Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6047 6048 [6049] 6050 6051 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8552199 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90720 on: March 27, 2015, 05:35:09 pm »

I'm at a loss of words, greatorder. My feelings are with you and yours.
Love, scriver~

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #90721 on: March 27, 2015, 05:41:01 pm »

* Worldmaster27 gives all the hugs

:(

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90722 on: March 27, 2015, 10:44:45 pm »

Sad, but at least the suffering's over.
Condolences.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #90723 on: March 27, 2015, 11:04:29 pm »

Legend of Zelda for WiiU is being delayed until sometime next year. On the bright side its because they want to use that time to add even more content to the Open World Exploration.
It's FEF, not FEOF

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90724 on: March 27, 2015, 11:06:44 pm »

You have my deepest sympathies, GreatOrder.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90725 on: March 27, 2015, 11:14:47 pm »

Sorry about your loss, greatorder. From what I heard he fought like a champ.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90726 on: March 27, 2015, 11:15:10 pm »

You have my deepest sympathies, GreatOrder.
^ :( I dunno what to say.
* ShadowHammer hugs greatorder as well.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #90727 on: March 27, 2015, 11:18:31 pm »

condolences
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #90728 on: March 28, 2015, 01:14:45 am »

I'd like to ask something of you people of Bay12.
Can you please be honest with me?
If I ever mess up, or say something stupid or embarrassing, or let you down, or anything like that, please tell me.

It's just that... My mind tends to default to assuming everyone is judging me silently because I fucked up some way or another, and they're all just too kind to tell me. That's one of the things I am most afraid of. Please tell me. I don't want to be a bad person and not know about it.
Yes.

If you ever mess up, people will be present to correct you and poke your attitude.
But if ever, you've to note that there's tiny bit there--out of context--that is unhealthy. Unhealthy for both parties: if someone can judge you in silence, it would be a lot better to judge and to aid.

This isn't a dumb thing you did. :P Being open.

[-snip-]
I can't quite follow the link between trusting people and remembering things...?
I can, deeply. :-\

There's the note of attitude being a construct (obviously different from behavior). There are many ways to go about this. Willpower and self-analysis would also come into play; analysis of the traits which breed such thoughts, and which support such an attitude. Muchly so is opening up to others, in an atmosphere where it is evident that its the reprehension on your side being the only one that's stopping you, instead of what you can obviously sense the other person...is.

You can go one way with analysis. Go the other way; check all perspectives.
And talk to others IRL about it. :) People are much more deeper than initially perceived.

...Also, personally? You can fix it.
That's the belief of therapists and psychology in general--you may just currently lack the tools to fix it, but you can fix it (otherwise any kind of therapy or such wouldn't... work.)
That's my belief anyway. After having a ton of cr-- thrown my way early childhood, that I didn't have a good childhood >.>
Or adolescence.
Or otherwise.

But yeah ._.

Also, what Vector said. If you've any questions on how therapists generally go about their work, I could open up how these works (generally because I can ask my 'mentor' about it :P But its a process which is very detailed, and a very nice one, personally)
Also my words are messy.

If you still can't remember and you really need to know, PM me and I'll tell you.
>_>
<_<
Why do I have a feeling like I know who (Your past username) you're talking about but I forget the exact name. As in, I remember, but forget at the same time...

In case you didn't notice, I tend to tell people they're wrong whenever I've got the patience to do so, and you've never done anything stupid in my recollection.
Can you tell me when I'm being stupid? Or, y'know, when my words are being too rigid?
Please? ._.
Like, so we can enact sharpening of each other's wits and stuff?
...Generally asking for... friendships(?) here x_x
Thanks in advance.
Yay!

* Objective proudly puts on Vector's "You're Dumb" badge.

Also I'm not exactly getting therapy, but counseling count I guess? My counselor at the very least scratch my urge for meaningful human contact which I don't trust other humans to satisfy.
Methinks you being dumb must have the invisible appending of 'and you can get better' :P

And counseling does count. It all depends on how much interaction is done.

Condolences, Greatorder. :-\
Wishing you and your family well from half a world away.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 01:20:26 am by Tiruin »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90730 on: March 28, 2015, 02:40:58 am »

And thanks for the condolences, everyone.
I was eating dinner and wasn't here to say anything, so I'll offer condolences now (along with obligatory cup of tea).
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #90731 on: March 28, 2015, 02:46:39 am »

God dammit I hate my country.
The former would be struck down by the constitution if it DID get anywhere, and nobody is suicidal enough to kill their career voting for it. The latter is drawing widespread criticism from pretty much all of the rest of America. So at least you have that.

And thanks for the condolences, everyone.
Yeah, the good thing is that if you read the whole article about the AZ senator you'll note that we have another senator who actually posted online that he's pretty sure such a thing would (rightfully) be against the US constitution. (I figure it's also worthwhile to note that the senator making the church statement is one of our crazier ones :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #90732 on: March 28, 2015, 03:15:19 am »

You have my condolences too, greatorder, if that helps at all.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #90733 on: March 28, 2015, 09:33:22 am »

* miauw62 hugs greatorder

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #90734 on: March 28, 2015, 10:12:09 am »

My illness is almost passed, hut now um left with a covering of sad instead.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 6047 6048 [6049] 6050 6051 ... 8155