Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6003 6004 [6005] 6006 6007 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8573066 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90060 on: March 14, 2015, 12:02:39 pm »

As long as it's crying blood into your veins, I think you ought to be thankful.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90061 on: March 14, 2015, 12:21:37 pm »

Haha, very valid point :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90062 on: March 14, 2015, 01:12:03 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:17:46 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90063 on: March 14, 2015, 01:20:14 pm »

That sucks and they don't understand anything :/

I got as far away from my parents as I could so I wouldn't have to deal with them. Even when I talk to my mother it's with the expectation that she'll be passive-aggressive, condescending, outright vindictive/venomous, blame me for anything while never accepting fault or laughing it off, and in general be a terrible person several times throughout the majority of our conversations, so I kinda disassociate before going in. It's much better to associate with people you actually like to hang around than spend time with toxic people just because of biological ties.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90064 on: March 14, 2015, 01:30:51 pm »

...your mother basically waterboarded you. I have no words.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #90065 on: March 14, 2015, 01:43:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And i just got a relapse here. ...Ahhh.

>.> spoilered because sudden rethought.
I typed that under the idea that what was typed was something you were going to believe instead of relating what happened to cause the sad. Sorry.

You can continue through this Vector. Your past does not determine your future. The attitudes detrimentally carried by others...need not be carried by you. You're a unique individual; that much in itself, including your potential, points further on.

Oh I just spoilered the second >_> err, its to you both Vec. Sorry. If..it was taken badly. just spoilering ahead
words are messy

Alright, regained composure here.
Vector, you can change your future here. The pain from the past does not make up your present. Many others have also had that kind of notion--a reference I've heard being 'life is where love is', said to be as a supporting proverb from my very close friend who has suffered similar circumstances (she smiles as I asked what does that mean :I and gestured that I think about it...though I think telling all this without context [because I'm forgetful :/] doesn't make a very good point in itself...]
Gah I'll just spoiler it all. :-\

@greatorder: That would probably exacerbate the situation--it'd only 'repay on the same degree' what they've done; one would only learn from it, if they have knowledge of that idea which causes the realization: the act of vengeance does not meticulously work, if this knowledge is not known (other than not actually going with vengeance, this is the foundation-cause of the 'villainous exposition' mostly played on in the media ._.)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:50:52 pm by Tiruin »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #90066 on: March 14, 2015, 01:48:33 pm »

Tiruin's so nice it's uncanny.

We should forbid procreation and just give people Tiruin clones instead.

I think I just solved every issue ever.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #90067 on: March 14, 2015, 01:50:32 pm »

Vector, what might your options be in terms of moving out?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90068 on: March 14, 2015, 01:51:11 pm »

Unfortunately, forbidding procreation will only work as long as it is enforced harshly, and alcohol is also banned.

Also, I will repeat what I have said before. We need to bottle Tiruin-essence and sell it to hospitals. Or psychologists.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #90069 on: March 14, 2015, 01:55:23 pm »

Vector, what might your options be in terms of moving out?
I thnk she did move out, or at least found a place of residence which works, as far as memory goes. Friend support would help here a lot.

Also please don't praise me--the attitude is what should be praised; it is echoed within the generations, from person to person. It outlasts the lifespan of a person, and instead encompasses generations (basically, the attitudes people find good, are what make a good atmosphere and what many people move forward towards. Also I just remembered a famous psychologist who noted that people need love and goodwill. That was a nice memory.)

...Or maybe y'all are joking again and my parser is broken, along with my sarcasm radar. My pun-spotter works though!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90070 on: March 14, 2015, 02:05:56 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:17:39 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90071 on: March 14, 2015, 02:12:12 pm »

Though, needless to say, there are evil people in the world who do evil simply because they can.

Also, Eragon: Great books. Well, at the time. Ending sucked though.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #90072 on: March 14, 2015, 02:19:35 pm »

Everyone has some justification in their head behind what they do. I remember a lecture from last year (the prof is a Holocaust survivor) on how evil is actually very banal. Like, the worst of it comes from "just following orders," "it's standard procedure," "the chart says do this, don't worry about those people," and such things. I'm probably mangling it considerably, groggy as I am...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90073 on: March 14, 2015, 02:20:34 pm »

Nope, I got what you meant before the first edit.

And also got Hugo's, though he hasn't edited yet :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90074 on: March 14, 2015, 03:02:37 pm »

Most people justify their cruelty or evil to themselves, and others who go along with it just don't consider or exert their own autonomy, conscience, or will... just follow the law or an order or a tradition without question. For a simple way to relate to truly sociopathic or empathy-free behavior, imagine a person who (like a mentally developing toddler) doesn't yet understand that their own satisfaction isn't felt by others too. Or someone who went full-Descartes, and can only recognize their own feelings as ones that exist, and can only make decisions based on them. Empathy is just an ability of part of our brains, and can be hormonally suppressed (adrenaline does this), damaged, underdeveloped, or completely absent.

Take away some of their foresight and reasoning too; now you have a cat (or other mostly-solitary mammal of your choice). It's good that they enjoy being pet as much as it's nice to pet them. Or good for them that they're so good at parasitizing/hijacking our Cuteness-appeal-based safeguards that make us want to take care of and deal with our species own sociopathic toddlers, by mimicking a human baby's facial proportions and all that. Depends how you want to look at it. ._.

I feel stuck. Absolutely nothing is going well right now.

I had a two-hour long conversation this morning with my mother, on waking, about how I "didn't receive the punishment I deserved" and am coddled, spoiled, and etc. I was trying to get some work done this morning... now there's no time.

-snip-

I don't know, in this moment, how I can continue. Life seems too painful. Just feels like there's nothing here for me, at all. There never was.

I don't even know what to say to this... she's being utterly cruel without need. I'd say I disagree completely with her opinion ethically, and that I had no time for it. Then tell her goodbye and hang up the damn phone mid sentence... that crap isn't okay, and she has no right to expect you to subject yourself to it, nor a right to your time. She might need you to put your foot down here, and Hard... even though she might never learn or get better. Either way it simply needs to stop.
Pages: 1 ... 6003 6004 [6005] 6006 6007 ... 8156