Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5676 5677 [5678] 5679 5680 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8583472 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #85155 on: December 05, 2014, 11:44:00 pm »

Yeah, replacing light bulbs is not fun.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #85156 on: December 05, 2014, 11:49:31 pm »

Well, it's actually pretty trivial, but I don't have one at the moment and it's dark >.<

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85157 on: December 05, 2014, 11:50:41 pm »

I mean going out and buying them. So expensive, and you've got to get the right kind.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85158 on: December 06, 2014, 12:53:45 am »

Saw a Battle Of The Five Armies trailer commercial on TV. And then I realized that it was right.

This is gonna be the end of middle earth. Which is...I dunno. I feel weird...Like...Genuinely sad about that. It's something I've always treasured...But all good things must die one day.

...Right?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85159 on: December 06, 2014, 12:55:28 am »

I don't know, there are plenty of stories in The Silmarillion that could be adapted to the big screen, so if that is your thing, do not despair yet.  Of course, many people would then complain about the adaptions and thus would despair, but to each their own.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85160 on: December 06, 2014, 12:56:12 am »

I think they'll find something else to make a movie about for the middle earth.

There was plenty of other stuff going on.
Heck they could probably pull off making one for the forging of the rings and the battle to stop sauron and take the ring
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #85161 on: December 06, 2014, 01:00:47 am »

Flabort cancels brew drink from bean: Stark Raving Mad!
Flabort cancels insane: Stricken by Melancholy.

So... my boss quit yesterday. Again. I doubt they'll be able to talk her back here a sixth time. Yeah, it's the sixth time the same person has quit the same job.

That's not why I'm mad or sad.

1) One of my co-workers will not learn. Everything we teach her goes in one ear and out the other. Like a cross between... uh... Gloria from Modern Family and Sue from The Middle, to pick two modern TV shows. I want to give a coffee promise (a coupon that means "we're sorry we messed up your order, have a free one on us") for every single thing she serves. Also, her voice is very grating, like... well, the same two characters.
2) The evening supervisor has a temper problem; he doesn't realize that he's angry, and he's only vocal, but when he's stressed he shows it easily, and it comes out as frustration and anger. He's usually jovial and such, but he does scare everyone when he's upset. Also, he scares everyone when he sneezes, but that's irrelevant.
3) My boss's boss has this half-quebecfrench-half-middleeast accent that is so thick that I can't understand most of what he's saying. He has basically the same penny pinching policies as his predecessor, and the guy before him too... I'm so tired of throwing out perfectly good baked goods, because of some bogus story of somebody suing a company for getting sick because of a sandwich that he pulled out of the garbage, and the (probably fictional) dumpster diver with food-poisoning won because the food passed through the kitchen. The story doesn't even make sense, because the food was thrown out; if it was thrown out, then it makes no difference if we're throwing our food out or giving it to charity, because we can be sued either way. Also, he's only around when there's a major problem, and comes up with ideas to 'fix' the problem by changing something completely irrelevant, which always makes things WORSE, so I always get this feeling of dread whenever I see him.
4) Our free lunch just got more restricted. We used to get $10 food PLUS a drink, like fruit juice or chocolate milk. Now the drink has to fit within the $10. Half the menu was over $8.50, and the drink is $2.50; see where this is going? Yeah, there's far less variety available to staff for lunch now, AND the healthier options were the more expensive. Also, we are forbidden from the daily specials, even if we can afford them now. This is disrespectful.
5) We still don't have the full menu available at my kiosk; I am so very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very sick and tired of telling customers that we don't have item X because we're too small a kiosk, try this other place nearby because they have it, or we don't have item Y because the machine we need to keep that cold or make it at all has been in the repair shop for a week. Also, if we only HAD the lunch menu items that being a Tim Hortons implies, then problem #4 wouldn't be a problem, because Tim Horton's food is relatively cheap and healthy compared to anything else available to us.
6) AAAAAAARG. MY BACK. 'Z' SHAPE. TALLEST STAFF MEMBER, HEAVY ITEMS ON TOP SHELF. NOT TIMS POLICY, HEAVY ITEMS SUPPOSED TO BE BELOW, CHARTWELLS FAULT THEY'RE UP.
7) One staff member either A) has had so many bad boyfriends and stalkers that she needs to be put into WITNESS PROTECTION and pulled out of work, or B) is a compulsive liar, and either way I'm getting very worried about her mental state.
8 ) My shift is so very long. I want a shorter shift, or maybe to alternate days, but we can't even hire enough staff to do either. We're even sending out offers to the "Work Wanted" portion of kijiji, meaning "I'm so undesirable that I can't get a job, will SOMEBODY hire me?" people are the kinds of people we've been hiring most recently. I'm told this is a very bad sign for a company, if they can't attract people instead of going out looking for people.
9) I hate fridays, because of the short days; we close earlier, meaning I'm still there when we have to close, which makes my shift almost an hour LONGER. People tell me "TGIF", and I desperately want to give them the Finger. But I can't, because I have conditioned myself to never swear unless it's a life-threatening emergency, and was raised on the believe that the Finger is a swear. I am incapable of raising the Finger to anyone because it would break my brain to do so. Which leads me to...
10) I have no way to vent about any of this, because I can't report any of it, because it's not violence, food-safety, health-and-safety, harassment, or ANY of those kinds of things that you can report to a boss, and I can't get in to see a doctor because I'm always working! The things I can report, and ALREADY HAVE:
11) The morning supervisor harasses all the customers. Many of the regulars laugh, but I'm positive it's scarring off any potential new customers.
12) I found a crushed moth in the lettuce that I was about to serve. Whoever prepared the lettuce and gave it to me to put on sandwiches was not at all careful.
13) OK, I guess #6 I actually can report, since if somebody is unable to do heavy lifting anymore they're supposed to report it, but I just don't have the time to go to the office and report it, because I'm always swamped with work to do. And when I do have time, it's after hours and the people who I could report it to actually leave work several hours before it could be considered "after hours". YEAH! EARLY. EVERY DAY. BECAUSE MANAGEMENT IS F***ING CORRUPT.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85162 on: December 06, 2014, 01:05:13 am »

Battle of the Five Armies DOES make me sad, although for different reasons. Its just sad that there's a movie for it. Its literally 1-3 CHAPTERS in the original Hobbit book. I see no reason to stretch that into a movie. I really didn't see a reason to make more then one Hobbit movie in the first place, let alone a trilogy. And its sort of sad that Tolkien's work is being... not quite butchered, but certainly REFITTED into this thing.

* Arcvasti sighs

Dramatization makes me sad. That said, I didn't mind the original LoTR trilogy movies. Which reminds me, I should reread LoTR, once I'm done with Lovecraft and ASOIAF[I have no idea which of the letters in that acronym shouldn't be capitalized, if any.].

EDIT:
-Text Fortress of workplace hell-

* Arcvasti extends sympathies to Flabort[And also Mastah, MZ and Sirus, who also have annoying jobs]

That sounds horribly unpleasant. In your shoes, I'd either be screaming my head off or icily making snarky comments about everything under my breath. Or both.

* Arcvasti can't wait for post-scarcity society
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85163 on: December 06, 2014, 01:11:33 am »

I'm nonplussed to the Hobbit movies at this point. I know I'm going to wind up seeing it in theaters with the family, though, since my folks are diehard Tolkien fans.

And jeez, flabort. I hope you do get that complaint filed, though, since long term back problems are not something you'll want to deal with.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85164 on: December 06, 2014, 01:13:15 am »

That sounds horribly unpleasant. In your shoes, I'd either be screaming my head off or icily making snarky comments about everything under my breath. Or both.
Both. Yes. And in addition, wearing non-uniform pins on my shirt.
Which nobody has asked me to take off.
Even the boss-boss saw it, asked what it was, and when I explained it represented a videogame about violence, he said he liked videogames.
I'm trying to rebel and find a way to vent about how I hate blending in and not being able to complain, and you just approve of my non-standard apparel? Arg.
The Cyan Menace

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85165 on: December 06, 2014, 01:28:10 am »

I don't know, there are plenty of stories in The Silmarillion that could be adapted to the big screen, so if that is your thing, do not despair yet.  Of course, many people would then complain about the adaptions and thus would despair, but to each their own.
TOM BOMBADIL THE MOVIE

10/10
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85166 on: December 06, 2014, 01:29:52 am »

TOM BOMBADIL THE MOVIE

10/10
I fully support this movie and will do everything I can to make it a reality.
Because he should have been in the original trilogy movies.
Still bitter about that.
The Cyan Menace

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #85167 on: December 06, 2014, 01:32:12 am »

Unfortunately, the Tolkien estate refuses to transfer the movie rights for any other Middle Earth works, and has done so for something like twenty, thirty years. LoTR and The Hobbit weren't affected by this because the rights were already out there from previous licences, and could simply be bought from the existing licence holders.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85168 on: December 06, 2014, 01:36:18 am »

TOM BOMBADIL THE MOVIE

10/10
Still bitter about that.

+1

Hell fucking yes.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85169 on: December 06, 2014, 01:40:04 am »

TOM BOMBADIL THE MOVIE

10/10
Still bitter about that.
He's
motherfucking
TOM
BOMBADIL
FEAR HIM
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 5676 5677 [5678] 5679 5680 ... 8156