Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5777 5778 [5779] 5780 5781 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8599802 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #86670 on: January 08, 2015, 09:11:40 pm »

I too would watch that show and read that book. Seems like something I'd read.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #86671 on: January 08, 2015, 11:23:31 pm »

In more lighthearted sads, I found Transistor's plot to be surprisingly disappointing. I get to the end and all I can think is, "I still don't know who any of these people are or why I'm supposed to care." It feels like somebody painted a perspective image of a deep chasm beneath a puddle - it looks like it ought to be pretty deep but on closer inspection all I can detect is shallowness.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #86672 on: January 08, 2015, 11:47:58 pm »

In more lighthearted sads, I found Transistor's plot to be surprisingly disappointing. I get to the end and all I can think is, "I still don't know who any of these people are or why I'm supposed to care." It feels like somebody painted a perspective image of a deep chasm beneath a puddle - it looks like it ought to be pretty deep but on closer inspection all I can detect is shallowness.
Yeah, the plot isn't the best, but damn that epic music (humming simulator go!) and awesome gameplay. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #86673 on: January 08, 2015, 11:51:22 pm »

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's the most beautiful damn puddle I've ever had the pleasure of looking at on this machine.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #86674 on: January 09, 2015, 12:57:51 am »

Have you ever had the problem of just feeling too bogged down by the fanbase of a show to the point that it's impacting your enjoyment? I've been having a problem with G-Reco in that I really like the show and use to look forward to every episode so much, but everywhere I go there's just constant back and forth arguments or reminders of the the arguing between the people who like it/have no trouble following it and the people who don't, and it's starting to impact my ability to enjoy watching it and ruining my enthusiasm and making me feel a little depressed because I just want the fandom war to eeeeennnnd.
It's FEF, not FEOF

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #86675 on: January 09, 2015, 01:01:59 am »

Have you ever had the problem of just feeling too bogged down by the fanbase of a show to the point that it's impacting your enjoyment? I've been having a problem with G-Reco in that I really like the show and use to look forward to every episode so much, but everywhere I go there's just constant back and forth arguments or reminders of the the arguing between the people who like it/have no trouble following it and the people who don't, and it's starting to impact my ability to enjoy watching it and ruining my enthusiasm and making me feel a little depressed because I just want the fandom war to eeeeennnnd.
Doctor Who. But because of different fan behavior.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #86676 on: January 09, 2015, 01:06:41 am »

Star Wars. Because shut the fuck up with all your damn whining and moaning about how much the prequels supposedly sucked no one gives two shits now go watch the laser sword fights
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86677 on: January 09, 2015, 01:22:07 am »

I'm just a retard and I'm not sure what to do.

This time I hit a car for real, and under the stupidest circumstances. I'm pulling out at night to go to work. Some snow on my hood blows up and covers my windshield, my wipers aren't working due to ice. I'm blinded for like a few seconds, and right when I'm about to stop to handle it by hand, I smash right into a car parked on the side of the road.

The owner comes out of their house rightaway. The fender is busted, and I'm in a hurry. I try to smooth things over the best I can and all I can think to do is exchange information and promise to call them in the morning.

I call my Mom, since we're on the same insurance, and she tells me that parking on the side of the road is not allowed where we live and that I SHOULD NOT call them, but instead wait for them to call us. Then that we should try to smooth things over without insurance getting involved, and now I feel really conflicted cause I'm sure Mom's gonna start a fight with these people.

Cause the last thing I want is to damage someone's car and then be dick about it.

I'm just so upset with myself.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #86678 on: January 09, 2015, 01:22:53 am »

Star Wars. Because shut the fuck up with all your damn whining and moaning about how much the prequels supposedly sucked no one gives two shits now go watch the laser sword fights

You defending Jar Jar Binks, son?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #86679 on: January 09, 2015, 01:25:14 am »

Him in the first movie was bad, and Natalie Portman's romance in the second was horrible. So what? I hated nearly all the protagonists in the original trilogy, doesn't mean they're not at least semi-good movies.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86680 on: January 09, 2015, 01:26:27 am »

This time I hit a car for real, and under the stupidest circumstances. I'm pulling out at night to go to work. Some snow on my hood blows up and covers my windshield, my wipers aren't working due to ice. I'm blinded for like a few seconds, and right when I'm about to stop to handle it by hand, I smash right into a car parked on the side of the road.

The owner comes out of their house rightaway. The fender is busted, and I'm in a hurry. I try to smooth things over the best I can and all I can think to do is exchange information and promise to call them in the morning.

I call my Mom, since we're on the same insurance, and she tells me that parking on the side of the road is not allowed where we live and that I SHOULD NOT call them, but instead wait for them to call us. Then that we should try to smooth things over without insurance getting involved, and now I feel really conflicted cause I'm sure Mom's gonna start a fight with these people.

Cause the last thing I want is to damage someone's car and then be dick about it.

Don't be, there wasn't much you could do to prevent it. Bad luck. Does your mom have a history of starting fights when it comes to this kind of thing?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:28:21 am by HugoLuman »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #86681 on: January 09, 2015, 01:26:35 am »

The proper thing to do would have been to contact the local police on the non-emergency line, report the accident, and follow their directions. This provides you with some protection should it come to a disputed claim, and in the event that the other car was illegally parked (which I doubt, honestly), you would have a paper trail backing you up.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86682 on: January 09, 2015, 01:35:46 am »

I just feel this is gonna be a costly mistake no matter what I do. :X

But yeah, Mom's attitude is volatile at best, so I'm not sure what she's gonna do.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86683 on: January 09, 2015, 03:30:23 am »

Stupid foot tendon, flattening out and putting me in such pain and keeping me awake so late.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86684 on: January 09, 2015, 08:26:32 am »

I just feel this is gonna be a costly mistake no matter what I do. :X

But yeah, Mom's attitude is volatile at best, so I'm not sure what she's gonna do.

Now I need advice. I had just spoken again to the man this morning outside as I was pulling in from work. He says he called for a police report last night, but I wasn't informed of that at the time. He acknowledges he was illegally parked without my having to ask. He says he just wants insurance to handle it.

I'm simply not sure where to go from here. I thought I'd have had to been present at a police report. That and I still need to go and write down his insurance information cause I still don't have that.

Where should I go from here?

(as expected, my Mom is still being the most difficult and frustrating part of this whole ordeal)
Pages: 1 ... 5777 5778 [5779] 5780 5781 ... 8156