Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6002 6003 [6004] 6005 6006 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8570490 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90045 on: March 13, 2015, 09:37:08 pm »

That, along with the despair of a lack of work hasn't really helped me much, and I was on the verge of being creative again too.

On the plus side, I at least got a nostalgia wave hit me, and a few classic games on my to-play list to at least distract me enough to potentially jump-start something. I don't know what, but hopefully, something will connect to this stray flywheel, and take-off.

Of course, in my case, I'm not waiting for a green light, but rather, a sign of what 'intrusive spirit' is responsible for all this to make a mistake so I can snare it, and figure out what the hell it is, research it, and find a way to exploit it as a resource (like trapping an ice elemental, and using it as an air conditioner; or a fire elemental to power a furnace. This 'being' is going to pay dearly for all the time wasted. (Wasting time is MY job.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:51:50 pm by Itnetlolor »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90046 on: March 13, 2015, 09:37:26 pm »

I'm once again starting to feel like i'm not fully in control of my own actions. I know that i should and want to do some things, but i frequently end up not doing them. It's like i have to wait for some external force to give me the green light before doing anything, even by myself and for myself, barring routine actions such as eating and sleeping and such. For example, i still have a vast amount of cool things in my head that i want to draw, but i can't get myself going on them. Another example being Angry Laser Space, where we're actually getting rather close to going gold, but i have a LOT of trouble getting started on the final sprint. Usually i just end up gaming or doing nothing instead, and with every little failure to do something that i want to do, my mood worsens ever so slightly.

:<

I'm not even sure what's scaring me off of the things like that, but it's bothering me.

*shakes hand*

YOU AND ME BOTH, BUDDY

This. So much.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:40:02 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90047 on: March 13, 2015, 09:43:18 pm »

Welcome to the club.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #90048 on: March 13, 2015, 09:46:48 pm »

Huh, so it's not an uncommon problem. I'm not sure how i feel about that. :I

I've ran into the same exact problem several times. What I did that helped was to put a file in the middle of my desktop titled "JUST DO IT". As a result when I first sit down at the computer I ask myself if there's something else I really want to do, then I just get up and do it right then instead of browsing the computer. It's definitely helped me at least cut down on my procrastination and get some of the cooler things I wanted to do done.
I might have to try that, although i honestly don't look that much at my desktop. Might still pierce the thick soup of my subconscious, though.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #90049 on: March 13, 2015, 09:51:56 pm »

I might have to try that, although i honestly don't look that much at my desktop. Might still pierce the thick soup of my subconscious, though.
If you don't look at your desktop much another thing that might be worth considering is setting your browser starting home page to something like http://www.adweek.com/files/blogs/just-do-it-hed-2013.jpg instead.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90050 on: March 13, 2015, 09:59:06 pm »

I'm once again starting to feel like i'm not fully in control of my own actions. I know that i should and want to do some things, but i frequently end up not doing them. It's like i have to wait for some external force to give me the green light before doing anything, even by myself and for myself, barring routine actions such as eating and sleeping and such. For example, i still have a vast amount of cool things in my head that i want to draw, but i can't get myself going on them. Another example being Angry Laser Space, where we're actually getting rather close to going gold, but i have a LOT of trouble getting started on the final sprint. Usually i just end up gaming or doing nothing instead, and with every little failure to do something that i want to do, my mood worsens ever so slightly.

I'm not even sure what's scaring me off of the things like that, but it's bothering me.
I KNOW THIS FEEL

ARE YOU ME?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #90051 on: March 13, 2015, 10:00:44 pm »

I AM ALL THERE IS AND ALL THERE WILL BE

If you don't look at your desktop much another thing that might be worth considering is setting your browser starting home page to something like http://www.adweek.com/files/blogs/just-do-it-hed-2013.jpg instead.
Well, the biggest problem there is that it reminds me too much of Nike for me to take it seriously. Instead, i have made a message for myself.

Spoiler: TO SHOOK FROM SHOOK (click to show/hide)

It might work? :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90052 on: March 13, 2015, 10:48:23 pm »

Life-defining speech
Yeah, I think I've hit a point where I no longer actually feel regret for this.
Which might be a bad thing.

Edit: I Held it together.
Spoiler: Until (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:46:40 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #90053 on: March 14, 2015, 12:51:04 am »

Hmm, unsure if this is talking about feelings and emotions, but as I read this, thoughts came by about my past which I would like to share. :O As a general note.

Feelings and emotions are guides. They are not your choices.

Feeling fully in control of your own actions is a subtle notion--defining the grounds here, if you choose not to act, and instead idle around, that exemplifies the projection of your choice, and thus shows your control; one thing to note is that the usual belief of 'I should act as to how I feel' is termed as emotional reasoning: it is fallible, and not always right. It is fallible, and not always wrong. Just because this notion is known now, doesn't make you any less of a person or a bigger failure (failure is an empirical construct--it does not predict the future [ie What you CAN be and who you are], but describes how one perceives the present). It's the knowledge you have and how you use it.

There's the old adage which speaks: "Push yourself towards your dreams, and alight from roots which do not feel." You need an idea, and you need a goal, not necessarily the motivation to do such acts, but the idea that you have a 'destination' per se, at hand to do. Push away the notion of success and failure, but keep in mind the idea of that goal, and that it will be done (obviously considering ethics, given the general tone of my words here).

If feelings and emotions ruled lives, as a primary consideration of life, then many, many things we see today would not exist, as well as the many uplifting and 'honorable' attitudes we look up to wouldn't exist either.

To top all this off, I'll share a bit of myself these past months: I feel 'numbed'--I don't feel happiness, joy, sadness, guilt, fear, anger or otherwise, yet I am happy and able to act, because of that knowledge above. Currently, I don't feel happy when helping others, or guilt when considering a lie, probably having pulled myself into the cloud of thought and logic, though this does not necessarily feel the same either. It's my childhood all over again. x3

However what I can say, is that in the end of things, there's always the choice I've got. It's what got me through my bad childhood, despite the good wishes of others who made it bearable, and its what got me through multiple thoughts of [really bad things like depression]. Looking at others, there's always the one (and more) who are open to aid ya. There's always the point of value towards the external, and there's always the factor of choice.

One question to be asked, is Can you do this?
Another question afterwards is What makes me say no/yes?

You can do the thing, Shook (and many others) :) That's the power of control and choice. It can overcome the lack, and the void.

Edit!

Totally unrelated note in Legend of Korra: I loved Zaheer and his gang there. While their plans were...ultimately, flawed, their characterization was very much whole.
Though the representation pretty much parallels the brilliance of the design back there. Context was comparing how his group was, before they got hardened by both the world around them and their ideas.

But looking at past and present, its something to think about--how ideas propel the world we live in. :P

But seriously. I love the lore behind the world they made. Its beautiful.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 12:57:07 am by Tiruin »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #90054 on: March 14, 2015, 01:45:03 am »

My brother may have lung inflammation.
I'm not happy about this at all, if the thread I'm posting it in is any indication.
I hope he'll be alright. Has he any history of asthma?
Not as far as I know, no.
Hopefully he's alright. I should find out soon enough.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90055 on: March 14, 2015, 08:38:49 am »

This morning, I found a dismembered dove in the garden (they're all half-tame). I subsequently had a five-hour maths test, and then my lift forgot to pick me up until fifteen minutes after they were supposed to arrive.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #90056 on: March 14, 2015, 09:08:05 am »

Managed to get at least one day free this weekend, made sure all of my work was done quickly so I could participate in some programming contest.
a) I haven't gotten the confirmation e-mail, so gg, can't participate
b) my mom has decided to go clothes shopping anyway because of this. fuck having free time, right?

remind me to lie to my parents more next time and just stay on my room browsing the internet on my tablet, it appears to be the only way to stop them from laying claim on my time without asking.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 09:15:16 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #90057 on: March 14, 2015, 09:08:53 am »

Wuv you Tiruin. <3
While it is true that choosing to not act is a choice, it's not necessarily the choice that i logically or emotionally should be making. It's like it's an external force that's making me not act, instead of a conscious choice of my own, and that's what's bothering me so badly. In this case, i'm defining "fully in control of myself" as being able to do what i want to do at any given time (within my physical limitations, of course).

Also, regarding feelings and emotions, i know that this is probably going to sound like another round of "shook is trying to find reasons that he is a special snowflake", but i have reasons to believe that i may be one of those highly sensitive people (and given that it's not really that rare, it's actually possible, unlike the many other things my stupid hypochondria has been thinking of). Some of the people i chat with on the intertoobs describe themselves as being fairly unattached to their emotions, actually being legitimately able to not give a shit about things on command, while I... Well, calling myself a slave to my feelings is probably an exaggeration, but it's something like that. It's very difficult for me to toughen up, since the feelings take a LONG time to diminish with repeated exposure. To this day, it's still entirely possible for me to be rattled for an entire day after hearing a drunk old asshole yelling at someone else in the bus. :/
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #90058 on: March 14, 2015, 11:24:28 am »

Greatorder has been struck down!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90059 on: March 14, 2015, 11:39:29 am »

Car troubles :(
At least I've got a good shop in town to check it out.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6002 6003 [6004] 6005 6006 ... 8156