Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6094 6095 [6096] 6097 6098 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572543 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91425 on: April 08, 2015, 10:38:34 pm »

If you want me to give you sfw reading material that explains what it is I can do that, however demonstrations are not allowed on the forum as far as I know~

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91426 on: April 09, 2015, 02:30:45 am »

Asked one of my roommates if he could do something besides play diablo-likes all night because the constant clicking was getting on my nerves and keeping me from sleeping and I have a test tomorrow and wanted to get some sleep.

Other roommates takes this as a cue to get on my ass for cursing under my breath to myself for various bullshit I remember I have to do or have to put up with, which he finds as annoying as when he screams vulgarities at losing in sports games.

doesn't make sense, but whatever. Makes me feel like an asshole, so now I really can't sleep.

Great. I should totally kill myself, I'm apparently an asshole. Add it to my list. Reason # 251 for reasons I killed myself. "I'm an asshole according to an asshole."
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #91427 on: April 09, 2015, 02:37:33 am »

It doesn't sound like you're an asshole to me. There's certainly nothing wrong with asking someone to let up on the gaming for one night, and it doesn't sound like the other guy's got a leg to stand on. So, not an asshole.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #91428 on: April 09, 2015, 02:39:49 am »

Spehss_, you're a really nice person. Don't listen to the asshole, he doesn't get to call other people assholes when he's a total douchebag himself.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91429 on: April 09, 2015, 02:42:26 am »

Still makes me feel bad. Duh.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91430 on: April 09, 2015, 02:56:47 am »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:17:48 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91431 on: April 09, 2015, 03:57:53 am »

Most people won't want to do something in order to make someone else's life easier, and it's tough to see stuff from that point of view.
I've certainly had trouble with it. I'm quite hypocritical when it comes to things I don't want people doing/things I do.

- snip -
"Hello, we're here to talk to you about the BDSM lifestyle."
'... Uh huh'
"Yes, we know it's gotten a rather bad rap amongst the latest books that've come out, but it really is a wonderful community of people who are all dedicated to feeling safe and secure amongst themselves. It's a wonderful feeling."
'Uh... sorry, but I just put dinner on, so I've got-'
"That's Fine! That's Fine! Can I just leave with you some literature I'm sure you'll find interesting and informative?"

I, personally, don't like the presumption that just because I used my regional colloquialism for a member of the lifestyle;
  -I therefore am an uneducated vanilla running around shouting my head off like 'the media', and talking crap I don't know.

The majority of this forum is quite liberal and on the most part has probably avoided 50 shades like the plague.
Don't worry, I'm almost certain that all of those who are interested have well-educated themselves in one way or another.
Let us make our jokes.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 04:01:34 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91432 on: April 09, 2015, 04:03:31 am »

50 shades is a stupid book, not remotely close to how it actually works. Although the author was quite brilliant in terms of marketing strategy, made it juuuuuust edgy enough to appeal to many people as a pseudotaboo book that perks curiosity, and adhered close enough to the stereotypes so people wouldn't find it odd when reading it but kept it edgy enough that people kept interest so they could milk two more books of money out of them. They have my props with how they marketed it, but they have my scorn with how they portrayed an already stereotype ridden subculture.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91433 on: April 09, 2015, 04:08:54 am »

Yes, that's what Tack said most of us realize.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91434 on: April 09, 2015, 06:51:31 am »

Well, I had a good run.
I'd been watching a bunch of good movies lately. Then I watched Children of The Corn, which was a mixed bag, and now I'm watching Snowpiercer, which is an absolutely attrocious pile of shit. The only reason I'm still watching this trainwreck (pun intended) is because my friend wants to finish it. I don't know how much more I can take. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #91435 on: April 09, 2015, 07:08:44 am »

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:31:56 pm by penguinofhonor »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #91436 on: April 09, 2015, 07:14:43 am »

Yea, it's really not something you'd want your kid to be into.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91437 on: April 09, 2015, 07:31:46 am »

Anyway, the pizza is still up, and I just need to get a use to those gmail phone credits, so I thinking of making prank calls to mexico... Yeah, I need to find less creative ways of spending that.
My brief sad this day is that my computer power source fried and I took six hours to fix the thing... and it was only an inductor that went haywire messing with the transistors... So i felt kind of dumb, but it's working again now!

Edit:
No, I'm not a domme, and I shouldn't have googled BDSM.
Next time I'll just ask kevak for those informational articles...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 07:33:25 am by David The Master »
In a time before time, I had a name.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91438 on: April 09, 2015, 07:34:24 am »

Yes, that's what Tack said most of us realize.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91439 on: April 09, 2015, 07:34:42 am »

I'd go with 'Abuse happens everywhere, even in normal relationships.'
The only issue is with the BDSM community there's a lot more loopholes which can be exploited to allow that abuse.
Which is why those in the lifestyle are really pedantic about the whole thing and make a big scene about ostracizing those bad people in it.

I haven't read/seen Fifty Shades, but from 2nd hand the series synopsis is basically:
A male rape victim grows up to be a severely dysfunctional control-freak, who finds a nice pet woman, who he has fun controlling but soon begins to allow his dysfunctions control him, which results in a dysfunctional relationship, ultimately almost ending with him psychologically scarring HER for all time, which would complete the cycle.
But with the help of her love and a dozen leather-clad fairies, he fixes his weird psychological problems and they live a normal whips-and-chains lifestyle happily ever after.

So really it's down to how weird and dysfunctional each particular relationship is, or whether sadism and masochism should be regarded as psychologically aberrant.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 6094 6095 [6096] 6097 6098 ... 8156