Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6091 6092 [6093] 6094 6095 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8635992 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91380 on: April 08, 2015, 10:26:58 am »

I'm mostly failing, unfortunately. I swear, 90% of the songs you find on youtube are either about relationships, trying to get in a relationship, or sex, none of which are conducive for the purpose of trying to get said feelings off one's mind.
Instrumental music best music. Lrn2 instrumental avante-garde extreme prog deth metal.*

*probably not an actual genre of metal. but considering this is metal we're talking about, there probably is at least one band going by this genre.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91381 on: April 08, 2015, 10:56:37 am »

Ah Pandora. How you all my music.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91382 on: April 08, 2015, 12:24:23 pm »

Reeeeeaaally bummed and burned out.

Logically, suicide is not the best choice. Still seems the best option. I'm really tired of this total ennui I have. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. :\
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #91383 on: April 08, 2015, 12:28:26 pm »

Something you could try that's helped me out of a funk in the past: start a project of some kind. Mod a game, draw some pictures, paint your walls, go build something in a sandbox, begin a worldbuilding thread. Just find something absorbing to do.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91384 on: April 08, 2015, 12:50:08 pm »

-snip-
Then keep thinking logically. Personally, as long as I have money to buy my little figurines to occupy my time, I'm happy to just exist in this pathetic half-existence for the rest of my life.
It's not a great way to live, but it's better than suicide, because at least then I'll be able to admire the march of technology, maybe be in the first generation to escape our solar system, and if not, just be that awkward person that everyone is secretly disappointed in at family events.

So far all of my close family seem quite convinced that I'm depressed and it's proving very difficult to convince them otherwise- but suicide couldn't be the furthest thing from my mind.
Existence is actually remarkably easy, when you get down to the basics.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91385 on: April 08, 2015, 01:09:04 pm »

Something you could try that's helped me out of a funk in the past: start a project of some kind. Mod a game, draw some pictures, paint your walls, go build something in a sandbox, begin a worldbuilding thread. Just find something absorbing to do.
I've done that basically my whole life. Go from project to project. Never finished anything. Never got anywhere. Never stuck with anything. Currently I can't find anything to do. Lost interest in all my hobbies. Only stuff to do is passive time wasting crap like video games or internet.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91386 on: April 08, 2015, 01:28:27 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:19:18 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91387 on: April 08, 2015, 01:51:09 pm »

boys >:[
How dare you say such things about Objective!!

-More Ennui-
Yeah but that stuff doesn't last. I think it's just a plague of the modern first-world.
Have you tried hedonism? Worked alright for the Eldar.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91388 on: April 08, 2015, 02:06:58 pm »

I've done that basically my whole life. Go from project to project. Never finished anything. Never got anywhere. Never stuck with anything. Currently I can't find anything to do. Lost interest in all my hobbies. Only stuff to do is passive time wasting crap like video games or internet.

You need more games. Block out everything else until there is only the game and when you get tired of it find a new game. If you can't afford to buy any there are plenty of free ones on NewGrounds, Kongregate, Armor Games, and AdultSwim.com. I reccommend the Epic Battle Fantasy series.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:12:22 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #91389 on: April 08, 2015, 02:11:13 pm »

Had my dad's funeral today.

I think my brain's finally accepted that he's not coming back. I used to wake up thinking that I'd go downstairs and he'd be there. Not upsetting, per se, but certainly an unpleasant feeling.

:(. I know a very little of how you're feeling. I hope you feel better soon.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #91390 on: April 08, 2015, 02:45:34 pm »

boys >:[
How dare you say such things about Objective!!
Maybe they were talking about Helgo? :P

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91391 on: April 08, 2015, 02:53:25 pm »

Maybe they were talking about Helgo? :P
You wasn't supposed to tell, it's funnier to see they figuring it out on their own...
In a time before time, I had a name.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91392 on: April 08, 2015, 03:01:20 pm »

You need more games. Block out everything else until there is only the game and when you get tired of it find a new game. If you can't afford to buy any there are plenty of free ones on NewGrounds, Kongregate, Armor Games, and AdultSwim.com. I reccommend the Epic Battle Fantasy series.
Yeah, no. Like telling an alcoholic to drink more.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91393 on: April 08, 2015, 03:15:37 pm »

Yeah, no. Like telling an alcoholic to drink more.
Say, where do you live?
PM me if you don't feel comfortable telling everyone.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91394 on: April 08, 2015, 03:18:47 pm »

David The Master... you're not a domme, are you?
Pages: 1 ... 6091 6092 [6093] 6094 6095 ... 8156