Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6049 6050 [6051] 6052 6053 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8558503 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90750 on: March 28, 2015, 07:15:42 pm »

Closest thing to immortality I'm gonna get is having a kid, so may as well do so eventually. I may even grow to like the little tyke.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90751 on: March 28, 2015, 07:21:11 pm »

Homicide in St Louis is much lower than at the peak in the early 90's. It's still lower than it was in 2008, it's just higher than the last few years. When a rate is low compared to the historical rate, you should expect larger year-to-year fluctuations in percentage terms. Don't let media hype affect you: "up 32%" from last year, but it's still a low year compared to historical record, we're talking 50% of the homicide rate of the 80's and 90's, even with the extra. A spike could be a one-off data point, you really need to see if that is just a blip or a trend.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 07:27:31 pm by Reelya »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90752 on: March 28, 2015, 08:17:43 pm »

I'm starting to think "fairness" is a crock of shit. I think I'm just going to aim for "better" more than "fair" in the future. Too much shit gets wrecked by people who know less than they think, trying to be just.

Anyway, razor shipment coming through, watch out guys, wouldn't want anybody to get cut on all this edge.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #90753 on: March 28, 2015, 08:19:25 pm »

I could really really use a cigarette right now, and possibly beer, or something stronger. I just feel like not using my head at all tonight, which sadly, both because of cash reasons and me needing my head operating at full capacity is not an option.

You could try cocaine. It'll keep you going at above full capacity until eventually your heart unexpectedly stops.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #90754 on: March 28, 2015, 08:27:22 pm »

I might actually do things in real life this weekend for once! With friends even! This makes me happy since it might mean I'm not as socially inept as I thought!
Yeah no, friend is sick and cancelled. :-\

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #90755 on: March 28, 2015, 08:31:10 pm »

-snip-
'Without children your life will never be complete!'

Yeah, screw that idea. Like me some money and free time.
Relevant.

You people go ahead and do the opposite of what you're biologically intended to do, I'll be over here raising small mes.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90756 on: March 28, 2015, 08:36:50 pm »

Relevant.
I choose none of the above! Judging by how things are going, of late.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #90757 on: March 28, 2015, 08:53:55 pm »

Ugh, rash on my arms, neck and face. This sucks so much I can't believe it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90758 on: March 28, 2015, 10:32:20 pm »

Hydrocortisone works wonders.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90759 on: March 28, 2015, 10:44:50 pm »

that sucks Worldmaster.

Also Vector, what's goin' wrong with yo studies?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90760 on: March 28, 2015, 11:04:55 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:04:14 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90761 on: March 28, 2015, 11:47:19 pm »

I spend a day procrastinating and getting very little studying done. I tell myself I'll make up for it the next day. I tell myself I'll focus and get lots of studying done and make up for lost time. I tell myself I'll change my life around and tomorrow will be different. Then I do the same procedure of doing jack shit the next day.

My tests are Tuesday and Wednesday.

God I am such a failure who does nothing productive.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90762 on: March 28, 2015, 11:52:28 pm »

God I am such a failure who does nothing productive.
I know that feel.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #90763 on: March 28, 2015, 11:56:46 pm »

I hope I don't get cat scratch disease from playing with my friend's cat :(
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90764 on: March 29, 2015, 12:16:20 am »

Of course. Of course.
I decide to make scrambled eggs for breakfast, find a suitable bowl to crack the eggs into, start whisking them... only to realise that we're out of milk. What happens if you make scrambled eggs without milk, anyway? I can't just leave the eggs out for hours in the hope that someone buys milk. :-/
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6049 6050 [6051] 6052 6053 ... 8155