Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6052 6053 [6054] 6055 6056 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8573449 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90795 on: March 29, 2015, 08:12:36 pm »

I have no idea what you're saying there. Is 5x5 easy? Is it just the math or does it mean something else? Do you know the answer and it keeps asking you it or are you telling it not to give you that any more and it's not listening or what? :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #90796 on: March 29, 2015, 08:27:55 pm »

I decided today, "hey, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies sounds fun, why don't I get it?" Having heard that the game wasn't exactly deserving of its M rating but being a minor, I figured I'd be able to purchase it with little to no issue.

Then I found out about Nintendo's lovely eShop censor that forbids anybody under the "requisite age" for a game (i.e. 17 for M) from viewing the details of, let alone purchasing, said game.

Dammit, Nintendo, why are you keeping my lawyers away from me? :(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90797 on: March 29, 2015, 08:30:31 pm »

No rage thread, so this'll have to do:

Rediscovered our Brain Training game(?) a few days ago. EVERY fucking brain age check has the memorise 5x5. The one thing EVERYBODY I've talked to has had major trouble with. My brother never fucking gets it. Me? '5x5! Oh, end? OK. 5x5 again! You want to restart? 5x5 AGAIN! Why are you not wanting to do this thing we expect you to be amazing at that is terribly hard to do? 5x5 again! Christ, just do it already! I know we have alternatives, but we want you to do this one as much as you hate it!'

Please don't bring rages into the other emotion threads. Let's try to keep this thread from being banned, eh?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90798 on: March 29, 2015, 08:30:53 pm »

I wonder if I'll regret what I do in the best five years
*next I meant to say
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #90799 on: March 29, 2015, 09:17:44 pm »

Is it just me, or is everyone on the face of the planet having a crap semester this spring? Most of my friends and even some of my profs are fed up...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #90800 on: March 29, 2015, 09:21:29 pm »

I have never had a good spring semester. Fall is always pretty good, but spring sucks and is only good for warmth.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #90801 on: March 29, 2015, 09:22:13 pm »

Is it just me, or is everyone on the face of the planet having a crap semester this spring? Most of my friends and even some of my profs are fed up...

Might just be my job adding to this semester's stress, but i'm ready for class to be over.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90802 on: March 29, 2015, 09:30:12 pm »

I have never had a good spring semester. Fall is always pretty good, but spring sucks and is only good for warmth.

Yeah...I dunno, last spring I was able to keep together. I'll save this one academically, at least, but I'm really just waiting for September to hurry up and get here already so I can go to Russia and do something interesting. The only academic-like task I can really get myself to do is languages. The remaining time in the semester is too short to find a new social group or try dating someone- I have 4 weeks of real class, then dead week, then finals.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90803 on: March 29, 2015, 09:47:35 pm »

Yes.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90804 on: March 29, 2015, 10:18:13 pm »

All anecdotes I can supply suggest that the answer is yes. Why did I do this to myself
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90805 on: March 29, 2015, 10:21:08 pm »

All anecdotes I can supply suggest that the answer is yes. Why did I do this to myself

39 days until my last final. 150 or so until I fly to Russia. Gonna have to get a job or two this summer to keep my occupied in between getting my Russian up to speed...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #90806 on: March 29, 2015, 10:45:52 pm »

Yes.
Me too! :D
Though its more me and somehow my memory can't recall the exact thing on the exam...time...proper when I can recall it ANY OTHER TIME, EVER. Without glancing at the reviewed notes. :/
>_> Like now.

Bluhh.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #90807 on: March 29, 2015, 11:14:53 pm »

I decided today, "hey, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies sounds fun, why don't I get it?" Having heard that the game wasn't exactly deserving of its M rating but being a minor, I figured I'd be able to purchase it with little to no issue.

Then I found out about Nintendo's lovely eShop censor that forbids anybody under the "requisite age" for a game (i.e. 17 for M) from viewing the details of, let alone purchasing, said game.

Dammit, Nintendo, why are you keeping my lawyers away from me? :(

That's why you should always misreport your age. ALWAYS!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90808 on: March 29, 2015, 11:19:35 pm »

I think my age used to be -1337 on this forum.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #90809 on: March 29, 2015, 11:26:12 pm »

Ignorant people in general make me sad, especially people who think that the Internet is only good for Facebook and mindless entertainment. You have access to nearly the entirety of human knowledge because you can beam information to a manmade construction in orbit above Earth. That alone is pretty freaking cool IMO. It is the greatest tool for scientific collaboration and every medium for art (movies, text, images, etc.) blended into one. Lonely people can form friendships that last a lifetime with total strangers because they were shoved together in an MMORPG. Services like Google Translate let people from different countries talk to eachother, and while it doesn't always work perfectly we're still better off for its existence.

As somebody who feels that digital technology (especially the Internet) is potentially the greatest force for good that has existed in the history of mankind, it's astounding how blind some people can be to its power. I literally learned (very basic) rocket science because I downloaded a videogame on a whim. The possibilities are literally endless. And there are still people who think that we're better off without it. To me, that idea is like the paradox that destroys a supercomputer in an old science fiction serial; it's a thought so utterly confounding that I can't tear myself away from it. And it makes me very sad.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 6052 6053 [6054] 6055 6056 ... 8156