Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5786 5787 [5788] 5789 5790 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8573181 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #86805 on: January 11, 2015, 01:50:42 am »

You might want to get help, Kaladin. I know that feeling, and its definitely not nice. In the meantime, mention offhandedly that you were gone and look at your friends'/acquiantances' awkward faces as they are struck speechless.
I don't know anyone to get help from though.

And mentioning that I was gone doesn't get a reaction because no one really cares... I've tried before.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #86806 on: January 11, 2015, 02:12:35 am »

Doesn't your school have any social workers? Seek them out if possible. Barring that, talk about your feelings to a teacher. If they (sing.) don't seem to care, talk to another. Barring that, any health institution can point you to someone to talk to.

Ninjaedit: Also consider talking to your parents/legal guardians.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86807 on: January 11, 2015, 03:10:32 am »

I give up.
No one cares anyways.

I spent three days this week laying in bed because I couldn't be bothered to get up, and no one cared. I went to school and no one noticed I had been gone. I didn't even get marked absent by any of my teachers...
Apparently I could just disappear and no one would notice.
Hey. Don't be like that. We care that you're here, and you brighten up the forums, and certainly my little game, too. I like you, Kal. If you need to PM someone, please feel free to shoot me one. As a dad, I'm qualified to make corny jokes and sometimes give a little advice if you need it (but don't count on that. It's not an abacus.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #86808 on: January 11, 2015, 04:02:31 am »

I give up.
No one cares anyways.

I spent three days this week laying in bed because I couldn't be bothered to get up, and no one cared. I went to school and no one noticed I had been gone. I didn't even get marked absent by any of my teachers...

Please don't just disappear. I'd miss you.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #86809 on: January 11, 2015, 05:12:02 am »

Doesn't your school have any social workers? Seek them out if possible. Barring that, talk about your feelings to a teacher. If they (sing.) don't seem to care, talk to another. Barring that, any health institution can point you to someone to talk to.

Ninjaedit: Also consider talking to your parents/legal guardians.
I've tried all of those already. :-\

I don't even know where to begin solving any of my problems, because I have an almost complete lack of support and I don't know what to do to fix them myself.

Hey. Don't be like that. We care that you're here, and you brighten up the forums, and certainly my little game, too. I like you, Kal. If you need to PM someone, please feel free to shoot me one. As a dad, I'm qualified to make corny jokes and sometimes give a little advice if you need it (but don't count on that. It's not an abacus.)
Thanks MZ. :)
And Arx/Hugo too...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #86810 on: January 11, 2015, 07:36:07 am »

I'm not sure how much e-support is worth in this economy, but you have mine anyway. My PM box is also open, but that goes for everyone because I hardly ever get PMs.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86811 on: January 11, 2015, 08:07:32 am »

It's late, and maybe I'm overthinking things, but I think I know what kind of person I am. I'm the kind of person that's just tolerable enough for casual conversation when we happen to be in the same room, but either too distant or boring or serious or whatever to do anything with outside of that. I was the go-to dog to kick until high school, and by then my skin had gotten too thick for my own good. It's been that way for years, looking back, but only now has it really hit home. And now, though I may "have my moments," at the end of the day I'm really just a longtime acquaintance at best. I simply don't know how to be anything else, and that makes me sad. But I also feel a strange serenity. Like I've been granted the first revelation on the path to some kind of enlightenment. It feels good to get that off my chest, even if it's in such an impersonal way as this. Impersonal, it seems, is what I'm comfortable with.

Learn how to be something else, then.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86812 on: January 11, 2015, 08:28:02 am »

Also of note is that NZ has a ridiculously high number of gang members to population, and most of their violence is knife-related, not gun-related.

Thats how it started in America.  Listening to my uncles, and other older peoples.
  It started as fights.  You won or lost, and maybe got an asswhoppin', but you went home that night.
    Knives were occasionally there, but they would escalate quickly to guns.

Beware.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #86813 on: January 11, 2015, 09:09:17 am »

Also of note is that NZ has a ridiculously high number of gang members to population, and most of their violence is knife-related, not gun-related.
Thats how it started in America.  Listening to my uncles, and other older peoples.
  It started as fights.  You won or lost, and maybe got an asswhoppin', but you went home that night.
    Knives were occasionally there, but they would escalate quickly to guns.

Beware.
It's fine, they're all in the North Island.

Also, can people stop sending me PMs? I didn't expect, y'know, a dozen of the bloody things.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86814 on: January 11, 2015, 09:17:20 am »

It's fine, they're all in the North Island.
I was going to make a witty joke about NZ here, but then I couldn't think of one. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #86815 on: January 11, 2015, 09:37:58 am »

Yeah, I can't think of any either.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86816 on: January 11, 2015, 09:53:42 am »

it's rather hard to think of any jokes about new zealand for some reason
the reason being that new zealand is the wittiest joke itself, HOHOHO~
also if you say you don't get pms you will get pms that's what the forum does

i could say that my pm box is not filled with account numbers and pins and swim in shekels come morning

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #86817 on: January 11, 2015, 10:54:08 am »

I give up.
No one cares anyways.

Please don't just disappear. I'd miss you.
^This.
^This.
Also a good note to take in if you aren't marked absent by your teachers is to ask :P
...That happens to me, by the way xD and I sit at front. In front of the teacher's table. And she's the head teacher of our course.
So sometimes, its not a bad thing that you're 'forgotten' with that note--its all in how you take it (without asking)

Also people do care. :-\ Don't take it that way merely because it seems evident around you. Seek and ask if they care, as one resort.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #86818 on: January 11, 2015, 04:29:50 pm »

I have some kind of  a computer virus which doesn't let me open control panel or anything else in Windows Explorer.

E: Good lord, the hard drive is corrupted now D:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 05:23:36 pm by McDonald »
I'm with stupid |
                      v

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #86819 on: January 11, 2015, 07:59:21 pm »

I have some kind of  a computer virus which doesn't let me open control panel or anything else in Windows Explorer.

E: Good lord, the hard drive is corrupted now D:
Yikes. Did you try looking for and purging malware with your security program? Rebooting your computer? It's probably not as bad as you think, unless someone somewhere has really goofed up.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 5786 5787 [5788] 5789 5790 ... 8156