Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5685 5686 [5687] 5688 5689 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8540895 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #85290 on: December 08, 2014, 02:39:40 pm »

People doing this with my mod makes me excessively sad.
fuck i cant handle all of this edge

I don't know what that means.

Also I swear your avatar is a bit character from the phoenix wright games on gameboy.
It means that OP in the link is being "edgy" i.e, doing controversial things for attention because they have a juvenile conception of what makes somebody "badass". You know, like teenagers who talk about how they wish their parents were dead and such.

man I have a habit of accusing people of doing that, but.. this is so specific and fucked up. How could he have thought this would ever be perceived as edgy or make him cool and controversial.

This is the kind of thing that quite possibly, in the future, could escalate to him doing it in real life. He was very eager to see me complete this mod, it was in his mind the whole time. (Which I did not know at all.)

That thought is so deranged, and so dangerous, I don't know...

man I have a habit of accusing people of doing that, but.. this is so specific and fucked up. How could he have thought this would ever be perceived as edgy or make him cool and controversial.
No such thing as bad publicity. And you'd be surprised what thought processes people, especially teenagers (don't know Gnorm's age, but...) can end up employing.
Umph :s
I made a study on these kinds of behaviors in Psych [which became a Documentary; Discrimination of {Sexuality} in Society]. The cause is deeply rooted...
* Tiruin hugs smeeprocket :X
Deeply rooted, as in, it connects with the person's viewpoint of the world (and/or is just an intrusive thought really manifesting--however actually making a story about it and posting it? Less of an intrusive thought and acting upon it).

Wherein in many cases--there's always a negative note on the viewpoint towards the person or entity being discriminated. Negative note as in, there's...something different in what they see. Considering the wording of the thread and how it was presented, though, its far less of a personal story and more on...something coming from personal notes--a storyteller would issue a disclaimer or in the least, an introduction in relation to the mod.

This one just jumped right into it. So yeah, some guy with cognitive distortion there if he sees that as something even notable as right. >.> Many factors follow that kind of thinking--notably the lack of empathy or humanism towards others in that regard, though this is my opinion based on study and research. While considering the wording of the post, the author does show clear control and proficiency with the language: there's little room for regard of innocent intent with that ._. Unless...they were raised to believe and differentiate something into non-humane ideas and stuff.

If y'all wish, I could explain it in detail (meaning: references for better clarity:P) but...unsure if this should continue to be discussed here. Also the case isn't merely with teenagers, but with anybody's awareness and exposure to facets of information regarding these occurrences and the topic in general; less of a case of 'being exposed to the idea' and more on how the idea is explained and looked at. Less of a case of age and education but more on how the idea is handled.

As for 4chan, all I'll say is that it's the human condition, unfiltered. Results may vary.
...Hum?
Curious here on what you mean by human condition o-o If you mean about aggressive behavior--its not inherent to the human condition but learned. :P If you mean interaction with others, it goes with social observation and interpersonal learning :o
Stuff!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 02:48:15 pm by Tiruin »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #85291 on: December 08, 2014, 02:57:40 pm »

Tir, pretty sure MZ was referring to 4chan's anonymity, which lets people act in ways they may otherwise not due to not wanting those thoughts or actions be associated with their identity. It's basically unfiltered human thinking. Results may vary.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #85292 on: December 08, 2014, 02:59:53 pm »

I have mountains of work piling up and no will to do any of it. I also feel rather useless.

A minor sad, granted, but a sad nonetheless.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #85293 on: December 08, 2014, 03:09:02 pm »

Tir, pretty sure MZ was referring to 4chan's anonymity, which lets people act in ways they may otherwise not due to not wanting those thoughts or actions be associated with their identity. It's basically unfiltered human thinking. Results may vary.
Decentralized information? :O
Ahh, got it. Thanks ._.

I have mountains of work piling up and no will to do any of it. I also feel rather useless.

A minor sad, granted, but a sad nonetheless.
Push through that illusion of no willpower! :D Then you'd not feel useless.
...Yeah, that was my sad weeks ago :I Bluhh that.
In cases like these, no will =/= impossible (though its commonly seen as a major factor into doing it; consider first what the act is to be done, then if it should be done and such: here, it should) :P
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:14:35 pm by Tiruin »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85294 on: December 08, 2014, 03:27:16 pm »

Well, that thread and the OP both got nuked to oblivion. Not surprised.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #85295 on: December 08, 2014, 03:27:53 pm »

Well, that thread and the OP both got nuked to oblivion. Not surprised.

Good riddance.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85296 on: December 08, 2014, 03:36:13 pm »

I don't know what that means.

Also I swear your avatar is a bit character from the phoenix wright games on gameboy.
Edgy is, as has been said already, when people (teenagers or more realistically middle-aged marketers trying to market to teenagers) try to appear dangerous and weird without actually going to any risk to be either of those things. By doing stuff of no consequence, like chatting shit or posting... that thing.

And the character is from Trials and Tribulations, which is the final one released on DS (besides Investigations but ssh).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #85297 on: December 08, 2014, 03:49:41 pm »

I've been following the original mod thread but apparently going to bed makes me miss things. I don't suppose someone would be kind enough to PM me about what happened?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85298 on: December 08, 2014, 03:50:49 pm »

I don't suppose someone would be kind enough to PM me about what happened?
I, too, have an insatiable curiosity.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #85299 on: December 08, 2014, 03:55:48 pm »

See link in Smeeprocket's sig.

Imagine the worst possible thing you can do in such a mod.

That happened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #85300 on: December 08, 2014, 03:56:50 pm »

Uck. I really need to learn when to not ask questions.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85301 on: December 08, 2014, 03:57:45 pm »

Uck. I really need to learn when to not ask questions.

My insatiable curiosity was my downfall ):

Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #85302 on: December 08, 2014, 04:10:43 pm »

*Sigh* another banning. What he did was way out of line, but it's always sad to see people fall.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85303 on: December 08, 2014, 04:32:35 pm »

I made a study on these kinds of behaviors in Psych [which became a Documentary; Discrimination of {Sexuality} in Society]. The cause is deeply rooted...
* Tiruin hugs smeeprocket :X
Deeply rooted, as in, it connects with the person's viewpoint of the world (and/or is just an intrusive thought really manifesting--however actually making a story about it and posting it? Less of an intrusive thought and acting upon it).
I would counter that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, or sometimes the cigar really is a penis, but the cigar-penis is ignored by the owner. While your perspective isn't wrong, per se, I'm sure as somebody who's studied psych is aware of the risk of doing too much psychology.
As for 4chan, all I'll say is that it's the human condition, unfiltered. Results may vary.
...Hum?
Curious here on what you mean by human condition o-o If you mean about aggressive behavior--its not inherent to the human condition but learned. :P If you mean interaction with others, it goes with social observation and interpersonal learning :o
Stuff!
Decentralized information? :O
Ahh, got it. Thanks ._.
I mean that, but also that 4chan goes all over the place. Mind you, it's mostly shitposting, but I think there's a lot you can learn about thought from that place. From /tg/ to /x/ to /pol/ (RIP /pol/, you will not be missed), it's a bizarrely interesting experience to read what people post on that site.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:36:52 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85304 on: December 08, 2014, 04:34:31 pm »

Eh. I won't miss him. Dude was a dick.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 5685 5686 [5687] 5688 5689 ... 8155