitudes they carry which make it suck, but it doesn't suck everywhere :V

This is perhaps the first time I had to use overly general adjectives to describe suck.
This sucks.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:23:05 pm by Tiruin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83404 on: October 21, 2014, 06:22:03 pm »

New Zealand doesn't suck! Nor does Australia, assuming you survive the local flora/fauna/heat/accents.

Many Eastern European countries are pretty awesome AFAIK, too! Also what Tiruin said. Except it's patriotism, not chauvinism.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83405 on: October 21, 2014, 06:23:42 pm »

Many Eastern European countries are pretty awesome AFAIK, too! Also what Tiruin said. Except it's patriotism, not chauvinism.
Well it could be over-patriotism :P
Because Neo's statement ignores how suck happens. :-\

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83406 on: October 21, 2014, 06:24:20 pm »

I am mostly joking Tiruin. (though you could have been too >_< AHHH Jokeception!)

Though I keep bumping into "I'll give advice that would be perfectly reasonable to do in my home country"
"Yeah we don't have something you consider to be a basic necessity in your country"

I realize that it is because: "We have different rules and resources and often we have what your country has but in different channels or with different ways to cope."

Also it is more ethnocentrism and xenophobia :P

Patriotism is loving your country and chauvinism is... kind of accurate.

Besides if I ever wanted to be smacked down to size I'd just have to take a long look at our reservation system and our Indian Act... and Quebec's and Ontario's current human rights violations.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:26:26 pm by Neonivek »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83407 on: October 21, 2014, 06:24:28 pm »

The only counselors I've had in any of my schools were career counselors.

Did you at least get Tim Bits?

Just a pepsi. Too anxious to be hungry. My right leg was practically tap-dancing while I was sitting down.

I told my friends I was diagnosed with anxiety and they said that they had always thought I had it anyways.

My mom still doesn't want me to tell people, but I don't know why.

E: Holy hell, I can't post because new replies every time.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #83408 on: October 21, 2014, 06:26:19 pm »

Even a teacher! Even the teachers you are under! Talk to them in their free time. Implore their aid!

Chauvanism~
Everywhere that isn't Canada sucks. Yeah. >_>
Thanks.
Places suck because of what its inhabitants do in it.
Turuin, that was hyperbole. I think.
Also, I live in Canada, and my school doesn't have a guidance counselor for sure.

I have tried talking to people, but it doesn't help much. Lost of people don't have a clue of how to begin helping...
Teachers, I don't actually trust most of them enough, and the one I do is a programmer, and he doesn't really have time to talk much.
Even my dad told me to "Tough it out one more year, she isn't going to change."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83409 on: October 21, 2014, 06:27:31 pm »

@_@
Talk to your DAD then :D (and then branch out seeking for support that way, and/or read up books in the library to aid and understand what is being done to you--preferably in the social section of your library; ask the clerks details on attitude and speaking books o_O)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83410 on: October 21, 2014, 06:29:17 pm »

Teachers, I don't actually trust most of them enough

In my experience... don't trust them.

I was a odd child and lets just say that my experience in making a teacher a confidant blew up in my face...

It is why I LOATHE those personality test things they give students even in university.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83411 on: October 21, 2014, 06:29:31 pm »

@_@
Talk to your DAD then :D (and then branch out seeking for support that way, and/or read up books in the library to aid and understand what is being done to you--preferably in the social section of your library; ask the clerks details on attitude and speaking books o_O)

She tried, read the post above yours.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #83412 on: October 21, 2014, 06:31:04 pm »

@_@
My school's library is closed for repainting, my dad gave up on helping a while ago, and the public library doesn't have very many books...
Most are fantasy or romance. None that would help here. Unless I learn Tagalog or Russian, those are strangely larger than the English nonfiction section.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83413 on: October 21, 2014, 06:31:18 pm »

The only counselors I've had in any of my schools were career counselors.

Did you at least get Tim Bits?

Just a pepsi. Too anxious to be hungry. My right leg was practically tap-dancing while I was sitting down.

I told my friends I was diagnosed with anxiety and they said that they had always thought I had it anyways.

My mom still doesn't want me to tell people, but I don't know why.

E: Holy hell, I can't post because new replies every time.

What doesn't she want you to tell people?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83414 on: October 21, 2014, 06:34:16 pm »

Teachers, I don't actually trust most of them enough
In my experience... don't trust them.
I was a odd child and lets just say that my experience in making a teacher a confidant blew up in my face...
It is why I LOATHE those personality test things they give students even in university.
I have never heard of these personality test things. Ever. Except for that nonsensical "don't do anything until I tell you to" one where they proceed to tell you to do a whole bunch of stuff and then get all pissy because you didn't wait for them to tell you to do it

From experience, dads are usually terrible at dealing with their wives. As evidenced - "tough it out" is less than ideal advice when dealing with a parent who is borderline abusive.
Pages: 1 ... 5559 5560 [5561] 5562 5563 ... 8156