Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5968 5969 [5970] 5971 5972 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8570937 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89535 on: March 03, 2015, 11:36:45 pm »

Shitty movies of good books, and shitty movie remakes of good movies, and shitty movies in general.

Which also leads to the point that I feel bad about feeling bad about silly things.

Huzzuh...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89536 on: March 03, 2015, 11:38:45 pm »

For other coolkids using Darkling, does blue do the same things to your eyes as it does mine?

It messes with my focus or something like that. I've noticed this happening for other thin deep-blue lines on computer screens.

I have the same problem with small blue lights at night. LEDs for example.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #89537 on: March 03, 2015, 11:39:25 pm »

It was more the formatting than just the links (over at GitP they have a recurring problem with spambots that look just like that) that triggered the spambot sense.

As for utility bills, we've had triple-digit overcharges a few times because of "estimated" power use. It gets credited eventually, but eventually doesn't help much when you have to come up with 300 dollars this month to avoid electricity shutoff.

Not as bad as a cousin of mine who got free electricity for a year (the power company employee that installed her meter shorted it, keeping it from reading, and they kept circular-filing her queries on the subject), then got hit with a 10k bill (far, far more than she could possibly have used, her normal usage was under $80/month) when they finally figured it out. It took several lawyers to sort that situation out.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89538 on: March 04, 2015, 12:04:38 am »

The Southern Suburbs have been !!Southern Suburbs!! for four days now and the water level in one of the lakes is incredibly low. Also yesterday had an all-time high temperature.

It had better rain today.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #89539 on: March 04, 2015, 12:14:49 am »

Couldn't we just build all unisex bathrooms, to eliminate this "but what bathroom" thing?

Plus the current system is as sexist as separating bathrooms by color was racist.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #89540 on: March 04, 2015, 12:17:09 am »

Quote from: Truean
Not really a quote
Couldn't we just build all unisex bathrooms, to eliminate this "but what bathroom" thing?

My (weird and very liberal) college has at least one single occupant bathroom in almost every building, plus they're slowly turning the rest of the bathrooms into unisex bathrooms. The ones in the dorms get temporary labels sometimes when people visit from other schools and stay there, but on the whole people are pretty cool about it. I don't know how well they'd work in a big city, admittedly. If you lived in Olympia, I don't think anyone would think twice about which bathroom you're going into if you're presenting yourself as the right gender for the bathroom. But most places don't have this high of a LGBTQ population.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89541 on: March 04, 2015, 12:17:45 am »

Depression intensifies. Cause still not known. I don't even know what to type. Genders are annoying. I drank some hot chocolate and it burned my tongue. I'm going to go play video games and cry now.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89542 on: March 04, 2015, 12:19:05 am »

Plus the current system is as sexist as separating bathrooms by color was racist.

It really isn't sexist.
Different physical needs result in seperate rooms. Would you also have those who are disabled or very young also in these singular toilets?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #89543 on: March 04, 2015, 12:24:02 am »

AFAIK the only structural difference is that female bathrooms don't tend to have urinals.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #89544 on: March 04, 2015, 12:31:15 am »

They do put couches in the women's restrooms on occasion around here, but I wouldn't sit on them even if they did try to equalize that.

But yeah, it'd be way easier to chisel off the current signs and just put one up advertising the presence or absence of urinals.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89545 on: March 04, 2015, 12:59:21 am »

It really isn't sexist.
Different physical needs result in seperate rooms. Would you also have those who are disabled or very young also in these singular toilets?

What are these different physical needs? Why don't these needs result in people having separate gendered toilets in their houses?

The only difference I am aware of is that men's public restrooms rooms sometimes has urinals, but it is otherwise identical. Disabled toilets have a railing and a much larger space for things like a wheelchair, so it seems to be a pretty unfair comparison, at least as far as I can tell.

Just put some urinals in this unisex bathroom, people will or wont use them if they wish. Problem solved.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89546 on: March 04, 2015, 01:05:16 am »

Pretty much the only reason to have separate bathrooms is for creeps.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #89547 on: March 04, 2015, 01:09:15 am »

Pretty much the only reason to have separate bathrooms is for creeps.
+1

It's a damn good reason, too.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89548 on: March 04, 2015, 01:11:29 am »

I didn't like this video because it was douchey, but it's the opinion of the majority, and all of the comments are the opinions of the majority.

Also on the note of urinals.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #89549 on: March 04, 2015, 01:56:47 am »

My mom uses the "men's" washrooms whenever there is a line. Because really, why wait?
Also, my little sister has used urinals more than I have. And she loves to pee on trees for some reason, so she used to go take a juice box and go for a walk in the woods so she had an excuse to pee standing up on a tree.
Pages: 1 ... 5968 5969 [5970] 5971 5972 ... 8156