Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6051 6052 [6053] 6054 6055 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8548672 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90780 on: March 29, 2015, 07:12:02 am »

...Who makes scrambled eggs with milk?!

Seriously. Is that a thing? I've never heard of that.
Basic recipe:
Take n eggs, put them into a bowl. Take a half of an eggshell, fill with milk, pour in, repeat n times. Add spices, vegetables, cheese, or whatever you like, put into pre-heated frying pan and scramble away.

If you don't scramble and keep the heat fairly low, you get omelette, but scrambling's easier and faster.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90781 on: March 29, 2015, 07:17:15 am »

I only know of one person who adds milk to scrambled egg. It's a pretty weird thing to do.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90782 on: March 29, 2015, 08:24:55 am »

In Germany it's the usual way of making scrambled eggs - they're called 'Rόhrei' ('stirr-egg') here.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #90783 on: March 29, 2015, 10:56:23 am »

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:42:18 pm by penguinofhonor »

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90784 on: March 29, 2015, 10:59:51 am »

I finished the main storyline of Fantasy Life. D :
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #90785 on: March 29, 2015, 11:02:07 am »

If I add anything at all to scrambled egg it tends to be fish sauce.
It's FEF, not FEOF

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #90786 on: March 29, 2015, 03:02:17 pm »

melancholy

Got to sleep for around 12-13 hours today, which is nice
but I missed church, which I really didn't want to do
this schedule is ballsack

If I add anything at all to scrambled egg it tends to be fish sauce.

Cheese and picante sauce braj, it's the only true solution

E: Oh, i almost forgot, this girl I've been crushing on for a while is way into my best friend, and it would honestly be best for both of them if they started dating (they both have come off of really shitty relationships (which I warned them about but noooooobody listens to ggamer) and they could use a normal relationship). I guess that means it's a good thing I didn't make a move on her when we hung out a while ago, that could have led to an awkward situation.

Honestly, I don't know why I thought she would be into me, which is weird and kinda mopey to say, but what I mean is that we've been good friends for forever. If i'm being truthful with myself, I don't think I was really all that into her anyway. I think I just wanted to find somebody else after the trainwreck that my last relationship was.

guuuuuuh
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:06:42 pm by ggamer »

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #90787 on: March 29, 2015, 03:40:41 pm »

I have a fever and feel like I'm going to pass out any moment but I have to go to school tomorrow because I missed too much school this year urrgh
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90788 on: March 29, 2015, 03:58:36 pm »

Stressing about college. Stressing about life. Where am I going. What am I doing. Why am I not happy. What is my life.

No idea what to do. Probably have two options, keep going to college -which I hate and the thought of continuing is painful- or get a job without a college degree -which I also hate and find painful and additionally it has the stigma that all jobs without a college degree are awful and pay minimum wage and wah wah wah.

Hate to say it, but killing myself reeeeeally seems like the best option. Don't have to worry about anything, don't have to continue being constantly unhappy and stressed, don't have to put up with shit at college or getting a shitty job or anything. But then I'd be a failure who couldn't handle life and ooooh I'd be hurting my friends and family and oooooh think of the people you'd hurt ooooh you can't do that shit can you you'd be so selfish doing that.

Man I am just stuck in a rut.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90789 on: March 29, 2015, 04:06:56 pm »

I really doubt suicide is a good way out. Are you seeing a therapist? It seems like it could be helpful.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90790 on: March 29, 2015, 04:13:01 pm »

I wonder if I'll regret what I do in the best five years
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90791 on: March 29, 2015, 04:45:35 pm »

There's a crapload of jobs that don't require degrees and pay at least enough to survive on. Trades, mainly. Plumbing, electricianing... why the hell does spellcheck think that's a word?

Anyway, this is spoilered because it's a really long rant and makes me sound like and insufferable whiner. I'm also a lot more vulgar than usual. I actually don't want anyone to read it, but maybe posting will make me feel better so it's worth a shot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90792 on: March 29, 2015, 06:42:21 pm »

There's a crapload of jobs that don't require degrees and pay at least enough to survive on. Trades, mainly. Plumbing, electricianing... why the hell does spellcheck think that's a word?
I really don't like the thought of living from paycheck to paycheck. I mean, yeah, it's an option. But I don't like it. Of course, I don't like any options, it seems like.

In other sad news I may have had an emotional breakdown shortly after trying to drive through a one lane road and getting cut off by some blonde sorority bitch trying to go the other way and refusing to back up and let me pass despite her being in the straightest part of the road and me having another car behind me and being stuck in the curve of the road. I backed up, proving myself to be the beta male, and made multiple idiotic mistakes such as backing onto the curb and backing into a road cone, with blonde bitch following with her bumper inches from mine and refusing to give me the slightest space to correct myself.

After finally getting to my destination of a parking garage at my college I parked as far away from everyone as possible before screaming myself hoarse and wishing every last horrible death on the stupid blonde cunt whom I don't even know, before crying myself out of feeling like crying.

I may have more repressed emotions than I thought I did.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #90793 on: March 29, 2015, 06:50:16 pm »

Well, hey, at least you vented some of them?

Have some internet hugs.

* Worldmaster27 hugs

I hope things work out for you.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #90794 on: March 29, 2015, 07:51:06 pm »

I really don't like the thought of living from paycheck to paycheck. I mean, yeah, it's an option. But I don't like it. Of course, I don't like any options, it seems like.
Just a note here, but plumbers make quite a bit of money. The average salary is about $53,000 which, while not quite as high as a computer programmer (and still tons lower than a doctor or lawyer), is higher than quite a few things such as teachers. Master plumbers (over 5-7 years of experience) can often pull in over $100,000 a year. After all, since nobody wants to deal with (literal) shit, those few who are willing to do so are often paid rather well by the rest of us that don't want to.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 6051 6052 [6053] 6054 6055 ... 8155