Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6055 6056 [6057] 6058 6059 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8610790 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90840 on: March 30, 2015, 12:26:57 pm »

Fairly good odds it ends up in the pound (i.e. dead)
So, you're saying the British currency is literally made from dead puppies? Not that I'm surprised or anything.
Animal shelter is the more generic/euphemistic term, I guess. That'll work too, though.

Pound, referencing the older structure that had a similar use, is probably more descriptive, unfortunately. Those joints usually aren't shelters, they're places animals are held for a little while and then killed. Generally overall for the better, despite all the nastiness at times involved, but...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90841 on: March 30, 2015, 12:33:32 pm »

Well, now you have kill shelters and no-kill shelters. Kill shelters will hold on to animals for a couple months and then euthanize them if they aren't adopted. No-kill shelters hang on to the animal until it eventually dies of old age if it comes to that.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #90842 on: March 30, 2015, 12:38:40 pm »

No-kill shelters around here also tend to have a waiting list that can be measured in months, if they're accepting new animals at all.

Hell, sometimes the kill shelters do, too.

... and it being a no-kill shelter doesn't necessarily mean they don't kill any animals. Depends pretty heavily on the area and organization.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:41:01 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90843 on: March 30, 2015, 12:53:36 pm »

I've been sick a little lately, and as always makes me an emotional bitch.

After work today, I attended the cafeteria. I was eating coffee ice cream, it was the only thing I felt was palatable at the moment. There's a girl who works the grill that I've always felt like asking out, but mentally avoided even the possibility. I thought about it today, though I knew it was a bad day for something adventurous like that, being sick and miserable as I am. I thought about what it would feel like though to just ask, and in an instant I was a child again, begging for attention from someone completely indifferent, and felt badly ashamed. I savored my ice cream a bit more, it's the only place I know where to get it.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90844 on: March 30, 2015, 01:03:04 pm »

I thought about what it would feel like though to just ask, and in an instant I was a child again, begging for attention from someone completely indifferent, and felt badly ashamed.
It's funny how growing up seems to consist of learning how not to give a damn.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90845 on: March 30, 2015, 01:10:13 pm »

ohgodmyback ._.
Dunno what's wrong with it but just moving around is pretty difficult at the moment.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90846 on: March 30, 2015, 01:10:31 pm »

Apparently, my school's wifi blocks Steam connections...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #90847 on: March 30, 2015, 01:15:21 pm »

Someone would appear to have abandoned a puppy. Cute little rottweiler/something mutt, very friendly, obviously used to being around people and in houses. Noisy as goddamn when it's not around people -- it was raising a very significant fuss (i.e. it woke me up like five times) from basically 8-ish PM to something like 3 AM, all up and down a good chunk of the road outside the house -- but that's fairly normal for a puppy, especially one that just got abandoned. Also teething a bit and probably could stand something of a bath, but eh.

People living here won't be able to keep it, I won't be able to keep it, family won't, etc., etc. Maybe it's just been misplaced, but someone was looking to offload a puppy a day or two ago and, well. Probably not.

Fairly good odds it ends up in the pound (i.e. dead), though. Unfortunate. Also irritating. If you're going to condemn a dog to death, just goddamn do it, either via pound or bullet. Don't foist putting it down onto someone else or set it out to starve or get run over.

I disagree. Let it roll the dice.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90848 on: March 30, 2015, 01:24:26 pm »

Oh and also insomnia. I slept like... 4 hours? yesterday.
Odd. I also slept 4-hourish due to insomnia, if at all, I honestly can't tell, and so did a person I know.
Wait. Did we all have insomnia at the same time?
What? I come into this thread to complain about feeling sleepy and now I find out I aren't the only one?

I didn't notice myself taking longer than usual to fall asleep, but I basically woke up this morning tired as hell and spent most of my classes switching between being annoyed that my head was heavy and crushing my arms, almost falling asleep, and listening to the teacher with my eyes closed.

Maybe it has to do with the clock turning to summer time?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #90849 on: March 30, 2015, 01:58:09 pm »

Oh and also insomnia. I slept like... 4 hours? yesterday.
Odd. I also slept 4-hourish due to insomnia, if at all, I honestly can't tell, and so did a person I know.
Wait. Did we all have insomnia at the same time?

The fact that yesterday was daylight savings hourshift shit could be an influence.

I sleep very badly very often though. And shift-lag makes everything worse
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90850 on: March 30, 2015, 02:17:00 pm »

I disagree. Let it roll the dice.
In NZ, we actually have a big problem with cats/dogs/ferrets/etc. The local ecosystem can't handle them (the only native mammal here is a gorram fruitbat, and a good proportion of the birds can't fly) so the Department of Conservation is forced to routinely dump enormous amounts of 1080 across the countryside.
The urban areas are a different story, but it's still a pretty poor idea to dump your cat in the middle of nowhere so he can start nomming on our national icon.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90851 on: March 30, 2015, 03:02:36 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:01:37 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #90852 on: March 30, 2015, 03:05:29 pm »

I had fucking terrible nightmares last night. Guess that's lots of us.
* Tiruin hugs the lot of us.

I had the same. Just woke up ten minutes ago. Distracting self with borrowed net <_<

I mean, c'mon memory. You can recall the past vividly more than most others (as far as others have told me) and yet your exam scores go bluhh.
At least thanks to professor for noting I looked stressed but ._.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90853 on: March 30, 2015, 03:09:33 pm »

Butting in to add that I too had weird dreams last night and I did not feel rested at all despite 7 or 8 hours of sleep.

Clearly there's sleep demons abroad.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #90854 on: March 30, 2015, 03:10:15 pm »

I had fucking terrible nightmares last night. Guess that's lots of us.
The only thing BFEL still considers a nightmare is "bathroom is flooded/unusable and have to go" dreams. Oh god those are terrible. Everything else is just meh.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 6055 6056 [6057] 6058 6059 ... 8156